Windows 10: Creators update problem.

Discus and support Creators update problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blacksmith57, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Creators update problem.

I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too has become quite slow. I need help asap.

Specs: lenovo g50-80
    Intel core i5
    Amd r5 m330
    Windows 10 home edition.
    4 GB RAM

:)

blacksmith57, Jan 22, 2018

2. win 10 anniversary not scrolling inactive window if active window is excel 2003

Is it just me or is this problem still with us even after the Creators update and the Fall Creators update ?

Canarytops, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Creators Update DTS / Dolby Digital Live Problem

I don't have any problem in first creator update but this fall creator update is absolute useless.

Doomelectro, Jan 22, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Creators update problem.

Hi blacksmith57,

That would be related with the security fix Microsoft released for the meltdown and spectre problems.
    See Windows Client Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities - Windows 10 Forums

There's not much that can be done against the slowness, the black screen issue might also be a result of the security fix as I have them too from time to time since installing the update.

Unfortunately, since you have an older laptop model, your system is more affected than recenter models in regards to the slowness.

5. Can I roll back my os previous to the update ? If yes then how ?

6. axe0 New Member
  7. The method which you are suggesting requires a functioning explorer. I dont have that luxury. Can I roll back to the previous version by some other method ?

8. axe0 New Member

Creators update problem.

This is a method I do NOT recommend, you'll need to boot into the recovery, go to the command prompt and uninstall the update using a command.
    To get into the recovery, you need to shutdown the pc while it boots, for up to 3 times. Be warned, doing this has a chance of causing issues with your system that may result in temporary or permanent boot issues.
    You might read on the internet that this happens to many users, but only those that are having issues go online for it, the millions of other users don't need to. The chance of something going wrong is pretty small, I have personally done this and never met an issue that caused corruption or boot issues.

Another potential solution is to wait. I and probably many others will face / are facing the same issue as you are, I waited for 15 minutes on my desktop until the login screen came and ran some tests to ultimately find out there isn't much I can do with the Meltdown and Spectre security updates installed to improve the boot speed.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Creators update problem.

1. Creators update problem. - Similar Threads - Creators update problem

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  4. Chrome problems after creator update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome problems after creator update: After installing the creators fall update my chrome wouldn't work any more. I uninstalled it and it wont install either. I get unspecified error. 100058
  5. Fall Creator update problems/solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fall Creator update problems/solved: I have been seeing a few posts about the Fall Creator update and the various problems or no problems. Mine was that I had updated to W10Pro so I could use whatever drivers I wanted to. But with the first Creator update I couldn't install any NVidia drivers older than the 370...
  6. Creators Update - Account Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creators Update - Account Problem: Since Microsoft 'creators update' about a week ago I have been getting the following message pop up daily; Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account before you can use shared experiences. Select this message to open settings to fix things....
  7. Creators Update caused some problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update caused some problems: Hello all, When I upgraded to the Creators Update I encountered a small problem that turned into a larger problem. The small problem was that Libre Office would not open. I tried several ways to open it but nothing worked. I reverted to the previous edition and uninstalled...
  8. Creators Update Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...
  9. Creators update ssd driver problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update ssd driver problem: After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through upgrade assistant) i also liked the new features *Smile .... but almost 1 month of use after... I noticed my pny cs1311 240 GB...
  10. Taskbar problems after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar problems after Creators update: I have had the taskbar configured in two rows, with the bottom row being reserved for Quick Launch, for many years ever since the functionality was available on Win98a or XP. It has never failed, through all upgrades and updates. But after the Creators update, the taskbar no...