Windows 10: Creators Update rollback possible?

Discus and support Creators Update rollback possible? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using the upgrade assistant to download the Creators Update and have a screenshot that states "It's easy to go back if you don't like it." I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EyeInTheSky, May 26, 2017.

1. Creators Update rollback possible?

I am using the upgrade assistant to download the Creators Update and have a screenshot that states "It's easy to go back if you don't like it." I currently have Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198 Windows 10 Home. I had read that Version 1703 is the more secure Windows 10 version, and was curious as to why I would be offered the option to rollback if I don't like it if 1607 is no longer considered the secure version?

In other words, it makes no sense to offer a rollback option if a previous version is considered unsecure or less secure and since a system check is initiated before your download for a compatibility check; I really don't understand the reasoning behind this one.

Microsoft is saying the 1703 version is the more secure build and if your machine can support it through the compatibility check; then why are they offering a rollback option? It is kind of like saying "If you don't like having a more secure OS, we will give you the option to be less secure again; so it is your own fault if something goes wrong."

Anyway, I thought this was a forced update to those machines that pass the compatibility check as shown in my screenshots:

Creators Update rollback possible? [​IMG]

:)

EyeInTheSky, May 26, 2017

2. Cortana search box in taskbar and search box in settings is not working well.I am unable to search.As soon as I type 1 or 2 letters it freezes.

Have you tried to rollback to the previous build from the Creators Update ?? : How to rollback & uninstall Windows 10 April 2018 Update

Gina_on_the_thread, May 26, 2017
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, May 26, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Creators Update rollback possible?

Windows 10 always gives you the option to rollback, usually within 10 days, so you can test drive the update and see if there are any older device drivers for sound, video, printer, etc that are incompatible. This would be unusual but at least the option is there.

mrgeek, May 26, 2017
  5. Forget about drivers for a moment since we are addressing replacing a whole OS. There is actually a Microsoft Digi cab file that can show/hide updates even for the newest build. I guess ultimately Microsoft played it good on this one, because if you notice, Microsoft addresses the new Build as more secure as per my screenshots.

So ultimately, regardless of drivers; why would anyone want the less secure of the two OS build environments? Remember, I made it a point to mention the compatibility check that is ran on the system before a download can proceed. Ten days on a new OS build is somewhat thin considering 180 days into a new build is usually when the problems start to develop. Rather ironic isn't it? I could have the best compatible and stable drivers for my system at the time of an in place upgrade, and the compatibility check could "O.K." it and sooner or later down the pipeline, incompatibility issues arise due to other updates that are security related and necessary for a secure OS.

I am baffled as to why anyone would want to rollback to a less secure OS, unless they want to completely keep the computer running the old build off-line. Not very realistic; but I do know people that have test computers and the only true way to test Version Builds is to run them through the paces of being hooked up to a server provider.

EyeInTheSky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Creators Update rollback possible?

1. Creators Update rollback possible? - Similar Threads - Creators Update rollback

2. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE: since my windows updated the net framework, i'm getting really high ping in Minecraft, so is it possible to revert it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-rollback-a-net-framework-update/584e7b14-58ee-4719-b785-becdbcb2b1fc
  3. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE: since my windows updated the net framework, i'm getting really high ping in Minecraft, so is it possible to revert it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-rollback-a-net-framework-update/584e7b14-58ee-4719-b785-becdbcb2b1fc
  4. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  6. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  7. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  8. creator update

creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  9. Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rollback driver using a bootable USB - is this possible?: Hello I updated a driver in Windows 10 last night and upon rebooting, my PC doesn't get past the Windows logo. Eventually a purple screen suggests something in wrong and it will "analyse". However no options work. Before I reinstall Windows, does anyone know if I...
  10. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...