Windows 10: Creators update ssd driver problem

Discus and support Creators update ssd driver problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Saiyan32, May 15, 2017.

1. Saiyan32 Win User

Creators update ssd driver problem

After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through upgrade assistant) i also liked the new features *Smile .... but almost 1 month of use after... I noticed my pny cs1311 240 GB ssd was showing performance issue..... not by that much but noticeable...but the most dangerous problem was it flickered occasionally ....
    Windows loads little slower than at anniversary update . ..apps launched slow... comparably
    then i had a doubt about it... and then benchmarked it..... noticed that write speed was 15-20 MB/s slow then at anniversary update and read speed was about 10 MB/s slow... then i understood it was the controller problem
    then i tried to uninstall the driver microsoft sata ahci controller from device manager and reboot... still the same....
    so i just had to rolll back to anniversary update (fresh install) ... i was very annoyed at this since i had to install all my big programs again..... i had to write quite unnecessarily another 100 GB into the ssd .... very annoyed at microsft....
    THEY MUST FIX THIS SATA AHCI CONTROLLER OR I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO CREATORS UPDATE ANYTIME SOON!!!!

:)

Saiyan32, May 15, 2017
  2. SeanBelew Win User

CREATORS UPDATE SSD DRIVER PROBLEM

Download and run CPU-Z. It will tell you everything you need to know about your computer, including your chipset information. CPUID

SeanBelew, May 15, 2017
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 15, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

I am now on Win 10 build 16193 and I have not experienced any issues (as you have described them) running my Samsung 840 EVO SSD. Maybe this PNY firmware update (04/24/2017) might help; however, one has to download and run the utility to see if the installed drive is eligible for the firmware update:

http://www.pny.com/support/technical...irmware-update

Please understand, I am not recommending you apply this firmware update. It is just an availability FYI.

5. Mooly Win User
    Differences of 10 to 20Mb/s read/write on an SDD should have no noticeable impact on the user experience given that you should be seeing speeds of around 300 to 400Mb/s random reads and 500 to 600 Mb/s (or more) for sequential reads with an SSD.

Perhaps a clean install rather than an in place upgrade would be better.

Mooly, May 15, 2017
  6. Saiyan32 Win User
    thanks for replying.... *Smile
    build 16193 is an windows 10 insider build that receives frequent updates.... maybe it has fixed in there...but certainly not in present in creators update.... at the moment....
    if you remember your benchmark results from previous insider build to new one..... however ...

Saiyan32, May 15, 2017
  7. Saiyan32 Win User
    thnx for your opinion *Smile
    but unfortunately 10-20 MB/s read/write difference is noticeable for random read/write and most users will get benefit from higher random read write speed at queue depth 1.... so speed difference is there.... but this can be considered margin of error for sequential speed for basic users..... (y)

sorry but..i already went through the pain installing big software .... I don't want to do fresh install.... again.. *Sad

Saiyan32, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators update ssd driver problem - Similar Threads - Creators update ssd

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  4. Chrome problems after creator update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome problems after creator update: After installing the creators fall update my chrome wouldn't work any more. I uninstalled it and it wont install either. I get unspecified error. 100058
  5. Creators Update - Account Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creators Update - Account Problem: Since Microsoft 'creators update' about a week ago I have been getting the following message pop up daily; Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account before you can use shared experiences. Select this message to open settings to fix things....
  6. Creators update problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creators update problem.: I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too has become quite slow. I need help asap. Specs: lenovo g50-80 Intel core i5 Amd r5 m330 Windows 10 home edition. 4...
  7. Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly: Hi All Tried to Play an older Direct X 9 game, Need For Speed Most Wanted earlier today, well unforuately it didn't load, and now I got other issues 1. Virtualdj fails to open with an error DirectX failed to Initilitaze, Please install Correct driver for your video...
  8. creators update :drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    creators update :drivers: does the windows 10 creators update occupy drivers so it's possible after a creators update the bsod will disappaer or is it not recommended to do a creators update on a system with bsod? 84564
  9. Creators Update caused some problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update caused some problems: Hello all, When I upgraded to the Creators Update I encountered a small problem that turned into a larger problem. The small problem was that Libre Office would not open. I tried several ways to open it but nothing worked. I reverted to the previous edition and uninstalled...
  10. Creators Update Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...