Windows 10: Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today

Discus and support Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yesterday I get notification from my Windows 10 64 bit Home, that the Creators update was getting ready for me . It gave me some selections to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dburne, May 11, 2017.

1. dburne Win User

Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today

So yesterday I get notification from my Windows 10 64 bit Home, that the Creators update was getting ready for me . It gave me some selections to choose, which I did. Then it asks if I wanted to schedule a time, which I did - 8:00 am this morning.

This morning came and went, and I do not have the update. It appears it has downloaded something, as my C drive reduced in available disc space by about 5gb.
    When I right click the windows icon on lower left, and choose the shutdown selections, I have:
    Shutdown.
    Update and Shutdown.
    Restart.
    Update and Restart.

However, choosing Update and Shutdown, or Update and Restart, just results in a simple shutdown or restart.

Am I missing something here, or is MS just going to do the update thing to this update when it is good and ready rather than when I select it to?

I don't mind being patient as I really am in no rush to get this update, but figured if it was time as MS seemed to think it was yesterday, and I had some time today I would go ahead and let it do it's thing.

Thanks for any tips,

:)

dburne, May 11, 2017

2. WMDC sync worked yesterday, but not today

Hi, I'm wondering if you managed to get your HTC to sync? If yes, how did you do it? I have a HTC-Dopod 838pro which was syncing fine with WMDC up until Feb this year. Now all I get is this ugly red cross in the WMDC screen. Tried everything - even reset
    laptop to factory original. Nothing worked.

New2mobile, May 11, 2017
  3. WMDC sync worked yesterday, but not today

I tried the office diagnostics but everything is working. I think the problem started right after Vista SP1 installed. Now what?

thanks

Smokin_Shawn, May 11, 2017
  4. dburne Win User

Ok got it figured out. Went to updates and security, and in there it showed the update was scheduled for 8:37 pm this evening - could have swore I changed it yesterday to 8:00 am this morning.
    Anyway it gave me an option from within there to go ahead and install it, so I selected that and it has installed and just finished.

dburne, May 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today - Similar Threads - Creators Update was

2. Wiindows 11 version 22H2 started installing yesterday. Today it's at 85%. Is there a way to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiindows 11 version 22H2 started installing yesterday. Today it's at 85%. Is there a way to...: I started installing Wiindows 11 version 22H2 yesterday. Today it's at 85%. Is there a way to cancel this, I really need to use my computer! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wiindows-11-version-22h2-started-installing/0245fe65-ba64-474b-8a8f-624eea919817
  3. microsoft Marjong will not ;oad today but it did yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft Marjong will not ;oad today but it did yesterday: I need help with microsoft marjong not loading today. it worked fine yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-marjong-will-not-oad-today-but-it-did/adffd1dc-7e1f-419e-9144-58cd8d9c4d57
  4. Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?: It seemed like a big update. Could only restart and update instead of shut down and update. A few display things look slightly different. But I just noticed that clicking a date on my calendar makes it go haywire and rushes backwards quickly. Is this part of the update? Or is...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today: I have the minidump files zipped how do you want me to send them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-happened-yesterday-and-today/8686d2f7-7735-4ec4-902b-9b71794f5dcd
  6. no sound worked yesterday not today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound worked yesterday not today: No sound. Worked yesterday not today. hdmi connection works for monitor not sound. TV displays as device for monitor but not audio. AMD not Intel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-worked-yesterday-not-today/07b057fb-8123-4f33-b4dd-8689e0e0c790
  7. creators update failed to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creators update failed to install: all the waiting and delaying, and just today decided to go ahead with update. now it failed to install. why didn't it go through hmm [img] 92770
  8. creator update installed

creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  9. KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today?

KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today?: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242) I have been holding back on installing this update as on looking it up there were issues with Win 7 and 8, it appears to have issues in 10 also. these two BSD are the first ever...
  10. Preparing System for Spring Creators

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing System for Spring Creators: Hi All Preparing system for the upcoming Spring Creators, right now removed with Revo uninstaller games hardly used, backed up personal files, and such, debating on leaving Avast in or using Defender on my Intel I7 Desktop. Might do a clean install of the Spring...