Windows 10: Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

Discus and support Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by skcusime, Apr 13, 2017.

1. skcusime Win User

Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook calendars, contacts etc with iCloud calendars, contacts etc.
    With Code two uninstalled, Outlook works fine, as does iCloud for windows.
    I've tried all suggested fixes on the code two website, but have had no success in getting the calendars to sync.
    Has anyone been able to get them to play together?

:)

skcusime, Apr 13, 2017
  2. JohnRedal Win User

How to synchronize Outlook 2013 and Windows Phone 8

I agree with you. Microsoft really dropped the ball here...I mean, its OWN PRODUCTS DONT SYNC TOGETHER!!!!!

I was using CodeTwo Outlook Sync to sync my email and folders together on my Desktop and Surface (which worked great)...UNTIL I realized that my WP8 and other devices etc.. were not syncing together. So I searched and found Julies Blog, and that "works"...but
    now CodeTwo will not, as it uses the assigned Data File (which is now Hotmail/Live)...since I do not want my folders to be online, I am again at a crossroad.

I am just tempted to go back to CodeTwo setup and get another Android device for my phone! Just blowing steam here...I do like WP8...but GEEZE MS, what kind of idiots are working on these devices that you say will "seamlessly" work together to "get things
    done"....yah, right....Why is this so hard!!!??

Is there any registry tweaks that cold be done to have "Hotmail/Live Data File" and force the PST to a local location? Maybe then I could trick CodeTwo to work.

Oh, and also, I am sill getting multiple/duplicate emails and calendar notifications with this setup. Is this happening to anyone else?

JohnRedal, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Scott Xe Win User
    Safari bookmarks syncd with Edge

Before upgraded to Windows 10, I used iCloud to sync my Safari bookmarks with IE. Now with Windows 10, I do not know if I need to use the same tool to sync my bookmarks with Edge that currently is not supported by iCloud.

Scott Xe, Apr 13, 2017
  4. DrVetlab Win User

I have successfully used CodeTwoSync (iCloud) for many years going all the way back to when you actually had to pay for it. When I upgraded to Outlook 2016 last year the add-in still worked but I noticed from time to time that the sync was less than instantaneous. About 2 months ago I performed a Windows 10 update and since then Outlook and CodeTwoSync do not cooperate. I only sync calendars and contacts but what I found was anytime I made a new calendar entry, edited, or moved an exitsting entry, Outlook would hang so completely I could not access any other folders or even do email. I realized later on that it wasn't freezing but rather it was taking an unreasonably long time to sync; like between 2 or 3 minutes. I tried every suggestion from the CodeTwo knowledge base (several times) to no avail. I also noticed that following the windows update the option to create sync pairs by right clicking on the outlook folders (calendar, contacts) was missing. The only way to create pairs is in the program setup. What I have resorted to doing is temporarily disabling the CodeTwoSync com add-in and enabling it a few times a day to allow it to sync with iCloud then disabling it again. If not Outlook becomes unusable. Has anyone experienced this behavior? I web search for a solution almost on a daily basis.

DrVetlab, Sep 21, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Third party tools are always an issue when Outlook does not do two way sync for the calendars with the iCloud servers.

bro67, Sep 21, 2017
  6. DrVetlab Win User
    Yeah, I got that when I figured out that disabling/enabling the add-in was a workaround that was less annoying than waiting 3 or 4 minutes for syncing to occur but it does actually communicate (eventually). So no hacks available?

DrVetlab, Sep 21, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    You could always just use the google calendar and have in it the iCloud calendar. I use Smoothsync on my android tablet and never have issues. With Outlook you have to have where the device syncs with itunes to update the calendar or you have it update through icloud and only update the phone for any upcoming appointments. There are better tools out there. See if the utility mentioned in this might work. How to Sync Google, Outlook and iPhone Calendars

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud - Similar Threads - Creators upgrade CodeTwo

2. windows icloud not syncing with outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows icloud not syncing with outlook: Windows icloud not syncing with outlook windows 11*Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icloud-not-syncing-with-outlook/c9610749-b6b9-486e-9a15-af0201790aac
  3. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  4. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  5. Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.: Hi. I've managed to add my iCloud calendar account to the Windows 10 mail/calendar app. The only problem i'm having is that when I edit/add a calendar event directly into the Windows 10 Calendar app, this new entry isn't getting reflected on my iCloud account (e.g. on my...
  6. icloud upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud upgrade: how do i upgrade icloud to Win 10 build 18363 to upload photos from phone and ipad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-upgrade/3f881ce8-b3e8-4425-9820-800a1787a9aa
  7. Syncing iCloud with Outlook and Calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing iCloud with Outlook and Calendar: Hi, I’m trying to sync iCloud with W10 but with no success, I generated the password but it still doesn’t work. I also have the iCloud app installed and functional on the pc but for some reason doesn’t sync with mail or calendar. And as I said I went on my Apple ID and...
  8. Poor folder syncing on iCloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor folder syncing on iCloud: Despite iCloud being a designated option supposedly with its own unique pre-determined settings specific for the service I cannot get my Windows 10 Mail to stop making a new "Sent Messages" folder in my IMAP. Has anyone found a back-end workaround for this? I work for an...
  9. syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac: I need to sync edited documents, photos, etc. in iCloud for Windows, the changes prepared to be transferred to my Mac. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-icloud-for-windows-to-mac/2426a94b-6048-4121-ac3e-9293887584a4"
  10. icloud not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud not syncing: my icloud is not sync with calendars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-not-syncing/fdaf4703-ffe1-4a18-bd34-7d2b0732994e