Windows 10: Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I did the early upgrade to the Creators version, V1703, OS Build 15063.13. I now cannot run my registered (paid version) of Macrium Reflect V6. I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by fireberd, Apr 6, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect

I did the early upgrade to the Creators version, V1703, OS Build 15063.13.
    I now cannot run my registered (paid version) of Macrium Reflect V6. I get a message that my license key cannot be used as its already used. However, the Macricum procedure to deactivate a key is done within Macrium Reflect program (which can't be started). I have a request into Macrium support about this, but a warning that this may be an issue with others.

Here is the message I get when I try to run Macrium Reflect.

Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Apr 6, 2017
  2. GlenBodie Win User

Win 10 upgrade help: "macrium reflect" "uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10"

Thanks. I'll try the Media Creation / Upgrade Now path ... should work.

I'd rather stay with an out of date Windows than do a Clean install ... life is too short.

Always disappointing to note that there are multiple paths to get the job done and some of them are buggy. Why not just have one and make sure it works? Or would that put too many Tech Support folks out of work? Hey - not trying to be nasty, I did software
    creation and support for OS and for Apps with a major multinational for 36 years and that's enough to expect better.

GlenBodie, Apr 6, 2017
  3. GlenBodie Win User
    Win 10 upgrade help: "macrium reflect" "uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10"

Installing a Win 10 update. Currently at 1511 build 10586.1176.

Download and install goes smoothly until it trips over an app called Macrium Reflect and it wants me to uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10.

That's well and good and makes sense BUT

I don't have that app installed, in fact I never heard of it before now.

All the PC Settings and Control Panel lists of apps don't show it and a scan of the hard drive has no hits for Macrium and only obvious other things for Reflect. I'd run an uninstall if I could find one!

I rebooted and retried but same error.

I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter and it fixed a few things but same error.

I have scanned the Help community and don't see anything about others running into this.

I have scanned the Macrium site and all it wants to do is sell me a Windows 10 version.

Help!

GlenBodie, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect

Does the app shut down when you click Next?

Asking because I upgraded to v7, and since I run several OSs on this PC, I went to install it on each of them -- and got the same message on the second install. But I just clicked Next and the install continued OK.

Also, I am running v6 on my Win10 Insider OS and it activated without any problems.

Mark Phelps, Apr 6, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    If I click on "next" I get another error message (see below).

Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Time to contact Macrium support to get them to reset the license. I've had to do this for MalwareBytes although in my case it is due to a clean install of the CrU.

Bastet, Apr 6, 2017
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Did you try completely uninstalling MR, clean the registry entries, then reinstall your MR? if it works it should let you input your license key after you reinstall. MR is installed in more than just one folder got to check all of them. I use a free program call "Everything" to check myself. Your choice of course.

OldMike65, Apr 6, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

Fixed. Macrium reset my account.

This is the response from Macrium:

fireberd, Apr 6, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    Glad to hear it. Very fast response.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators upgrade disables Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Creators upgrade disables

2. Macrium Reflect FAILED

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  3. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  4. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  7. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  8. Macrium Reflect Disaster

Macrium Reflect Disaster: W10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 480Gb SSD Macrium Reflect Free v. 6.3.1835.0, attempting to image drive C:\. After several hours, image failed to complete. System would not reboot in any way, not from CD/DVD drive, Flash drive etc., Ubuntu.. Data on C and other HD OK. Attempt to...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...