Windows 10: Creators Upgrade Gaming Mode not for Audio DAW Applications

Discus and support Creators Upgrade Gaming Mode not for Audio DAW Applications in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Gaming mode would appear to be something those of us with recording studio's would benefit from. However an in depth look at it by Cakewalk Sonar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fireberd, Apr 10, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

Creators Upgrade Gaming Mode not for Audio DAW Applications

The Gaming mode would appear to be something those of us with recording studio's would benefit from. However an in depth look at it by Cakewalk Sonar analysts suggest its not for audio recording.

Here is their "Your DAW is not a game" Conclusion:

:)

fireberd, Apr 10, 2017

2. next windows 10 update AUDIO VIDEO UPDATE

i want to see an audio video update. for example an update to windows movie maker. why not build skype into it. also why not create a microsoft daw software a digital audio workstation. name it windows daw. ied love to see windows media player
    get overhalled as well. also add an HTML EDITOR.

shawngaudier_01, Apr 10, 2017
  3. D Harvell Win User
    Problem With the Way Windows 10 Handles Audio Hardware?

Method 1 results: Troubleshooting wizard returned, "High Definition Audio Device has a driver problem." Attempted to fix the issue with the suggested fix (search for and install an updated driver). The recommended fix failed to resolve
    the issue.

Method 2 results: Uninstalled and reinstalled the PatchMix DSP application and the DAW software in compatibility mode. The issue persists, unchanged, with the same symptoms and the same level of repeatability.

Additional Information: The pattern I am finding is that once I reinstall the E-MU PatchMix DSP application, system audio is restored (as is webcam functionality). When I open my DAW, system audio stops and remains unavailable until I
    reinstall the E-MU PatchMix DSP application. Orion, my DAW, uses the E-MU ASIO driver. It is the ONLY driver available for me to use, as Windows' audio system seems to choke immediately upon opening the DAW. By using the E-MU ASIO driver, Orion bypasses
    the Windows DSP audio drivers. I'm not technically savvy enough to understand how (or if) E-MU's ASIO drivers interact with Windows' DSP drivers, but it seems as if the two drivers do not play well, together. I'm not sure if the ASIO drivers are hi-jacking
    the DSP drivers' resources, or what is going on (or what is even possible to cause such a failure). But, that is what it appears is happening - the E-MU ASIO drivers and Windows' DSP drivers don't get along. And it isn't just the E-MU ASIO driver that is
    doing this. Reports are that other recording interfaces from other manufacturers are experiencing similar issues when they fire up the ASIO drivers that came with their interfaces. Since the issue spans drivers from many different manufacturers, that tells
    me that something in Windows' DSP drivers prevents ASIO drivers to play nicely with them. That begs the question, how can we get the two to get along without Windows DSP drivers from seizing up?

Thanks, again, for your reply. If you can think of anything further, I'd be happy to give them a try!

D Harvell, Apr 10, 2017
  4. maarkr Win User

Now if Micro$oft would add an "Audio Workstation Mode" option, that would be awesome! *Cool

maarkr, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Creators Upgrade Gaming Mode not for Audio DAW Applications - Similar Threads - Creators Upgrade Gaming

2. how to fix audio dropouts in a daw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix audio dropouts in a daw: how to fix audio dropouts in a daw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-audio-dropouts-in-a-daw/60b57711-c73c-4772-bdce-7cec4e313272
  3. Windows Game Mode Audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Game Mode Audio issues: Hey guys, so there is something called windows game mode activated by Windows Key + G, in it you can see things like performance, capture, social and audio which is my problem in the audio feature you can disable or enable a game audio independence of the game settings and...
  4. Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Clicking, Popping During Playback on Audio Interface (DAW): I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here it goes! I am a professional audio engineer and I am running my DAW (Digital Audio Workstations) on Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363. 1198). I use Pro Tools and Studio One. I also use two seperate audio...
  5. Windows and DAW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows and DAW: Hello, im buying a genuine version on fl studio but i have an unofficial version of windows 10. Will i have any problems running a daw on a unnofficial version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-daw/8c554eca-d819-44bc-81b7-f7e078af40bc
  6. suggestion for game creators

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suggestion for game creators: Is it possible to create an algorithm to identify if someone finishes aMicrosoft Solitaire Collection Event in less than a reasonable time? Advertisements considered Obviously there are many complaints from people including myself, who're using this game to fill a gap in...
  7. Installing a DAW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a DAW: Hello, I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that there...
  8. Installing a DAW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a DAW: Hello, I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that there...
  9. Creator Update - Game Mode - Functionality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creator Update - Game Mode - Functionality?: How does Win10 recognize your various games to then allocate or turn off processes to give you more gaming power? I would have imaged we'd be able to select what games to add to this feature so I'm curious how Win10 itself will know what is a game versus editing software for...
  10. Beam Streaming, Game Mode, and More with Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Beam Streaming, Game Mode, and More with Windows 10 Creators Update: Update May 25th 2017: Introducing 'Mixer' - renamed Beam from Xbox One and Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums U2LGgmevcZE Last year, we set out to make Windows 10 the best version of Windows for gaming. Today, PC gaming gets even better for Windows 10 gamers...