Windows 10: Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area".

Discus and support Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upgrade to 15063.0 and everything is fine on a Toshiba Laptop that has been running Windows 10 since July, 2016 upgrade from Windows 8.1 flawlessly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cbwilsha, Apr 15, 2017.

1. cbwilsha Win User

Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area".

Upgrade to 15063.0 and everything is fine on a Toshiba Laptop that has been running Windows 10 since July, 2016 upgrade from Windows 8.1 flawlessly.

Further update to 15063.138 (KB4015583) produces BSOD'S when trying to run any one of a number of speed tests or Earthcam (Variety of live cameras around the world). Get message "Page fault in non-paged area"). Have tried install 3 times with same result. Have uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled with no help. Have uninstalled Display Adapter and reinstalled with no help. Below are the files you require from the latest event.

I could roll back again but I would like to keep the full Creator Update if possible.

:)

cbwilsha, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Error upon Full Reset...

Check your Windows version and build number using Run command "Winver"

FCU- BSOD “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” FAILED IN VOLSNAP.SYS

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-page-fault-in-non...

Upgrading to build 17025 or higher should resolve your issue.

Rohn007, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Current Windows 10 update

Did not work. I get an error at the end saying "Page Fault in a Non-Paged Area".

JosephCutolo, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

I suggest doing a roll back to see if that resolves the problem. If it does, then make sure you have a good, full image backup then apply the 138 update again. Meanwhile I'll take a look at the dump(s) you uploaded.

Edit: Still can't do anything useful with the dump as Microsoft has not uploaded the symbols for any of the 15063 builds yet.

Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    I've done the rollback several times, Rich, but I'll do it again.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 15, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Did the rollback resolve the problem?

Edit: Still can't do anything useful with the dump as Microsoft has not uploaded the symbols for any of the 15063 builds yet.

Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017
  7. cbwilsha Win User
    No. The uninstall of the update .138 returning to 15063.0 did not solve the problem. Earlier today, however, before posting here, I had rolled back to 14393.1066 which was completely troublefree and then reinstalled to 15063.0 and all seemed to be fine also. Then updated to 15063.138 and trouble was back. Just now back to 15063.0 from .138 and problem remains.

I will now go back to 14393.1066 again and update to 15063.0 and use winshowhide to prevent update to 15063.138 unless you have any further advice. This, of course, will require several hours.

Thank you very much for your help, Rich.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 15, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Probably the best thing to do for now, until Microsoft releases the symbol files for this build.

Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    Thanks again for your valued help.

cbwilsha, Apr 15, 2017
  10. cbwilsha Win User
    Rolled back to 14393.1066 and reinstalled 15063.0 and all is well. I'm using wushowhide to prevent further update to 15063.138.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 15, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Finally got windbg working. Looks like it was a corrupted symbol file cache folder on my hard drive that was causing most of the problems. Wiped and reinstalled all of it and now when I look at the dump you uploaded, I see a problem with bcmwl63a.sys
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffff9a00006f56d8, 0, fffff80318ef03d3, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys Could not read faulting driver name *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] Driver Description: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver

What you have is: 8/27/2015 6:01:04 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys. See if you can find a newer driver for your wireless. Also would be a good idea to test your RAM. You have 8GB so an overnight run ould be the best bet of getting a full 8 passes which is the minimum needed.
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area". [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area". [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Upgrade--multiple BSOD'S "Page Fault in non-paged area". - Similar Threads - Creators Upgrade multiple

2. BSOD page fault in non paged area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD page fault in non paged area: Hello, i recently bought an HP Victus laptop, and since the day i bought it sporadically crashes giving the page fault in non paged area, with the file win32kfull.sys, I tried all sorts of solutions, but it keeps BSODing. Here's the dump files if someone wants to analyze...
  3. The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 on a new PC. As soon as I install the LAN or connect an ethernet cable and connect to the internet, I get a BSOD with the fault: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I have tried pretty much everything to get it up and running...
  4. The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD

The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 on a new PC. As soon as I install the LAN or connect an ethernet cable and connect to the internet, I get a BSOD with the fault: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I have tried pretty much everything to get it up and running...
  5. The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. [BSOD] Page fault in non-paged area

[BSOD] Page fault in non-paged area: This BSOD began randomly and has happened at least 3-4 times in the past 3 weeks. I recently noticed "win32kfull.sys failed" which I didn't see the last few times my system has crashed may have missed them. These BSOD's also usually happen when I'm playing Minecraft. Link to...
  7. [BSOD] Page fault in non-paged area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] Page fault in non-paged area: This BSOD began randomly and has happened at least 3-4 times in the past 3 weeks. I recently noticed "win32kfull.sys failed" which I didn't see the last few times my system has crashed may have missed them. These BSOD's also usually happen when I'm playing Minecraft. Link to...
  8. BSOD - Page fault in non paged area

BSOD - Page fault in non paged area: My BSODs seemed to start when there was a failed Windows 1909 update install. They seem to happen when the PC is cold booted. Attached are the winver and logfile from the V2 log tool. [img] ABSOLUTION-(2020-08-17_16-19-47).zip 162717
  9. BSOD Page fault in non paged area

BSOD Page fault in non paged area: Help! No matter what I am doing on my laptop I will get the BSOD at least once a day. I have reset my laptop to factory settings multiple times and have deleted a lot of files but no matter what I still get the screen with the message PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I have...
  10. BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA

BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA: Hi folks, I seem to be having some issues with a blue screen of death.. Page fault in non paged area. ( this is being reported at the blue screeen -- nvlddmkm.sys) My C: drive recently died so i replaced with a Sandisk Ultra 3D 1TB, so the system has a fresh...