Windows 10: Creators upgrade search freeze and not working

Discus and support Creators upgrade search freeze and not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Search freeze when I insert the first character also it does not shows new installed programs, anyone knows a working solution? Another viable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roy111, Apr 21, 2017.

1. roy111 Win User

Creators upgrade search freeze and not working

Search freeze when I insert the first character
    also it does not shows new installed programs,
    anyone knows a working solution?

Another viable option I'm finding appealing
    is to upgrade to windows 8.1 but my
    brand new asus only lists win 10 drivers
    on the support site, will those drivers work
    in windows 8.1? anyone tried to install 8.1
    using win 10 drivers?

Many thanks for any help!

:)

roy111, Apr 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

Have Windows 10 on my pc, trying to upgrade to creators upgrade using the upgrade assistant, at aprox. 72%, restart freezes and screen black, HD light not flashing. Left it overnight but nothing changed.

Had to restore to my working version.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Motimn

מוטימן, Apr 21, 2017
  3. lsnarskis Win User
    Internet explorer 11 "stops working" with Windows 10

My pc just updated the new windows creator edition VER 1703

And IE 11 freezes

I just tried newegg site and cannot do anything just trying to search for something and the site freezes and have to recover page every time I touch the scroll bar it freezes

lsnarskis, Apr 21, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

For anyone that may have a similar issue:

For the new asus, born with windows 10,
    i recreated an usb install media and for now
    search seems to work properly.

For an older system I reverted back to 8.1.

roy111, Apr 22, 2017
  5. roy111 Win User
    Since I see so many people with my very same search
    problem here's a brief follow up:

windows 10 search still broken at the end, it does
    not find installed third parts application and only
    keeps suggesting app store results ...
    cannot understand why...

Windows 8.1: after three days of "Checking for updates..."
    green bar hell I decided to throw in the towel and
    install Ubuntu, in 20 min I had a working
    and fully patched OS and my blood pressure has already
    dropped and I fell relaxed

roy111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators upgrade search freeze and not working - Similar Threads - Creators upgrade search

2. Search tool bar not working and system freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Search tool bar not working and system freezing: Seems the last windows 10 update my search toolbar stopped working, today the system just froze up the disk light didn't even bink had to reboot even my webcam wouldn't come on. Today had to hard boot the computer 6 six times. Now I run estet internet security and...
  3. Upgrade from preview to Creators Editon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from preview to Creators Editon: I have been chatting with support, and they suggested that I post here. I have a cse # 147029234 Completely stumped. Can't seem to keep files during update...
  4. How To Stop The Fall Creators Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop The Fall Creators Upgrade: I tried to use the method I used to stop 14393.1715 from upgrading to The CU but with 15063,632 that method stops all updates. Does anyone know of a workable one as 16299 will not work properly on my PC. 94817
  5. Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud: My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook calendars, contacts etc with iCloud calendars, contacts etc. With Code two uninstalled, Outlook works fine, as does iCloud for...
  6. After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working: Yesterday, I upgrade windows to fall creator and now my HP 1020 Plus printer (2017 Mfg) is not working. I ran the MS troubleshooter but it did not find any problem. 97000
  7. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....
  8. Many Creators Upgrade Problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Creators Upgrade Problems?: There are a plethora of problems reported across the forum following people 'upgrading' to the Creators version. It seems there are more problems than usual.I'm deferring my upgrade as usual to avoid being a guinea pig. 81732
  9. Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade: Disk cleanup did remove \Windows Old, but there is another folder. Running Pro and the folder is C:\windows10upgrade Does anyone else have this and what to do with it ? Only has 19 mb in it. Tnx 86200
  10. File search freezes "Working on it."

in Windows 10 Support
    File search freezes "Working on it.": When I try to open my download files it says "working on it," but never stops. I can left or right click and it does the same thing. Similarly, when I right click on any files it says the same thing. Windows 10 16753