Windows 10: Credential manager and mail app problem

Discus and support Credential manager and mail app problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently reinstalled windows 10 (before that on a laptop was preinstalled version of Windows 10) with a clean install but after that, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michał Tomaszewski_1000, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Credential manager and mail app problem

Hi,

I recently reinstalled windows 10 (before that on a laptop was preinstalled version of Windows 10) with a clean install but after that, I'm getting an error nr 0x80070425 when I'm trying to open credentials manager in control panel. In services, the credentials manager was shut down. I have tried to start it in services window, but I can't do that because of an error "nr 6801". Change running type to automatic didn't fix it. Anyway, in a mail app, when I'm trying to add google account it shows me error nr 0x80004005.

I'd like to mention, that before I installed fresh windows updates credential manager was marked as running in services window (but the credentials manager in control panel and mail app won't worked). Now the last update (KB4343902 - adobe flash security) crushes down every time I'm trying it to install.

BTW:
    sfc /scannow shows no errors

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\ did not fix anything

Edge stored passwords are blank
    Errors repeats after running a clean start and safe nide

Before reinstall of windows webmail worked well (but windows updates was broken).

:)

Michał Tomaszewski_1000, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 16, 2018
  3. graedad Win User
    cant access credential manager

After recently downloading W10 I Have noticed that the mail app wouldnt syncrinize . I have traced the problem back to the credential manager which wont start and cant be accessed. I have since tried some suggestions to fix it without success.

graedad, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Credential manager and mail app problem

Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Credential manager and mail app problem

1. Credential manager and mail app problem - Similar Threads - Credential manager mail

2. Problems with Powershell Scripts and Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Powershell Scripts and Credential Manager: Hi All,I have been trying to create either a script for entering credentials into Windows Credential Manager via Intune. Credentials are for a mapped drive connection to a non-windows server. Have not been able to make it work yet. I have tried many permutations of scripts,...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. Web credentials in Credential manager

Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  5. credential manager

credential manager: credential manager until this new computer would allow me to see the password when clicked on it, only had to enter my pin, this new windows computer will not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/74453cdb-2c44-4a93-81f3-540f96a43082
  6. Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential Manager: Hello, I am following the steps to access Credential Manager with no issue. However, once I get to the manager, all I have is Edit and Delete, there is no Show for passwords. When I click on the link for the password I need the password is all dots and there is no way to...
  7. Credential manager - Web Credentials

Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  8. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: When I open Credential manager and try to see a password, I enter my pin, explorer crashes then restarts. No matter how I try to get at it, it crashes. Any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/e0c531b2-a211-4fdf-889e-16c4ede1abb0"
  9. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/04e957fa-0d01-49e7-80f3-cb74e847e2f8
  10. credential manager

credential manager: How to make disabled credential manager for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/credential-manager/29cdbb69-c570-4279-b752-109cf15bf8ee"