Windows 10: credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it

Discus and support credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; credential manager asks for password on windows 10 where can I get it if forgot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOHNEADIE1, Aug 17, 2018.

1. credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it

credential manager asks for password on windows 10 where can I get it if forgot

:)

JOHNEADIE1, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

How do I access my password list - when I am running my PC without any Windows login or password ?

I have built my laptop using Windows 10 / 64 - without the need/requirement for any login or password

In order to see a Web Credentials password, you are required to enter a Windows credentials password - which I do not have (because I have built the PC without the requirement for such a login) .....(although I have tried my Hotmail login - which gives me
    access to email but fails to give me access to Web credentials)

What can I do to view my password list ?

And Eashwar Kumar - rather weirdly (for an IT pro) asked me the following - yesterday

1. I am referring to the passwords held in the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (in the control panel)

2. I am referring to ALL of my passwords

3. The Credential Manager is independent of browser !

[Merged]

Steeboo, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Steeboo Win User

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, Aug 17, 2018
  4. credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

• What are you referring to? When you say “using no user account and therefore no password ?”
    You can use Credential Manager to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network.

To access Windows Credentials follow:

Control Panel >
    All Control Panel Items
    > Credential Manager.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it

1. credential manager asks for password on my windows10 where do i get it - Similar Threads - credential manager asks

2. How do I update password in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update password in credential manager?: I recently deleted website/password from credential manager. When attempting to login to same website with new password, it autofills old password at end of new and i can't login...
  3. How do I update password in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update password in credential manager?: I recently deleted website/password from credential manager. When attempting to login to same website with new password, it autofills old password at end of new and i can't login...
  4. Windows10 home unable to see passwords in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 home unable to see passwords in Credential manager: In credentials there is no 'show' option to see passwords; I have tried several things but still unable to get to see passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-home-unable-to-see-passwords-in/13a2f133-0e79-4a6c-8c47-fb85792b9a8f
  5. Windows10 home unable to see passwords in Credential manager

Windows10 home unable to see passwords in Credential manager: In credentials there is no 'show' option to see passwords; I have tried several things but still unable to get to see passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-home-unable-to-see-passwords-in/13a2f133-0e79-4a6c-8c47-fb85792b9a8f
  6. Windows10 home unable to see passwords in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  8. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  9. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562