Windows 10: Credential Manger does not show any of my passwords, want to fix

Discus and support Credential Manger does not show any of my passwords, want to fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have searched the site and other places to discover how to fix Credential Manger so it shows password and how to remove the passwords that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NGT, Jul 18, 2018.

1. NGT
    NGT Win User

Credential Manger does not show any of my passwords, want to fix

Hi, I have searched the site and other places to discover how to fix Credential Manger so it shows password and how to remove the passwords that are tied to websites. I am using IE 11 for web browser. On this site I did some searching but didn't find much help. I did look to see if the Device Guard Security Service was running in System Summary, msinfo32. It is not. I was going to enable it but the Tutorial I found was related to windows 10 enterprise, so I did not try it. I am an old DOS computer person so I have been around for a while.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Win 10 password

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Save the password in Credential Manager and check. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Credential Manager" and select "Windows Credentials".
    • Go down to "Generic Credentials" and select "MicrosoftAccount:user=<user_name>" (where <user_name> should be your user name).
    • Click "Edit" and Change the password and press "Save".
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Jessen P, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Credential Manger does not show any of my passwords, want to fix

When, oh when, will Microsoft correct the credentials manager error?

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As a workaround I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it
    helps.

• Open the Edge browse

• Click on (…) More actions in the upper right corner of the browse

• Click on "Settings

• scroll to the bottom to "Advanced Settings”

• click on "View advanced settings"

• scroll down to "Privacy and services"

• click on "Manage my saved passwords"

This shows the websites you have saved passwords for. They are listed in random order if you click on an entry it will display:

• The URL

• The Username
    Select one of the entries and change one of the passwords, click on Save to Credential Manager and see all of your saved "Web Credentials”.

Also clear the Edge and Internet Explorer data caches (but not the password cache) and

Re-boot your PC before performing this fix.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Credential Manger does not show any of my passwords, want to fix

1. Credential Manger does not show any of my passwords, want to fix - Similar Threads - Credential Manger does

2. Microsoft Credentials Does not show the credential password. How do I find My Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Credentials Does not show the credential password. How do I find My Password: My Microsoft Account Credentials does not show The Password. That is what I need most.Where can I find it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-credentials-does-not-show-the-credential/cd6ecfa7-a687-442e-aa5c-1224966403d1
  3. Microsoft Credentials Does not show the credential password. How do I find My Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Credentials Does not show the credential password. How do I find My Password: My Microsoft Account Credentials does not show The Password. That is what I need most.Where can I find it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-credentials-does-not-show-the-credential/cd6ecfa7-a687-442e-aa5c-1224966403d1
  4. Computer Does Not Retain Any Passwords, Showing "Keyset does not exist" error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Does Not Retain Any Passwords, Showing "Keyset does not exist" error message: First the specifics: I am running Windows 10 Home on a 64 bit Desktop computer. I have Office 365. Last year, my daughter used this computer to do some school work, in which they used Office 365 Online. I am not sure what she did, but when we opened up programs like...
  5. Windows 10 File Manger not showing my drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Manger not showing my drives: When I open file manager, it just says working on it. it does not show any of m drives. I know my drives are working as it I go to the bar at the top and type a drive letter for example "e:" it'll take me to the drive and I can browse it normally, however most of the icons...
  6. Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords: I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro to version 2004 several weeks ago. Starting last week I noticed that credential manager has stopped remembering ALL passwords, including those not associated with Microsoft. I read several threads about this issue, but was unable to find a...
  7. Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password

Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password: This problem began after my updated to Windows 10 2004 on July 23. My desktop computer is the only one on the network currently having this problem. It has ethernet connection to our Network. We have a NAS with several virtual drives on it that are password protected....
  8. Windows security network credentials does not recognize password

Windows security network credentials does not recognize password: This problem began right after my most recent Windows 10 update earlier this week. Until then I did not have a problem. We have a small home office. Our LAN has 4 desktops with ethernet connections, 2 laptops that connect wirelessly, and a NAS server with ethernet...
  9. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562
  10. File Manger does not show a device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Manger does not show a device.: Win 10. My second internal hard drive (D:) shows in BIOS, Device Manager and Disk Management but not in File Explorer - how l can I add it to copy filesto it.?...