Windows 10: Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown

Discus and support Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting a trio of critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown: - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Oct 11, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown

I'm getting a trio of critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown:

- "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

- "Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4."

- "The previous system shutdown was unexpected."

The PC starts up fine and seems to shut down very fast - within 10-12 seconds, and there seems to be no issues with startup or shutdown. But when I stumbled onto these critical messages in event viewer I got concerned. What could be triggering this? How do I troubleshoot this? They are logged in event viewer after each shutdown/reboot.

:)

rivre, Oct 11, 2016
  2. TylerD_M Win User

Computer Crash Help?

My Computer just crashed again at 11:22 pm PST. My event viewer really didn't show any errors other than the critical computer shutdown. It had one 5 seconds after from the event log and it said "Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0"

There were some errors that happened at 10:30 pm PST but other than that my computer just crashed almost randomly.

Thanks,

Tyler

TylerD_M, Oct 11, 2016
  3. event id: 1073 - windows 10 was prevented by an App to restart

Hi, each time I must force to restart/shutdown my PC.

An app is preventing it to restart/shutdown.

Event viewer gives me this - event id: 1073.

BravoCharlie789, Oct 11, 2016
  4. GregH Win User

Try turning Fast Start Up off in the Power Options Menu. Finding the option is a bit obscure. There are some known issues with this. It is on by default in Windows 10 and will trigger shut down errors.

GregH, Oct 11, 2016
  5. rivre Win User
    Thanks. I was unfamiliar with Fast Startup. I just disabled it and I'll see how it goes.

rivre, Oct 11, 2016
  6. Did that work? I have this problem.

sidekickkdx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown - Similar Threads - Critical error messages

2. ESENT errors on event viewer before a critical shutdown and Out of Memory exceptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESENT errors on event viewer before a critical shutdown and Out of Memory exceptions: Hi all,Machine details: Windows 10Antivirus: McAfee solidcoreRAM: 4GBAttached is the event viewer logs of application which on 30th May we have 30th May 2022 shows a ton of ESENT errors event ID 454, 482, 419.454: svchost 3744,R,98 SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed...
  3. ESENT errors on event viewer before a critical shutdown and Out of Memory exceptions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESENT errors on event viewer before a critical shutdown and Out of Memory exceptions: Hi all,Machine details: Windows 10Antivirus: McAfee solidcoreRAM: 4GBAttached is the event viewer logs of application which on 30th May we have 30th May 2022 shows a ton of ESENT errors event ID 454, 482, 419.454: svchost 3744,R,98 SRUJet: Database recovery/restore failed...
  4. ESENT errors on event viewer before a critical shutdown and Out of Memory exceptions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. False Critical Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False Critical Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I just bought a new PC and, after a week, I noticed theres like 8 Critical Kernel Error 41 in Event Viewer, but I never had freeze/crash problems or shutted down my pc with the power button, nor power problems. Pratically, my pc works perfectly, just have that critical...
  6. False Critical Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False Critical Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I just bought a new PC and, after a week, I noticed theres like 8 Critical Kernel Error 41 in Event Viewer, but I never had freeze/crash problems or shutted down my pc with the power button, nor power problems. Pratically, my pc works perfectly, just have that critical...
  7. False Critical Error in Event Viewer

8. Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer

Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer: Critical, Error and Warning events from all administrative logs on my dell 5566 2004. The windows 10 updates have destroyed my OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-and-warning-events-in-event-viewer/a1571c93-ae91-4199-8799-93ad26951194
  9. Event viewer error message

Event viewer error message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000006000, 0xffff800fdf8c68e0, 0xffffffffc0000225, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: aa93d767-cdf9-4308-8724-20e4c099006c. Help, my computer has been...
  10. Windows Event Viewer (Critical Errors)

Windows Event Viewer (Critical Errors): I really don't know what the problem is, mu computer is bombarded with critical errors. I see plenty of question asked but no answers from Microsoft. While my computer seems to run right, I think and I do not see any visible problems. there is the event viewer showing at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer critical error

2. windows shutdown critical event viewer