Windows 10: Critical network problem, no connections are available

Discus and support Critical network problem, no connections are available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After 8 hours of troubleshooting and searching, i am not any closer to fixing this. the wlan driver on my Dell xps 15 l501x has disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NitohS, Aug 21, 2018.

1. NitohS Win User

Critical network problem, no connections are available

Critical network problem, no connections are available 93bef3e6-f7f4-4595-936b-e3f91d1d2987?upload=true.png

After 8 hours of troubleshooting and searching, i am not any closer to fixing this. the wlan driver on my Dell xps 15 l501x has disappeared after waking it from sleep today, after years of it working just fine.i have made no changes, no updates, installed any program, or dismantled the laptop, it occured on its own.

the ethernet connections are there, but no wlan. on the device manager, there is only the list of WAN miniports and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller, which doesnt work even after removing and installing.

the network card inside the computer is Intel centrino wireless-n 1000 rev a00.

things i have tried:

network troubleshooter, only indicates problems with ethernet

rollback driver. no option with the realtek driver

update driver, no internet to update with

reinstall intel centrino wireless driver. setup errors "cannot install on this device"

reinstalling realtek driver. does not work after restarting. also seems to eternally reinstall itself after removing it from device manager

turned off firewall

used network reset

checked network card. oddly, it was not properly installed even after using it for many years (wires are now attached correctly)

Critical network problem, no connections are available f9cce4bb-7f55-415f-a4ee-b79fc414e8e2?upload=true.jpg

tried using other drivers associated with the model of computer

starting in safe mode

system restore. did not fix the problem despite restoring to a point 2 weeks before this problem occurred

:)

NitohS, Aug 21, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Critical network problem, no connections are available

Network Connection Problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the adapter.

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter/Ethernet” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network/Ethernet adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

Note: A lot of variables are involved when you connect to a network: cables, network adapters, drivers, and routers. So troubleshooting network connection problems can be challenging.
    This article will help you find and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

You may also refer to the article:

Wired and wireless network problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Hope the information provided helps. For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Nachappa C K, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Critical network problem, no connections are available

1. Critical network problem, no connections are available - Similar Threads - Critical network problem

2. No network connections available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No network connections available: No network connections available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-connections-available/c367437d-145a-477a-891a-616672f28c32
  3. No network connections available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No network connections available: No network connections available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-connections-available/c367437d-145a-477a-891a-616672f28c32
  4. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  5. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list: My laptop can't see my office WIFI. The WIFI connects easily to my phone and all my co-workers' laptops. It saw the network and connected previously, but it no longer connects or comes up on the list of available networks other networks still show up on the list, and my phone...
  6. Available WIFI connection not showing on the available network's list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network Connected to Internet, but not show in Available Network

Network Connected to Internet, but not show in Available Network: I am using Windows Enterprise LTSC 2019.After I upgrade my network to 10Gbe Network, I find that there is no Wired Interface showing in the Available Networks section. As some programs related to the Available Networks, I cannot do any config for my new 10Gbe Adapter.In the...
  8. No available wifi network connections - intermittent windows 10 problem

No available wifi network connections - intermittent windows 10 problem: I find that I am not always presented with a list of available wifi connections to connect to. This problem is temporarily cured by rebooting the machine. Best regards, Nick...
  9. Critical Network Problem

Critical Network Problem: Hi, So I recently updated my Windows 10 1909 to 2004 and I'm facing this strange issue with my WiFi and Ethernet. Since I updated my Windows, I noticed that I was able to access the internet pretty fine but the Network or WiFi icon at the right bottom corner indicates "No...
  10. Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared

Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared: After numerous searches on here and the internet I have not found a resolution that covers all that is going on with my computer. It seemed to have intermittent issues with wireless networks not showing up on occasion then following an update I lost the network icon in the...