Windows 10: Critical process died & boot device not found

Discus and support Critical process died & boot device not found in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brittany VS, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Critical process died & boot device not found

Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that says Boot device not found. I have run systems checks and there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I have cleared the hard drive and reinstalled windows in case there was a corrupt file this was two days ago. I installed the latest windows update. The laptop then worked for about 2 days and then when I started it

:)

Brittany VS, Dec 5, 2023

2. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 5, 2023
  3. singh Win User
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical process died & boot device not found 86778d1485968481t-critical-process-died-windows-10-setup-event-viewer.jpg

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Critical process died & boot device not found

Windows 10 stopped booting (critical process died)

Well critical process died is because a process that Windows uses is killed. I suggest this is caused by a startup program interfering. To fix that, boot your computer to safe mode. Go to Task Manager and then go up to the startup tab. Disable all of the startup programs and see if that solves the problem.

EthanLamNT, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Critical process died & boot device not found

1. Critical process died & boot device not found - Similar Threads - Critical process died

2. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...
  3. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found: I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the...
  4. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found: I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the...
  5. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  7. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT: So I got this error yesterday and Ive tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. I don't know what to do and saying all the things I tried would make this thread endless. I'm using a desktop and I have no access to the hone screen and I cannot boot into safe mode...
  8. Unable to boot - "critical process died"

Unable to boot - "critical process died": Yesterday i had a BSOD with a driver problem. It would get to the desktop and each time give a "exception not handled" BSOD a few seconds after getting to desktop. I was able to boot into safe mode fine though, so uninstalled my graphics drivers. The problem still carried on,...
  9. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef
  10. "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found": After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my Sony VAIO desktop computer cannot find the operating system. The restart said it "critical process died" then it went again to a message "Operating System not found". What now?...