Windows 10: Critical Process Died BSOD

Discus and support Critical Process Died BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; That folder didn't seem to be there - I created it now. I'm guessing we will have to wait for another BSOD for the files to be put in there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BLToaster, Jul 31, 2015.

1. bufce2010 Win User

Critical Process Died BSOD

try to motivate your windows xD
    there must be a specific thing you do that brings it up *Biggrin

bufce2010, Aug 9, 2015
  2. BLToaster Win User

I have no clue man...just played Dota and it crashed very frequently all with the same "Critical process died" BSOD error. I was thinking it could be a faulty GPU but occassionally when I play remember me it runs perfectly fine with no crashes. It's not overheating or anything.

Even after those crashes there is still nothing in the Minidump folder...

BLToaster, Aug 9, 2015
  3. bufce2010 Win User
    try those solutions:
    1-in the windows search box, type this: *.dmp
    to see if your system saves dump files in a different folder for 32bit applications.

2- Go to registry by typing this command in Run: regedit , click enter
    then follow those steps from Microsoft: Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)
    you should reboot after the second solution.

Edit:
    In the second method, under the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting, you will find an entry named: Disabled, double click it and set it's value to: 0 (if it's not already set)

bufce2010, Aug 9, 2015
  4. BLToaster Win User

I will do this tonight. But just an update I went ahead and did another clean install just for the hell of it. I haven't installed or updated anything outside of the first batch of windows updates and it still happened.

I wasn't doing anything intensive on the system, just browsing the internet when it happened. This is leading me to believe it is a hardware issue...not sure if you agree?

I will try your suggestions tonight though thanks.

BLToaster, Aug 10, 2015
  5. BLToaster Win User
    I also attempted to do the link you posted from MS but that registry folder "LocalDumps" is not there: https://i.imgur.com/UwSYydl.png

BLToaster, Aug 10, 2015
  6. bufce2010 Win User
    I'll attach my whole registry key when I get back home after 4 hours from now.

Two days a go, I've made a clean installation of windows on a brand new hard disk, and I didn't get the BSOD since that.
    Borrowed Windows 10 Enterprise x64 from a trusted friend.

Edit:
    Attached all of my registry keys and values for Windows Error Reporting.
    feel free to scan and/or edit them for checking.

bufce2010, Aug 10, 2015
  7. BLToaster Win User
    Can you let me know how I should utilize these? As the localdumps folder is not present I'm not sure if I should just copy them in somewhere or what? Not too keen on messing with the registry unfortunately.

BLToaster, Aug 11, 2015
  8. bufce2010 Win User

you just extract files to a folder, then double click each of the reg files and confirm dialogs for adding reg values to the registry

bufce2010, Aug 11, 2015
  9. BLToaster Win User
    Got it - I went through them all and all but 3 were added successfully. The ones that didn't work were:

HKLM5 (https://i.imgur.com/7QlULO2.png)
    HKu3 (https://i.imgur.com/fArWUHQ.png)
    windowsdefender (same as HKLM5)

Still no "Localdumps" folder. Imgur

BLToaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Critical Process Died BSOD - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died

BSOD Critical Process Died: My PC BSOD'ed 5 times in a row now, here's a link to the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFFvdJOMwSV0mzAdR1EmCi8nWBR?e=ynEBa6 Can I get a help on what's going on? I just had an update last night btw, so I'm not sure if that's somehow related. Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....