Windows 10: Critical Process Died on my new build PC

Discus and support Critical Process Died on my new build PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, last week I built my new pc, I installed Windows 10 on an Adata ssd and all worked for a few days (I updated OS and drivers, of course). Two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grianne, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Grianne Win User

Critical Process Died on my new build PC

Hi guys, last week I built my new pc, I installed Windows 10 on an Adata ssd and all worked for a few days (I updated OS and drivers, of course). Two days ago I mounted another hdd, I installed all softwares I need, I worked for hours, then my pc started crashing for a "critical process died" error.
    What I have done to solve it:
    1) sfc /scannow: cannot work because pc crashed
    2) chkdsk (and other tool like crystal disk info): hdd and ssd are okay
    3) memory test: no problem
    4) clean install: i formatted my c drive and reinstall OS twice!

Nothing seems to work (I tried also DISM command) and I cannot use Windows Update. How can I fix? Help me, please *Sad

My build:
    Ryzen 1700x
    Asrock AB350 Pro4
    GTX 1050 ti
    Ram Corsair 3200 C16 Vengeance (2x8)
    SSD Adata PCI-E
    PSU Corsair 650 W
    Cooler Scythe Mugen 5
    HDD Toshiba

:)

Grianne, Feb 24, 2018

2. Errors

how do i stop my Pc from saying Critical Process Died

Phsycrestheconquerer, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Acrypto Win User
    Windows 10 Keeps Crashing

My Windows Build Is windows 10 build 1709, It's Dell optiplex 3020, It says critical process died, I have Tried windows defender not showing me any threats while malwarebytes and avast show me a trojan

Acrypto, Feb 24, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Grianne Win User
    CHKDSKResults.txt file created on my desktop is empty, i can upload a screenshot of event viewer but it's in italian :\

Done. There's a newer version but i followed your advice.

I used Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, now i'm gonna use Memtest86

Grianne, Feb 26, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Yes, there's a newer version of your BIOS, according to ASRock it's recommended to first install 3.40 before installing the newer versions.

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode if I see it correctly, meaning it would've only fixed very few things, anything that could indicate serious filesystem corruption can't be fixed in scan mode.
    Please run chkdsk in admin command prompt using the command below
    Code: chkdsk /r[/quote] Press Y when asked to schedule on boot and reboot the system.

7. Grianne Win User
    Ok, I ran that command, I rebooted but after the scan (100%) and the login, same problem: critical process died. I tried to reboot in safe mode but I can’t, everytime it starts scanning again...

Grianne, Feb 26, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

Is the crash recurring when the HDD is not connected?

9. Grianne Win User
    I disconnected th HDD and when I reboot it says "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I checked bios and ssd is the first boot option

This morning I tested memory with mem86 and everything seems to work

Grianne, Feb 26, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
    If you can boot into the recovery options or can open an admin command prompt / admin powershell, please run the below commands.

If you need recovery media, I would recommend Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Please run the following commands
    Code: diskpart list volume list disk select disk 0 list partition[/quote] Perform the last 2 commands for every disk listed and change the number, see below screenshot for what I mean.

Critical Process Died on my new build PC [​IMG]

11. Grianne Win User
    So, can I connect HDD again before running those commands?

Grianne, Feb 26, 2018
  12. Grianne Win User
    Ok, I connected HDD and I ran commands.

Critical Process Died on my new build PC [​IMG]

Grianne, Feb 26, 2018
  13. axe0 New Member

Sistema = system?
    Avvio = ?

14. Grianne Win User
    Sistema: system
    Avvio: boot

Grianne, Feb 26, 2018
  15. axe0 New Member
    Volume 0 should not be a system partition and is a reason why you're having issues.
    When your system boots, Windows looks for a system partition. The system partition has a flag 'Active' meaning it is bootable and contains code that is being read and loaded into memory at boot, this code is the bootmgr. When this code is loaded into memory control is transferred to this partition and it will let bootmgr do its work.
    Your boot files are on the SSD so the boot process can't continue.

The SSD contains the boot files, the HDD contains the identification that tells Windows to choose the HDD for booting.

To fix the boot issue with the HDD disconnected, the boot flag and the code needs to be removed and written to the SSD.
    The easiest way to remove the boot flag and code is to wipe the HDD completely and use Macrium Reflect in the recovery media to fix boot issues.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Use Macrium Reflect Rescue Media to Fix Windows Boot Issues Windows 10 Tutorials

Thema:

1. Critical Process Died on my new build PC - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. Critical process died, pc will not display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died, pc will not display: I was running an application and i got the “Critical Process Died” screen and my computer shut off, ive replaced every piece of hardware except the gpu and my ssd and hard drive, before i replaced anything it would turn on but no signal, same after. Ive tried a different...
  3. Critical process died, pc will not display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died, pc will not display: I was running an application and i got the “Critical Process Died” screen and my computer shut off, ive replaced every piece of hardware except the gpu and my ssd and hard drive, before i replaced anything it would turn on but no signal, same after. Ive tried a different...
  4. Critical process died, pc will not display

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  6. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  7. Critical process died

Critical process died: Showing blue screen error in which critical process died also windows 10 not startup or boot showing again and again blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/1c0f81cd-d8d9-4558-9e22-a8abdda06e8b
  8. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: Link to my minidumps folder According to WhoCrashed this happened: On Sat 9/26/2020 3:27:15 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092620-13687-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe...
  9. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died: On 06-02-2020 yesterday i cleaned my files and windows moved everything to One Drive. This morning I noticed all of my icons on my desktop had changed to the Internet Explorer icon. I followed numerous steps to resolve my issue and none worked. One of the steps had me...
  10. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef