Windows 10: Critical Process Died

Discus and support Critical Process Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently did a clean install of 10130 due to the 10240 build not working properly. Everything is running fine again but I am getting frequent BSODs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BLToaster, Jul 25, 2015.

1. BLToaster Win User

Critical Process Died

I recently did a clean install of 10130 due to the 10240 build not working properly. Everything is running fine again but I am getting frequent BSODs with the "Critical Process Died" label. Does anyone know a method to find what the root cause of this is? It is becoming frustrating as I have no idea when it will occur and can interrupt me unexpectedly.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

BLToaster, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 25, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    trbogt, Jul 25, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Critical Process Died

Event Viewer, maybe?

Your experience is unusual, I imagine. 10130 was highly crash prone for me. 10240 is nearly perfect. Some writers (professionals, but not MS employees) have gone so far as to claim that 10240 is the release version.

I'm not running an AMD graphics card, but I have the impression that Win 10 drivers for them have been an issue. (That's not to demean AMD. I've used their cards over the years, beginning when ATI was a separate company.) I suggest finding threads here that discuss that.

bobkn, Jul 25, 2015
  5. richc46 Win User
    Since your post was transferred to this Section, you probably did not notice the posting instructions. With this information our experts can more easily determine the cause of your problem
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

richc46, Jul 26, 2015
  6. BLToaster Win User
    AMD recently updated their driver for Win10 and now actually have a specific download designated for it. Of course it could still be messed but I hope it isn't the main cause as this has not always been the case with the previous builds. Once the full release comes around and MS makes the 10240 .ISO available for download I may do another clean install.

Here is the event viewer - perhaps you can instruct me what exactly I should be looking for? https://i.imgur.com/FCC11qY.png

Thanks for this - I've updated it!

BLToaster, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Jul 27, 2015
  8. BLToaster Win User

Critical Process Died

I've changed my settings so that it automatically does the Minidumps - is that the best method as opposed to what it was already set to with Automatic memory dump?

So because I didn't have this set up there's not much to do until another BSOD with a minidump now?

BLToaster, Jul 27, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Minidumps will be collected by the DM Log Collector, others are too large.

Yeah unfortunately you'll have to wait for another BSOD to grab the dump.

Boozad, Jul 27, 2015
  10. BLToaster Win User
    Well we had another crash - where do I find the minidump?

BLToaster, Jul 28, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  12. BLToaster Win User
    BLToaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Critical Process Died

1. Critical Process Died - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. Critical process died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died: My MSI laptop suddenly went into BIOS and said NO MEDIA PRESENTI assumed the SSD failed, as the PC did not recognize it.I purchased a replacement and the PC recognized it when I installed it. I then installed the old one and the PC recognized itas well at that time.I tried to...
  3. critical process died

critical process died: Will not boot,done loads of trying but no sucess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/fa719e8b-6a62-4fe9-a5d0-9a7e46fe0508
  4. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  5. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  6. Critical process died

Critical process died: Showing blue screen error in which critical process died also windows 10 not startup or boot showing again and again blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/1c0f81cd-d8d9-4558-9e22-a8abdda06e8b
  7. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: Link to my minidumps folder According to WhoCrashed this happened: On Sat 9/26/2020 3:27:15 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092620-13687-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe...
  8. Critical process died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died: I am having the error "critical process died" and the blue screen. I am trying all the fixes that have been suggested. Now the PC is "scanning a repairing drive C:". It says it is 100% complete but has been that way for some time now. It is still spinning so I hate to...
  9. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died: On 06-02-2020 yesterday i cleaned my files and windows moved everything to One Drive. This morning I noticed all of my icons on my desktop had changed to the Internet Explorer icon. I followed numerous steps to resolve my issue and none worked. One of the steps had me...
  10. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef