Windows 10: Critical Process Error

Discus and support Critical Process Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. I was on my desktop computer yesterday, which is Windows 10, and everything was normal. The computer went to sleep. Today, I woke it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrerBoxer, Aug 8, 2018.

1. BrerBoxer Win User

Critical Process Error

Hello all.

I was on my desktop computer yesterday, which is Windows 10, and everything was normal. The computer went to sleep. Today, I woke it back up and clicked on one of my games to play. As soon as I clicked the game, I got the message that the computer needs to restart because of an error. Several times the computer restarted because of a critical process error. I cannot get to the desktop and I have tried getting into safe mode but it can't even open in safe mode. I have tried to restore back to previous points. When I click a restore point, it wants me to select a drive to restore. The only option I have is C drive, but it will not allow me to click on the option. I can only go back or cancel. I'm not sure what else to do?

:)

BrerBoxer, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception

Hi,

To help you resolve the issue, please answer the follow questions below:

• Which version & build of Windows are you running?
    To find out what version of Windows you are running:

• Press the Windows Key + R.
    • A box will pop up in the bottom left side of the screen. Type winver
      and then press Enter.
    • Another box will open that will tell you what version of Windows you're running and what the build is. Please post both the version number and the build number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

You can refer to this link
    about the error fix Critical Process Died and follow the steps provided. Make sure you have the latest

Windows 10 updates

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlo Fer, Aug 8, 2018
  3. singh Win User
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical Process Error [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Critical Process Error

Critical Process Died Error

Recently while using the internet my computer experienced a BSOD which listed the Critical Process Died as the error. Before this happened my computer kept popping up with a message I believe was saying that the display adapter driver crashed and then was recovered. It should also be mentioned that I recently upgraded my system with a new graphics card, after my old one died, and with a new case. That was my first time ever doing something like that, so I wouldn't be surprised if that could be a problem.

Sixthdaemonfox, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Critical Process Error

1. Critical Process Error - Similar Threads - Critical Process Error

2. critical process error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  3. critical process error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  4. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED ERROR

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED ERROR: Hello, I hope someone can help me fix this.One day I was using my PC like normal, and the next day I encountered a "critical process died" error. I can't boot or do anything from the advanced settings. It only allows me to delete everything or open the command prompt, but...
  5. Critical Process Died error

Critical Process Died error: I installed a second ssd 1tb memory and upgraded my 16gb ram to 32gb.. at first it would just stop at the loading screen then go black.. forced restart a couple times the I got the blue screen with the error code CRITICAL_PROSSESS_DIED.. Help… Imma guess it has to do with my...
  6. Critical Process Died error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died error: Anyone ever have a successful resolution of a 'Critical Process Died issue'. This one is totally new to me. Any and all help would be appreciated . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-error/f0fd40b0-1b22-46ce-abed-4b161f46b43a
  7. Critical Processing Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Processing Error: I have recently upgraded my GPU in my computer from a 1660 to 2070. My computer worked fine for a couple days now it keeps giving me a blue screen with stopcode Critical Process Error. I've completely wiped my computer and put a fresh install of windows and still does not...
  8. Critical process died error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical process died error: I’ve tried everything to fix this but I’m still in a boot loop. System restore didn’t work. It won’t even let me factory reset it. submitted by /u/noisette666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmkmpl/critical_process_died_error/
  9. Critical processes error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical processes error: Today I've mostly been trying to wipe my pc and do a fresh install to take care of the multiple issues I've been facing recently, it started off telling me there was a problem so it couldn't reset the computer to now the blue screen of death and "your pc has run into a...
  10. Critical Process Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Critical Process Error: a year ago I had a critical process error and microsoft was able to recover the majority of my files including word docs. A new user profile was created apparently that I did not know about for the windows.old folder that my recovered files were stored in. Ever since then I...