Windows 10: "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz

Discus and support "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm encountering a bsod with the error "critical service failed" whenever I power my computer on, and can't seem to get around it. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ashwhall, Jan 10, 2017.

1. ashwhall Win User

"Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz

Hi there,

I'm encountering a bsod with the error "critical service failed" whenever I power my computer on, and can't seem to get around it. I had just used netplwiz to disable the login screen, then restarted the computer to see if it had taken effect. There were no other changes made between this problem and the last time I'd rebooted.

I've tried booting into safe mode, but it just goes back into the start up repair menu.
    The automatic start up repair fails to do anything, as does any sort of fixmbr or sfc /scannow, so I'm out of ideas!

I'm leaving for an international trip in a day, and was planning on connecting to this computer remotely while I'm away. I have very little time left so I'm quite desperate!

I really appreciate any advice or ideas relating to this. Perhaps there's a way to revert my changes in netplwiz? I opened the tool in cmd, but it didnt even list my user account there, just admin and guest.

Thanks in advance!
    Ash

Oh, and I couldn't follow the instructions to upload the diagnostic zip, because I can't even boot the pc.

:)

ashwhall, Jan 10, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 10, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz :)

musum, Jan 10, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Ashwhall and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Do you have System Restore Points set so that you can restore to a point before you made the changes? You should be able to get to System Restore from the Repair menu. See option 1 of the following tutorial: System Restore Windows 10

philc43, Jan 10, 2017
  5. ashwhall Win User
    No, I sadly have no restore points set.

ashwhall, Jan 10, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Jan 10, 2017
  7. ashwhall Win User
    Hi Phil,

I went through the instructions you sent me and nothing has changed.

Do you know what critical service failed means? Is this some sort of driver error? If so, is there a way I can tell which driver it relates to?

Thanks!

ashwhall, Jan 11, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

There is not a lot of information in this BSOD code. Here is the entry:
    Code: The CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000005A. This bug check appears very infrequently.[/quote] It indicates that a critical service failed to initialize while starting the last known good control set.

Normally a startup repair would fix this but you have already tried this. I was going to suggest an in-place upgrade repair but then realised you have to be able to boot into windows to do this.

I don't suppose you have a system image backup that you can restore from? If not, then you need a recovery disk. Try the following: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Critical service failed" when booting after using netplwiz - Similar Threads - Critical service failed

2. CRITICAL _ SERVICE _ FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL _ SERVICE _ FAILED: The device cannot enter Windows 11 and gives me a blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/7d77f0cf-0cd9-48bf-a725-2681e3d2a3b4
  3. CRITICAL _ SERVICE _ FAILED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL _ SERVICE _ FAILED: The device cannot enter Windows 11 and gives me a blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/7d77f0cf-0cd9-48bf-a725-2681e3d2a3b4
  4. CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED: Hi, i am an italian programmer excuse me for my poor english and i have a big problem with my laptop.Since many days i was trying to install the latest Win11 cumulative update but it stopped reaching 33% of the process and restarted continuously.I have investigated the...
  5. CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED: Hi, i am an italian programmer excuse me for my poor english and i have a big problem with my laptop.Since many days i was trying to install the latest Win11 cumulative update but it stopped reaching 33% of the process and restarted continuously.I have investigated the...
  6. Critical service failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical service failed: Suddenly it is showing BSOD critical service failed in windows 11 Anybody can you give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/55fcbb60-b804-4819-9756-b85ef76010f4
  7. Critical service failed

Critical service failed: Suddenly it is showing BSOD critical service failed in windows 11 Anybody can you give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/55fcbb60-b804-4819-9756-b85ef76010f4
  8. Critical Service Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Service Failed: Hello, Today i changed in system configuration/ms settings number of processors from 1 to 8, windows said it want me to restart pc so i clicked restart. Right after that It said something like starting pc failed and they are collecting information. It started restart...
  9. Critical service failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical service failed: When I Restart my computer its show Stop code:Critical Service failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/0d900236-b4f7-4b47-8945-d7eb22c4ba68
  10. critical service failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    critical service failed: -i had updated my windows 10, and then all of a sudden i am in an infinite loop -i notice all the other videos online allowed the user, after a few restarts, a list of options such as reseting your pc or go into command prompt -my computer does not give me the option, and...