Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevindd992002, Aug 21, 2016.

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10 Home again, updated all drivers especially the "Samsung NVMe controller driver" as this seems to be the cause of the issue according to some forum that I read.

After doing all this, I thought I already solved the problem when it BSOD'ed again with the same error code a few minutes ago. But this time the dump process completed to 100% so I already have minidump and memory.dmp files. Please attached collected log file.

Attachment 97537

:)

kevindd992002, Aug 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Screen Automatically Extends

No, I have a Dell XPS 15-9550 with the Thunderbold 3 dock.

OlliPetrus, Aug 21, 2016
  3. hwelvaar Win User
    A shutdown on Windows 10 results in a logoff + activation of airplane mode. Cannot shutdown my laptop anymore.

It is a Dell XPS 15 - 9550.

I have the laptop since 18 months, but experience this problem only since a few weeks, so must have started after either a Dell firmware upgrade or Windows update.

hwelvaar, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

Only one dump in the zip you uploaded and it didn't have any useful information. If you are running any disk cleanup software, stop until this problem is resolved so we don't keep losing dump files.

If you are using CCleaner for instance, either stop running it or uncheck Memory dumps and Windows log files.

If it was just the hang at 0% in the dump process that is the cause for the missing dumps then ignore above.

Attachment 97654

Is the Samsung SSD firmware up to date? Run Samsung Magician and check it.

Can you zip up the memory.dmp file and upload it as it is not collected by DM_Log_collector. If it's too big to uipload here, upload to your Microsoft OneDrive account the post a link to it here.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Like I said in my original post, this is the first time (since I installed the Samsung NVMe driver) that it had generated a dump file. Before installing that NVMe driver, it was stuck at 0%. So no, I'm not running disk cleanup or CCleaner on this new computer *Wink

Yes, it is up-to-date as verified by Samsung Magician.

Here's a copy of the memory.dmp that you're requesting:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

kevindd992002, Aug 24, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hi @OAG,

Please do NOT post in a BSOD thread if you're not planning on providing suggestions.
    This is to prevent a thread from getting posts that aren't related to helping resolving the OP's problem.
    Such posts remove the overview of suggestions provided by others, this makes it difficult to provide the help the OP needs.

7. OAG
    OAG Win User
    Removed contents of original post.

8. Ztruker Win User

The large memory dump has several files it can't load symbols for but they are base Microsoft drivers like volmgr.sys and wldp.dll. It also shows these:
    Code: *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0x119cf7[/quote] which is part of the driver for your Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 chipset.

Code: ffffdd80`9a5c0ac8 fffff809`c47defad*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_nvme.sys dump_nvme+0xefad[/quote] which is what you said you updated for your SSD from Samsung.

From what you said, your have (1) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670. and don't mention anything about a Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 chipset yet that is what dxdiag says you have.

What is your video setup please?

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Dell

2. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  3. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  5. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items: Hey all, im having a ton of issues right now with my xps 15 9550. So recently, i notice whenever i had to turn off or turn on my computer, a few times after i entered my bitlocker password etc, i notice there was a windows update which i was not aware of and it showed it...
  8. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...
  9. XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza

XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza: I so wanted to give this thread a better title but I just cannot for the life of me determine exactly what's going on. It started happening several days ago. At first it seemed related to whether or not I was on wireless, but that theory got debunked. Sometimes it happens...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684