Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo y50 gaming Laptop with Win 10 Home Premium 64-bit. The issue all started when my laptop was acting very slow, so I performed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TruebL, Mar 10, 2017.

1. TruebL Win User

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop

I have a Lenovo y50 gaming Laptop with Win 10 Home Premium 64-bit.

The issue all started when my laptop was acting very slow, so I performed a shutdown. But when I powered it back up, I got to the blue CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED screen, and it began a loop restarting and returning to that page. Every 2nd or 3rd restart it would allow you to bring up the advanced screen where I could perform many different options to resolve issue.

I have tried to “RESET” option to reload windows 10 but keep all my files in tact (a must for me), and it begins the process, restarts, and fails returning back to CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED page.

I have done a CHKDSK, SFC /SCANNOW, no luck there

I have used the advanced troubleshooting screen to restore to previous point, it find a previous point to use, loads, restarts, and fails returning back to CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED page.
    I cannot restore from backup, as I do not have one.

I built a win 10 boot USB drive with Rufus, and can boot to it. But when I try to perform the “upgrade” option, which allows me to keep all my files, it wants me to remove USB, restart and then plug in USB to restart upgrade. Doing this though fails returning back to the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED page.

I also can’t boot into any version of safe mode as they all fail and return to CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED page.

I have tried many different combinations of changing boot from UEFI-Legacy, changing SATA Controller from Compatible to AHCI, disabling secure boot. None of these options work.

Now when I boot, it comes to a black “inaccessible boot device” screen, and it asks to connect boot device and press any key to continue. I can restart and press F12 to get to the error 0xc00000f page with 9 different startup options from debugging, boot logging to disable auto restart after failure, but none of these options have worked either.

I even borrowed a friends 500Gb 2.5 drive, replaced the SSHD I had, and tried loading WIN 10 on that, but it would not, or could not, format 500Gb drive due to the current format it had.

I have a new SSHD on the way and a USB to SATA cable to get everything off my old drive. I was able to verify my old files are not corrupted and lost because I went into advanced troubleshooting menu and choose to reset using image file, and was able to browse and see all my files still in tact.

I am wondering if there is anything left I could try while I wait for new drive to get in.

:)

TruebL, Mar 10, 2017

2. 1st Gen Surface Book Can't Upgrade to Creator's Update

The 0xc00000f error very strongly suggests a failing (or about-to-fail) HDD.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Asus laptop does not boot, goes straight to BIOS, even after reinstalling windows. URGENT.

1)no hardware changes were made at all

2)Usually it’s critical_process_died, but before I reinstalled windows all sorts of errors appeared.

3)yes, its up to date

Right now ive managed to get past the BIOS loop, and it’s been working for an unusally long time (around 40 minutes), so I’ll try and troubleshoot the errors

Aravind Mantravadi, Mar 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi TruebL,

Besides a few hard drive tests you could run a memory diagnostic test *Smile

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. TruebL Win User
    Thank you, I will give this a try and post results.

TruebL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error 0xc00000f

2. Error Code 0xc00000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0xc00000f: I attempted to turn on my PC for the first time in 6 months and upon turning it on, I get the error code 0xc00000f. I can't get into BIOS setup at all and I've tried making sure my ram was clicked in properly and I still receive this error and that the PC couldn't find a hard...
  3. Error Code 0xc00000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0xc00000f: I attempted to turn on my PC for the first time in 6 months and upon turning it on, I get the error code 0xc00000f. I can't get into BIOS setup at all and I've tried making sure my ram was clicked in properly and I still receive this error and that the PC couldn't find a hard...
  4. Error Code 0xc00000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop: My pc had a blue screen loop when ever I am in the login screen. I can’t click on any key on my keyboard because that doesnt work I tested my keyboard on a other device and it worked perfect. But I can enter bios or something else but when I am in the login screen my monitor...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop: My pc had a blue screen loop when ever I am in the login screen. I can’t click on any key on my keyboard because that doesnt work I tested my keyboard on a other device and it worked perfect. But I can enter bios or something else but when I am in the login screen my monitor...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Error Code 0xc00000f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 0xc00000f: My computer failed to boot up this morning, giving me an Error Code: 0xc00000f I downloaded Windows 10 installation files onto a flash drive, as instructed, and used that to reinstall Windows 10. Now, I was following a tutorial that instructed me to go to the command prompt...
  9. Error Code 0xc00000f on startup.

Error Code 0xc00000f on startup.: Last night I updated my laptop and then turned off the charger. The laptop must've automatically hibernated or something, because when I powered on my laptop, it was undoing changes. I lost my patience and decided to power off the laptop. I did this a few times until every...
  10. error code 0xc00000f

error code 0xc00000f: I had error code 0xc00000f on my Toshiba satellite laptop. Using the instructions on https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79531-Error-code-0xc000000F-while-system-recovery I tried to fix my computer. Now I just have a blackscreen when I turn it on. Very frustrating...