Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i hope you can help. I have been experiencing random BSOD's for the past few days, mainly when playing games, but it has also happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ru7hl355, Nov 27, 2015.

1. ru7hl355 Win User

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD

Hi everyone, i hope you can help.

I have been experiencing random BSOD's for the past few days, mainly when playing games, but it has also happened when just idling on the desktop or web browsing. I have done a reset and a full re-install but the problem persists.

I have also done the following:

MemTest - 0 errors
    sfc /scannow - no errors
    Max CPU temp - 67c
    Max GPU temp - 65c

log package attached.

Im not sure if its worth noting, but when i BSOD, on restart my system cant find the BOOTMGR/Boot drive. i need to totally power down to make the system work again.

SPECS:
    i5 3750k
    16GB Corsair vengeance
    EVGA 970 GTX FTW
    EVGA g2 750W
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
    Crucial M4 64GB - < i suspect this but cant be sure....

thanks

Jamie

:)

ru7hl355, Nov 27, 2015
  2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Nov 27, 2015
  3. LudwigAJ Win User
    BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Nov 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

This comes up a lot in the event logs, but I'm not really someone who can help with it.
    This might give some more information: Event ID 16393 — Internet Gateway Device Support
    Code: Event[522]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client Date: 2015-11-28T08:33:57.262 Event ID: 16393 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: JAMIE-PC Description: BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot. Error code: 0x80004005.[/quote]

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

5. ru7hl355 Win User
    Hi,

thanks for getting back, screenshots attached.

EDIT: The system hangs/BSODS before i can complete a full error check on the other drive, but its fine up until then. this is a secondary drive used only for storage.

I have also checked all cables and the problem continues.

MAIN BOOT DRIVE
    Attachment 50942Attachment 50940Attachment 50941

1 TB STORAGE DRIVE
    Attachment 50938Attachment 50937

ru7hl355, Nov 27, 2015
  6. ru7hl355 Win User
    i have been unable to get the system to remain stable to get the last screenshot... *Sad

it also seems to have got worse, if i try and do something as simple as changing some settings in core temp, the system freezes and i need to hard reset the machine, when i do this the first time i get a message saying it can't find bootmgr or disk error. no mini dump is created...

It seems as though if I'm not doing work that requires accessing C: its ok, for example i can run prime95 for hours, no errors....

ru7hl355, Nov 27, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist.
    Safe mode will quickly determine if the problem is hardware related or software (or hardware that isn't loaded in safe mode)
    If in safe mode also occur crashes, I suggest to run bootable hardware diagnostics to start with: Hardware Diagnostics

8. ru7hl355 Win User

System has been on all night running prime95 and Error scan on other HD in safe mode, no freezes/crashes or errors. restarted in normal mode, system freezes if i try run core temp.... any suggestions *Sad

ru7hl355, Nov 28, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

10. ru7hl355 Win User
    Done as requested and the system hasn't crashed/BSOD/Frozen all day! so slowly enabling the startup and services, will update once discover what caused it but i have a sneaking suspicion it may be VIA sound service as i have a dedicated sound card installed, so no idea why windows installed that....

ru7hl355, Nov 28, 2015
  11. ru7hl355 Win User
    Scrap that, it's been fine all day, playing games etc.... but it has begun freezing again. i haven't re-enabled any services or start-up programs yet... i can however move my mouse and tab around, but nothing runs. i don't know if this helps but if i right click on the desktop and click personalise for example i get an error stating it can't find a program for this.... the system doesnt crash out or BSOD, it just sits there till i hard reset.

ru7hl355, Nov 28, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

13. ru7hl355 Win User

when i run sfc /scannow it starts with the verification phase and gets to 92% complete and stops. I then get then message, "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operations."

*Sad

ru7hl355, Nov 29, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Boot in safe mode and try it again.

15. ru7hl355 Win User
    I get this message - Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them.

CBS Log can be found here - Dropbox - CBS.log

ru7hl355, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD

2. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  3. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  4. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello Masters, Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows: Dump File : 112620-10421-01.dmp Crash Time : 26/11/2020 08:42:26 Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Bug Check Code :...
  5. Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: A few months ago I built a new pc, and I've been experiencing BSODs once or twice a week using it. I already tried: updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers ran memtest86 with no issues ran Sfc /scannow with no issues ran chkdsk with no issues scanned...
  6. BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.: Hello I just reset my laptop using the recovery mode in windows. I have updated most of my drivers and currently have multiple BSOD per day. Currently, it is at 13 BSOD in the last 24 hours. These BSODs happen when I am browsing chrome, updating windows, and playing games. I...
  7. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  8. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  9. BSOD [Critical_Process_Died] random & Screenshots added

BSOD [Critical_Process_Died] random & Screenshots added: I Got BSOD many times while setting up system settings after upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 The last three times were when clicking on this option: Attachment 29404 another behavior that caused the BSOD Attachment 29558 14111
  10. Random BSOD when logging in, at desktop. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Random BSOD when logging in, at desktop. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi good afternoon all. I have some issues with my Sony Vaio Pro 13. It was shipped with Windows 8, which I upgraded to 8.1, then to Windows 10. This is when the BSODs started. The BSODs will occur during the windows login, or after the desktop has loaded. From time to time, I...