Windows 10: Critical_process_died

Discus and support Critical_process_died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so this bsod started happening a few days ago after an automatic (midnight) update. When the pc tries to boot i get the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ExCellRaD, Jan 18, 2016.

1. ExCellRaD Win User

Critical_process_died

Ok so this bsod started happening a few days ago after an automatic (midnight) update. When the pc tries to boot i get the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error and automatic recovery doesn't work.

I have tried booting in safe mode (results are the same as normal boot), startup recovery (doesn't work).
    I tried reinstalling and recovering windows, both with no success.

chkdsk found problems with the filesystem, but running with /f says: "Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected".

diskpart fails to clear readonly attributes on disk 0 (but when i list the attributes everything is NO, so I'm guessing it isn't in readonly)

I have cleared readonly attributes on all volumes and nothing has changed.

:)

ExCellRaD, Jan 18, 2016
  2. LudwigAJ Win User

BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Issues on Windows 10 with blue screen error message "critical_process_died".

Original Title : critical_process_died

I see that the critical_process_died blue screen is related to Windows 8. I do not have Windows 8 - why am I getting this screen several times during the evening. How do I make it STOP?????

Thank you -

Linnea Campbell, Jan 18, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Critical_process_died

5. ExCellRaD Win User
    ExCellRaD, Jan 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    What options do you have in the BIOS?

Critical_process_died [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

7. ExCellRaD Win User
    So how specific do you want this to be? Do you want images?

ExCellRaD, Jan 21, 2016
  8. ExCellRaD Win User

Critical_process_died

First off, because this probably has something to do with the hard drive, I am using a intel fast response ssd in combination with my hard drive.

Pre-BIOS:
    system info, system diagnostics, hp sparekey, boot device options, bios setup, hp recovery, network boot

Under bios setup there are 3 tabs: File, security and system configuration.
    These are the options at system config.

1. Device configurations
    • Usb legacy support
    • parallel port mode (ecp, standard, bidirectional, epp)
    • fan always on while on AC power
    • data executon prevention
    • max sata speed (3 or 6)
    • sata device mode( ide, ahci, raid)
    • ctrl i prompt
    • usb charging port
    • wake on usb
    • secondary battery fast charge
    • vtx
    • numlock on at boot
    • express card link speed (gen 1, gen 2)
    • smart card reader power setting( always on, if card is present)
    • deep sleep( off, on, auto)

2. boot options
    • audio alerts during boot
    • custom logo
    • display diagnostic url
    • custom help and url messgage
    • require acknowledgment of battery errors
    • fast boot
    • cd-rom boot
    • sd boot
    • floppy boot
    • pxe internal nic boot
    • pxe internal ipv4 boot
    • pxe internal ipv6 boot
    • usb boot
    • upgrade bay hard drive boot
    • esata boot
    • hp application
    • customized boot
    • (unselecatable) secureboot config
    • boot mode(legacy, uefi hybrid, uefi native)

3. built-in device optionsbuttons, wifi, bluetooth, keyboard, backlight...

4. port optionsenable/disable external ports.

5. set security levelTheres a ton of stuff in here examples:

• Lan controller (change, view, hide)
    • hyperthreading (change, view, hide)
    • sata device mode (change, view, hide)

6. restore defaults

7. bios power ondays of the week

ExCellRaD, Jan 21, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure your BIOS is loaded for optimal default settings.

What does the bolt text mean?

10. ExCellRaD Win User
    Those are the selected values.

ExCellRaD, Jan 22, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    I suspected that, but it doesn't 100% completely make sence to me (doesn't matter actually)

12. ExCellRaD Win User
    8 tests passed without error.

ExCellRaD, Jan 22, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Critical_process_died

8 tests or 8 passes?
    There is quite some difference between passes and tests with MemTest86+
    There are 10 tests in each pass and it needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes or until errors.

14. ExCellRaD Win User
    8 complete passes, took about 16 hours.

ExCellRaD, Jan 23, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    What version is the BIOS?

Thema:

Critical_process_died

1. Critical_process_died - Similar Threads - Critical_process_died

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.: I have been getting blue screen errors for many months under the error code "critical_process_died". I have tried to fix the issue using several methods using diskscan, etc. But this is happening again and again. The most recurring issue is kernal power event id 41 issue....
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED/ Kernal power id 41 issue - Constantly blue screen error.: I have been getting blue screen errors for many months under the error code "critical_process_died". I have tried to fix the issue using several methods using diskscan, etc. But this is happening again and again. The most recurring issue is kernal power event id 41 issue....
  4. Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical_Process_Died: My PC constantly bluescreens when I load up a game. Sometimes the crash happens straight away, other times it can happen 5 mins into the game. The bluescreeen error code is Critical_Process_Died. In the windows event viewer the error code is Dump file creation failed due to...
  5. Critical_Process_Died

Critical_Process_Died: My PC constantly bluescreens when I load up a game. Sometimes the crash happens straight away, other times it can happen 5 mins into the game. The bluescreeen error code is Critical_Process_Died. In the windows event viewer the error code is Dump file creation failed due to...
  6. Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I use my laptop to stream PCVR on my Meta Quest 3 and at some point everything was running perfectly. I did end up changing some settings on my laptop that seemed to give me issues with my wifi so I decided to do a restore on my laptop restoring my old Windows from not to...
  7. Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I use my laptop to stream PCVR on my Meta Quest 3 and at some point everything was running perfectly. I did end up changing some settings on my laptop that seemed to give me issues with my wifi so I decided to do a restore on my laptop restoring my old Windows from not to...
  8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging