Windows 10: when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED

Discus and support when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi team,i have a hp laptop with windows 10 . when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED, But i shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thms222, Jan 21, 2019.

1. thms222 Win User

when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED

hi team,i have a hp laptop with windows 10 . when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED, But i shut down and start not this problem. this thing repeating many times. how can i solve this without loose my files and software installed. thanks

:)

thms222, Jan 21, 2019
  2. shk021051 Win User

blue error and restart

my computer sometime show blue error and restart*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:
    what is it error?*Confused when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED :confused:
    tanks

shk021051, Jan 9, 2020
  3. CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED Blue Screen error, can't boot into Windows 10

Hi Wungraileng, thanks for coming back to me.

I took a look at the steps suggested by Babu V. The first link to the "Troubleshoot blue screen errors" page doesn't seem to be relevant as it asks "When did you get the blue screen error?" and the only three options are:

While upgrading to Windows 10

After an update was installed

While using my PC

However, I am getting the error after trying to resize the system partition on my hard drive.

The post by Babu V also mentions booting in Safe Mode. However I am unable to boot into Safe Mode - if I select this option on the Startup Settings screen I get the same CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED blue screen error.

when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED [​IMG]

The blue screen error mentions that it's collecting some error info - where is this error info stored?

Tom Hunter, Jan 9, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. when i restart an error with blue screen appears. error code is CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED - Similar Threads - restart error blue

2. freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error: my MSI laptop with Ryzen 7 just keep freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error each time !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-and-restarting-with-blue-screen-and/add8b0e2-5c59-4465-9481-ce55a55e96b2
  3. freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error: my MSI laptop with Ryzen 7 just keep freezing and restarting with Blue Screen and different code error each time !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-and-restarting-with-blue-screen-and/add8b0e2-5c59-4465-9481-ce55a55e96b2
  4. Blue screen error not restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error not restarting: Windows blue screen has been stuck at 0% complete for quite a while. I cant turn it on or off either.stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-not-restarting/a026f154-9397-4d0e-8da5-9318b8ca2ba3
  5. Blue screen error not restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error not restarting: Windows blue screen has been stuck at 0% complete for quite a while. I cant turn it on or off either.stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-not-restarting/a026f154-9397-4d0e-8da5-9318b8ca2ba3
  6. Blue Screen Error Critical_Service_Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error Critical_Service_Failed: My lenovo legion y520 laptop has been in a loop of blue screen error CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED . i have tried every solution, for example startup repair, going in to safe mode even reseting and everything failed. The only thing i didn't use is a flashdrive with windows os, but...
  7. Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update

Blue screen error: Critical_Service_Failed after Windows update: User tried to install latest version of PhotoShop but was told by support to run Windows/System updates & did. After 2 1/2 to 3 hours of updates (machine had not been used for a number of months) system will no longer boot up. Any idea what I can do to help him? Recovery...
  8. Blue screen error not restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen error not restarting: Windows stuck on blue screen error for an hour at 100% stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-not-restarting/a8882091-69b4-4206-b03d-25e7f1af048f
  9. Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen error: 0xc0000225, error message: "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" booting windows 10...: Hi. I have an HP Pavilion G6 that I bought new with Windows 8.1 installed. When the windows 10 upgrade option was available, I waited for a few weeks before upgrading just in case there were any issues with hardware or whatever. I ran the compatibility test and no problems...
  10. Blue screen error restart

Blue screen error restart: Does anyone know where I can get the code on my blue screen warning read? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/blue-screen-error-restart/dcf5dec5-f0cf-4dee-89f8-427d6798035b