Windows 10: Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache

Discus and support Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have downloaded crucial executive for my SSD and on one page there is a button to enable the drives momentum cache. Also on this page is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by banger, Dec 2, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache

Hi, I have downloaded crucial executive for my SSD and on one page there is a button to enable the drives momentum cache. Also on this page is a warning that my PC is not battery backuped so enabling momentum cache is at my own risk. I backup my SSD to a Hitachi mechanical drive every day.

Two questions, as I backup every day is the possibility of data loss on the boot SSD due to power loss and the cache enabled a moot point. The second question is the Ssd is a 6gb drive connected to a data 3.0gb interface, will enabling the cache see much performance improvement and will the cache save some Nand cells from being written to extending the life of the drive?

:)

banger, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Gavsky Win User

Threshold 2 Build 1511 re-install, same old problems...

Hi Aswin

Hopefully found what was causing my particular issue: Threshold 2 switched-off the 'Momentum Cache' (software caching feature to improve performance) on my Crucial SSD (Windows 10 on this drive and PC boots from it).

I only noticed by accident, re-enabled the Momentum Cache in the Crucial Storage Executive software, and so far Windows is behaving perfectly again.

I know T2 is known for removing some software, changing settings to default etc. but never guessed this was the problem. Hope this might help others, and may be seen by Microsoft - please warn us before messing with our settings and not telling us! Or just
    don't mess with the settings...

I suspect that a clean install of Win10 wouldn't have caused an issue; the problem is 'upgrading' an existing Windows 10 installation to Threshold 2, and if some settings are changed.

Gavsky, Dec 2, 2015
  3. New cloned disk shows up as old one in Win 10

I recently replaced my Crucial MX200 500GB SSD by cloning (Acronis) to a new Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. The Samsung migration software which came with the disk didn't seem to clone correctly because the Crucial ssd was slightly larger. Acronis worked fine.

My bios shows the correct new Samsung disk but on Win 10 the disk management still lists the old Crucial MX200. Although everything seems to be working fine, I would like for the system to acknowledge the correct disk.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? I have cloned disks before and they have always shown up correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

BobGrattan, Dec 2, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

If you read the White paper on Crucial's site that would provide you with all the answers you need. It's on the download page to the right.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache - Similar Threads - Crucial 500gb SSD

2. upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd: HI all so i upgraded my laptops 128GB SSD to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd P2 version, i used Macrium Reflect 7 to Clone my C drive, everything went well, i did have to stop errors the first time i tried to boot from it, but that has resolved it self and has not shown its...
  3. mouse momentum

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse momentum: Hi. I have just purchased a HP 840 g4 laptop with Windows 10 installed. On my previous laptop i had mouse momentum - i could flick the mouse across the screen. I can't find any settings to get my beloved momentum back. Can anyone help?...
  4. Infinite Boot Loop problem after enabling Momentum Cache with BX500 SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite Boot Loop problem after enabling Momentum Cache with BX500 SSD: I recently purchased a BX500 SSD and after doing everything right and doing all my updates, I decided to try and activate momentum cache from their Crucial Storage Executive but I'm now stuck in an infinite boot loop where I have access to Bios and recovery mode, I could...
  5. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  6. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  7. Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. 1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD. 2. Swapped drives. 3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new...
  8. Windows 10 Home v1803 with updates as at July 2018 AND Crucial 500GB SSD - Windows and...

Windows 10 Home v1803 with updates as at July 2018 AND Crucial 500GB SSD - Windows and...: Windows 10 and applications (eg Excel 2013) randomly FREEZE when using a Crucial 500GB SSD in a Toshiba Qosmio core i7 15.6inch screen laptop (circa 2011). I replaced the Hitashi 5200rpm 750GB harddisk in the Toshiba laptop to get faster response when starting/using laptop...
  9. Clean Install to New Crucial SSD Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install to New Crucial SSD Activation: I just got off the phone with MS Support.*Mad My current HD is so full I decided to install a new Crucial 500GB SSD to hold the OS and all Apps. I have downloaded Win 10 ISO and burned it to a Disc with the intent of installing to the new SSD which will be the primary while...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enasbling momentum cache on crucialssdf desktop ok