Windows 10: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call

Discus and support Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am seeing the following errors in my Windows 10 Pro x64 event log: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnlitin, Oct 3, 2015.

1. bnlitin Win User

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call

I am seeing the following errors in my Windows 10 Pro x64 event log:

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.Details:AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.System Error:Access is denied..

I am also noticing odd behavior. i.e. trying to make a Windows image for backup takes forever.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I looked online but I see fixes for Windows 2008 server. I don't see anything for Windows 10.

:)

bnlitin, Oct 3, 2015
  2. ham559 Win User

Error Event : 513 , CAP12 ; Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Error Event : 513 , CAP12 ; Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object. Details: AddWin32ServiceFiles: Unable to back up image of service Intel Bluetooth Service since QueryServiceConfig API
    failed System Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

ham559, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Cryptographic Services Failed

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by szz743 replied on January 24, 2014 and check if it helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call - Similar Threads - Cryptographic Services failed

2. Cryptographic Services run amok

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cryptographic Services run amok: We have multiple PCs in our organization showing high disk usage from 'Service Host: Cryptographic Services' and intermittent performance issues accompanying it. Performance issues include Microsoft Office Applications going to 'Not Responding' for 20-30 seconds before...
  3. The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT...: my pc crashes and i get this error The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT error was: -550. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"...
  4. Cryptographic Service using lots of network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cryptographic Service using lots of network: For the past 2 week or so the Service Host: Cryptographic service has been using .5mbps constantly and causing my network to be very slow. What do i do?...
  5. "Cryptographic Services" 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Cryptographic Services" 100% disk usage: We have a windows 10 machines running 24/7, and noticing "cryptographic services" are using 100% disk - 50 MB/s writes constantly! Is there a way how to prevent that?...
  6. cryptographic services

in Windows 10 Customization
    cryptographic services: today when i turned my computer on google chrome was taking a very long time despite my internet working fine so i searched around for solutions and i came across someone in a forum telling me to change the log on setting to local system account in cryptographic services and...
  7. is it safe to end "svchost.exe Service Host: Cryptographic Services" ???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it safe to end "svchost.exe Service Host: Cryptographic Services" ???: its using a lot of my cpu and i need to know if it is safe to end task because its annoying can i also end explorer.exe? submitted by /u/Anonymous_Hooman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhq4eo/is_it_safe_to_end_svchostexe_service_host/
  8. Cryptographic Services and other Windows Services firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cryptographic Services and other Windows Services firewall rules: Cryptographic Services is frequently requesting to connect to port 80 at remote IP addresses. is there a range I can specify in my firewall configuration for this and other windows update related services to access to? I'd much rather not allow all outbound traffic from...
  9. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed: System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10. Code: Log Name:...
  10. Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop: So I've been monitoring a minor glitch or annoyance with certain applications, Battlenet app is one and twitch desktop. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I see the Windows Cryptographic service hitting the CPU a little more than it's supposed to and this causes the battlenet app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

2. windows 10 cryptographic services failed while processing the onidentity() call in the system writer object.