Windows 10: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call

Discus and support Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am seeing the following errors in my Windows 10 Pro x64 event log: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnlitin, Oct 3, 2015.

1. bnlitin Win User

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call

I am seeing the following errors in my Windows 10 Pro x64 event log:

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.Details:AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.System Error:Access is denied..

I am also noticing odd behavior. i.e. trying to make a Windows image for backup takes forever.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I looked online but I see fixes for Windows 2008 server. I don't see anything for Windows 10.

:)

bnlitin, Oct 3, 2015
  2. ham559 Win User

Error Event : 513 , CAP12 ; Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Error Event : 513 , CAP12 ; Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object. Details: AddWin32ServiceFiles: Unable to back up image of service Intel Bluetooth Service since QueryServiceConfig API
    failed System Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

ham559, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Cryptographic Services Failed

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by szz743 replied on January 24, 2014 and check if it helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call - Similar Threads - Cryptographic Services failed

2. Communication with service process failed. Tray cannot start

in Windows 10 News
    Communication with service process failed. Tray cannot start: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Intel Driver and Support Assistant, which is pre-installed in newer Intel supported systems, automatically identifies, finds and installs drivers for your computer. But at times, or program launch, it is known to fail with an error message – Communication...
  3. Windows Processes: Service Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...
  4. Problem with Cryptographic Services causing major issues with Twitch streams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Cryptographic Services causing major issues with Twitch streams: Been having this problem for a while where Cryptographic services using 25%+ of my CPU and when this happens, it "inadvertently?" is causing major problems with Firefox streaming from Twitch, it seems to either block or prevent the stream video coming down properly and...
  5. windows process activation services

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...
  6. April 2018 update broke Chrome browser (Cryptographic Services bug)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    April 2018 update broke Chrome browser (Cryptographic Services bug): I updated to the April 2018 version of Win10 a couple months ago. It caused several issues and broke my Chrome browser completely, so I reverted back to the old version. But Microsoft forced another update on me, so I need this issue fixed somehow. All the googling I've done...
  7. DirectX will not install because cryptographic services are enabled and file certificate is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX will not install because cryptographic services are enabled and file certificate is...: Hi! Disclaimer, this isn't actually a question but an answer to a question has been asked before however with no answers that have solved my issue. It seems the latest version of windows 10 won't allow me to install directx 11 using the regular installer from windows. It...
  8. Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop: So I've been monitoring a minor glitch or annoyance with certain applications, Battlenet app is one and twitch desktop. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I see the Windows Cryptographic service hitting the CPU a little more than it's supposed to and this causes the battlenet app...
  9. Remote Procedure Call Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  10. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...