Windows 10: Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners

Discus and support Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just did a quick CrystalDiskMark benchmark on my son's computer. His OS drive is an Intel 600p NVMe drive. [img] His storage drive is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pparks1, Mar 8, 2017.

1. pparks1 Win User

Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners

Just did a quick CrystalDiskMark benchmark on my son's computer.

His OS drive is an Intel 600p NVMe drive.

Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners [​IMG]

His storage drive is a Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache 7,200RPM spinner (ST2000DM006).

Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners [​IMG]

Guess the SSD is a tad faster.

:)

pparks1, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Saiyan32 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update has caused problems

i also have a problen with this update .... It also causes random crashes of application ....... The biggest problem of this update is that my pny ssd has lower random read/write speed in creators update ......it was all ok in anniversary update...but slower
    in creators update after benchmarking i am also waiting for a patch .........the patch 15063.332 didn't ...... if you own a ssd ....i suggest you running crystal disk mark app to see if your ssd performing well that is if you remember the previous benchmarking
    so that you can compare....

Saiyan32, Mar 8, 2017
  3. SSD sequential write speed tops at 10 MB/s in W10 instance due to wrong driver

Hi, I have this problem: I have a Samsumg 256 GB MZVLV256HCHP-000H1 SSD ("system disk") and a 1 TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD on my HP Omen notebook. The Evo performs properly. But according to my experience and SSD benchmark tools, write speeds in my system disk
    are way poor, for example, the sequential write speed is just 10 MB/s (yes, ten megabytes per sec...).

The OS was reinstalled using HP's recovery disk or whatever, installing all the factory stuff after a motherboard replacement.

Now I managed to narrow down the possible reasons. I've created a Linux USB stick and booted from that to make benchmarks, and both SSDs performed well (at least I managed to reach 250 MB/s write speed on the system disk as well). That is, the issue shall
    not be hardware-related.

My notebook does not even have non-AHCI mode, and Windows shows the AHCI driver in Device Manager. Yet I'm afraid the system disk uses an inappropriate driver. Because the drive is not a consumer model, but one sold by Samsung to computer builders in large
    stock, Samsung provides no drivers to download. HP only provides Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver, which seems to have no effect on that disk's performance.

AS SSD benchmark shows these driver info:

• System disk: stornvme - OK
    • Evo: iaStorA - OK
    I wonder if I could try to switch the system disk to use the Interl storage driver, or if you have any other ideas to fix this issue, without a clean reinstall of Windows.

Thanks for reading,

Gus

This is Gus, Mar 8, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

No by much, but a little faster. *Wink

essenbe, Mar 8, 2017
  5. vgchat Win User
    vgchat, Mar 8, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    I don't need performance for my storage drive. Its just storing isos, downloads, backups, etc.

pparks1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners - Similar Threads - Crystal Disk Benchmark

2. Non SSD's (Spinners) and Bit rot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non SSD's (Spinners) and Bit rot: Hi folks I've seen it mentioned on a few 'Nix Forums but never on Windows - but with say older HDD's (spinners) are they liable to Bit Rot. The reason I'm asking this is that on discussions of various file systems it appears that some of the newer file systems are resilient...
  3. SSD Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Results: Hiya I have an oddity (what's new it's 10 after all) *Banghead Can someone please tell me why the results of my SSD benchmark test have dropped so dramatically? [img] 165321
  4. Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive?

Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive?: I did a search but couldn't find the answer I'm after. When CrystalDiskInfo is running does it continuously read/write anything to the hard drive, which from what I've read is not good for a SSD? On my previous laptop it had a normal HDD (first time using a SSD) and didn't...
  5. Is this result in User Benchmark good for a notebook?

Is this result in User Benchmark good for a notebook?: [ATTACH] My hardware: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (No longer the latest) i5 8300H and 8GB Ram (I will upgrade soon) and 135Watt power supply (if important) I'd also like to know how much you're making. Ist dieses ergebniss in User Benchmark gut für ein...
  6. Can anyone explain these benchmark results?

Can anyone explain these benchmark results?: [img] This is what the latest version of Samsung Magician shows for my system. I was expecting to see the NVME drive far outperform the SATA drive, but that was not the case. The NVME drive is my boot drive, and the SATA drive is for temp files, My Documents, and general...
  7. Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health

Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health: Hi Everyone, I had a problem with my current Windows 10 v1809, before I'm using v1809, I'm using v1803 which still using SSHD and when I plug my new SSD M.2 NVME, Crystal Disk Info can detect my SSD's health normally. But after I re-install Windows 10 to v 1809 because I...
  8. Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0

Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0: CrystalDiskInfo Crystal Dew World [img] 131326
  9. Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question

Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question: I have a 1 TB data drive (already backed up) that shows a reallocated sector count (raw value) of 3348 in Crystal Disk Info in the main window of results. If I hover over the yellow "Caution" under "Health Status," the notification popup says "Reallocated Sector Count:...
  10. VM - run on SSD or Spinner?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM - run on SSD or Spinner?: Hello, Have a laptop with both SSD and HDD and will be running at least a couple of VMs simultaneously most of the time. Was wondering if for optimal performance - SSD life + Performance of VMs - should it matter if I run these VMs on SSD? or should I run them in...