Windows 10: CTRl ALT Delete available for Windows 10

Discus and support CTRl ALT Delete available for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may sound like a silly question but is the function of pressing 'CTR ALT Delete' to bring up all the running processes on your PC available in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newfan, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Newfan Win User

CTRl ALT Delete available for Windows 10

This may sound like a silly question but is the function of pressing 'CTR ALT Delete' to bring up all the running processes on your PC available in Windows 10? I am a user who has jumped straight from using windows XP to using Windows 10.

Thanks

:)

Newfan, Aug 17, 2016

2. Lock screen settings won't change, no error message.

I too have the same issue, though it's related to my ctrl-alt-delete login.

If I disable ctrl-alt-delete login it works, but I kind of need my ctrl alt delete CTRl ALT Delete available for Windows 10 :p.

How is there not a fix for this? Win 8.1 locked screens worked fine with ctrl-alt-delete.

matrimforever, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Lock screen problem after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754)

I had a similar issue: after updating Windows 10 to 1511, the lock screen required Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to the login prompt. Before the update, tapping any key would reveal the login prompt.

I was able to fix this issue by enabling and then disabling the "secure sign-in" feature of Windows (which requires Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login). Here are the steps I used:

• Press Win+R to open the Run dialog, then type netplwiz and click
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • At this point, I saw that the checkbox labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete was unchecked, even though the lock screen did require Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Check the box labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click
      Apply.
    • Uncheck the box labeled Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click Apply.
    • Test by locking the screen using Win+L, then press any key to reveal the login prompt.
    Credit goes to this page on tenforums.com for help on enabling/disabling secure sign-in:

Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10

Eric Stollnitz, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

1. CTRl ALT Delete available for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CTRl ALT Delete

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. Disable alternatives to Ctrl-Alt-Delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable alternatives to Ctrl-Alt-Delete: Corporate recently pushed a cumulative update to W10 Enterprise 21H2 that hosed my computer - in a weird way.Laptop would boot to windows, but then at the secure login screen I was presented with "Press and hold the power button, then press the volume down button to login"...
  5. Disable alternatives to Ctrl-Alt-Delete

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable alternatives to Ctrl-Alt-Delete: Corporate recently pushed a cumulative update to W10 Enterprise 21H2 that hosed my computer - in a weird way.Laptop would boot to windows, but then at the secure login screen I was presented with "Press and hold the power button, then press the volume down button to login"...
  6. Ctrl + Alt + Delete wont respond.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ctrl + Alt + Delete wont respond.: Hello! I can't logon too my PC after an update after Ctrl + Alt + Del installed by its self.Can you guys help please? Kinda getting bored off this macbook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-alt-delete-wont-respond/1aa09518-6d81-49b1-85b2-ace3e260a440
  7. Why are ctrl delete and alt delete are swapped?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are ctrl delete and alt delete are swapped?: I reformatted my SSD and got a fresh install of Win10 running last night. After installing my NVIDIA/Razer peripheral drivers (keyboard/mouse), I spent some minutes downloading my usual software from chromium edge and all of a sudden my alt+del shortcut to delete an entire...
  8. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  9. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...