Windows 10: Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

Discus and support Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, This is my first post here!*Smile So, I've run into some trouble with Win 10. I was trying to totally black out my win10 and for that I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by limitBRE4KER, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

Hey guys,
    This is my first post here!*Smile So, I've run into some trouble with Win 10. I was trying to totally black out my win10 and for that I had to install custom themes and stuff but I had an issue where some parts of the theme would revert back to white after coming out of sleep. Someone suggested that deleting the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors key would fix that problem and it did. But out came another problem*Banghead from this, where the color of the ctrl-alt-del / shutting down screen wouldnt change to anything else from the default blue color even though I set the accent color to red. This also might have been caused by me switching from ultrauxthemepatcher to uxthememultipatcher (which uses in memory patching instead of modifying dlls) and back to ultrauthemepatcher

If any of you guys have faced an issue like this and fixed it please help! Also could someone just make a backup of that DefaultColors key from registry(preferably from someone running build 1607) and post it for me so that i can try to fix this thing that way?

Thanks for your help guys

:)

limitBRE4KER, Oct 18, 2017

2. How to change signout screen color and logon screen background

It was helpful but the problem is first of all i didnt have a folder named accent and secondly i want to set a picture there instead of just a normal color and i also wanted to change the color of the pages like sign out restart shutdown and the screen
    you get by pressing alt+ctrl+delete

Arsalan Javaid, Oct 18, 2017
  3. LizRules Win User
    How do I get my theme color to match my accent color in Windows 10?

I have a theme that has a color that I think fits pretty well with it. Unfortunately, the theme's color is a custom color and is not one of the available accent colors. Is there a way I can set my accent color to my theme color? Also, some another questions.
    Is there a way I can get the automatic theme color back (from the old screen in Control Center)? Is there a way to go back to the old screen in Windows 10? Will the colors from there even change the accent color? Thanks.

LizRules, Oct 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

Hi, first, if you're going to hack your system, back up first.

Do you have System restore turned on? If so, try using a restore point.

We constantly and strongly urge people to use disk imaging routinely and regularly so if something goes wrong they can restore their system to a previous working state without technical help. Macrium reflect (free) + external storage.

As for dark themes- see examples of the use of high contrast themes in the Customisation section.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Yeah, in retrospect what i did does feel dumb now.should have made a backup first. I have system restore disabled so thats a no go for that. Could you export your DefaultColors reg key and upload it here, plz?

6. dalchina New Member
    Here's mine, but you may find a couple of background colours are not default.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2017
  7. Yep, that did the trick alright*Biggrin Thanks a bunch man.

8. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

This is for anyone reading this in the future having the same problem. *Smile

While the .reg in the post above did fix this issue I was back to the original problem where windows reset some parts of a custom theme to white after coming out of sleep mode(for example, the task manager). So I did some tinkering and finally found a way to fix both those issues.

So basically go into HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\ and under DefaultColors you should see two keys High Contrast and Standard. Inside each of those keys are values that decide the default color Windows loads after coming out of sleep. But windows only needs those keys to now go insane on the ctrl-alt-del screen. Go inside each of those keys and delete every value except "(default)" and that should do it,or you can use the attached reg file with this fix

9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I know that problem. From Win 8 on the way I dealt with that was to
    a. Save the modified theme with the background colour change
    b. schedule a 1 line script to run on resuming from sleep or hibernation to reapply the theme.

I'd be willing to bet that those reg keys are rewritten on a build upgrade...

dalchina, Oct 18, 2017
  10. Yeah but that method with the task scheduler always seemed to be more of a work around than a fix to me. While deleting the reg values is a quick and easy.

11. maleko48 Win User
    Thank you for saving me from bashing my head into mush! Your .reg file fixed my shutdown screen color that came unsynced from the rest of my system color settings.

maleko48, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

1. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color - Similar Threads - Ctrl Alt Delete

2. Accent color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent color: I opened the start menu tonight and almost the entire thing was full of yellow boxes. This is the first time this happened and I want it to go away. After some research I found out that it was called Accent./ I changed it to grey for now but I want it to match my start menu...
  3. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  4. Accent Color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accent Color: [ATTACH] Hello guys, actually I'm using UXtheme patcher to apply theme for my windows.. but the problem is, when I change the accent color, the background color of text at titlebar also changed. Can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you...
  5. Accent Color

Accent Color: I just changed my keyboard and mouse and NOW everything is HOT PINK. The color chart on my colors does NOT have the right color that matches the description of what actual color it is - attaching a screen shot. I do NOT want HOT PINK! And the sky on my themes changed from...
  6. Change app color background back to accent color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change app color background back to accent color: [ATTACH] I got the new app icons (mail, maps, calendar and others) but they are now all on a blue tile instead of the accent color I had picked How do I get the icons back on the red accent color?...
  7. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color :(

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color :(: Hi everyone, this is my first post here. As title, Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color *Sad I already try delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors, but didnt help. Sorry for my broken english, thanks for help. 117736
  8. Lock Screen Accent Color Frequently Changes to Another User's Color

Lock Screen Accent Color Frequently Changes to Another User's Color: Hi, So, when I am using the Windows lock screen, especially when I am not currently signed in, Windows tends to set my lock screen accent color to purple, much like my wife's account on the computer. She has chosen a purple accent color for her account, which is fine,...
  9. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen: Hey Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. *Smile So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to black, clicked Apply... and unfortunately, the CTRL ALT DEL screen didn't change. [img]
  10. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. contorl alt delete screen purple?