Windows 10: CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge

Discus and support CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; used to work before but not anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abdo naim, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Abdo naim Win User

CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge

used to work before but not anymore

:)

Abdo naim, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• Have you assigned the “Ctrl + Shift” shortcut for any application?

Ideally, the shortcut Ctrl + Shift is used to switch the keyboard layout when multiple keyboard layouts are available. If you have assigned the shortcut for a keyboard layout, you may try changing it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and select
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Click on Input language hot keys.
    5. Select the layout for which you have assigned the shortcut and click on
      Change Key Sequence.
    6. Under Switch Keyboard Layout, select
      Not assigned.
    7. Click on OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2023
  3. BaldRicky Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+'n' stopped working

Hi

The extremely useful shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+'n') within File Explorer has suddenly stopped working.

There was an automatic Windows update a few days ago and I believe the last time I used the shortcuts was before this update. These shortcuts worked as follows...

Ctrl+Shift+1 Change View to Extra Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+2 Change View to Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+3 Change View to Medium Icons

Ctrl+Shift+4 Change View to Small Icons

Ctrl+Shift+5 Change View to List View

Ctrl+Shift+6 Change View to Details View

Elsewhere I have seen a couple of other Windows 10 users reporting the same issue but I have not yet tracked down a fix.

As far as I can tell all of my other keyboard shortcuts are working.

I am on a 9 month old Dell Inspiron 17 5770 Laptop.

Is there a setting I can apply to get the shortcuts back please?

Thanks in advance

Rick

BaldRicky, Dec 1, 2023
  4. CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge

Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in Text Services and Input Languages, I've tried Ease of Access, I've even tried changing keyboards. The following are all Microsoft Answers threads recommended to me by Google:

I have tried literally everything suggested in all of these threads, and NOTHING WORKS, it is that stubborn. Considering that there are multiple threads regarding this issue, which yes, I did research this before I started asking this, I am 100% conviced this has to do with system updates. What do I even do at this point?

Zer0Studioz, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge

1. CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge - Similar Threads - CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut working

2. CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL+SHIFT+2 shortcut not working for splitting my screen on edge: used to work before but not anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlshift2-shortcut-not-working-for-splitting-my/e096163e-a37d-4d65-a1aa-b23981e4de9e
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  5. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  6. ctrl + shift + enter not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ctrl + shift + enter not working: I updated Win10 Pro today, and now ctrl+shift+enter does not open the application as admin.For example: I press the start key, type cmd then press ctrl+shift+enter and nothing happens. This affects all apps I try to launch using this method. It doesn't even launch the app...
  7. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working: Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363 Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works. Pretty sure this is a windows bug submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  8. CTRL + SHIFT + (2-5) Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL + SHIFT + (2-5) Not Working: I've been using CTRL + SHIFT + (2-5) in Windows 10 to quickly change the Folder Icon size. But it doesn't seem to work at all after changing few settings. I've tried resetting Folder Options and what not, nothing seems to work. Please help me on this one, maybe there is a way...
  9. How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?: I don't know how to delete his. Can you help me? Thank you! ***Modified title from: I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-shortcut-ctrl-shift/ad520f7a-b08f-42de-a4b5-ec06e7988d6f
  10. shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly: i haven't been on my pc in a long time due to NBN taking their sweet time doing their thing so my download speed on steam is terrible and is pretty much pointless but i turned on my pc after 2 months and whenever i use the number 2 on the horizontal row on the top of my...