Windows 10: CU: cannot increase the system font anymore!

Discus and support CU: cannot increase the system font anymore! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, just updated... I have a full hd and a small screen. My dpi is 150%. The font was size 11 before the update to CU. Now I CANNOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pipppero2007, Aug 19, 2017.

1. CU: cannot increase the system font anymore!

Hello,

just updated... I have a full hd and a small screen.

My dpi is 150%.

The font was size 11 before the update to CU.

Now I CANNOT increase the system font anymore ("Icon font" was the option).

I will use some tweak but I don't understand how MS think that people with HIGH DPI and HIGH resolution screen can work with that SMALL font in Explorer and in the Desktop.

:)

Pipppero2007, Aug 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 font problem.

Several times in the past month I had a problem with the sudden decrease of font size in Windows 10 Pro.
    The letters on the Desktop or in the Internet Explorer address bar (in Edge too), in Windows Explorer and so on, become so tiny that it is very difficult to read
    them. Icons above or beside these letters remain normal in size.
    No system font increase in the Settings or Control Panel helps.

Then I reboot the computer and - everything goes back to normal look.

The point is that, with six or more open excel tables, it is not acceptable to leave the job, and still, I cannot not work anymore.

Miroslav Catic, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    How to increase the font size of contact pnone numbers

You cannot increase the font size for the time being.

Entegy, Aug 19, 2017
Thema:

CU: cannot increase the system font anymore!

1. CU: cannot increase the system font anymore! - Similar Threads - cannot increase system

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  4. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  5. How to increase <CENSORED> tiny system font in Windows 10?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase <CENSORED> tiny system font in Windows 10?!: [ATTACH] I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing text size only doesn't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under...
  6. Increase system font size!

Increase system font size!: I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing Text size only don't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under 1920 × 1200?!...
  7. System clock font …size increase?

System clock font …size increase?: Hi I am just wondering if its possible to increase the size of the system clock on the bottom right corner of the taskbar. thanks 80340
  8. Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?

Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?: I have a small 11.6 tablet with full HD (1920:1080) resolution. The "system" font, like in the start menu, notification area, apps (Mail), etc., is ridiculously tiny, even on a 150% (recommended) scaling. I have to set scaling to 200%, to get a comfortable size, but this...
  9. Increase font size in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Increase font size in Edge?: Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the fonts on the tabs and favorites bar items? The old eyes are not what they were, and I'd like to bump up the size if it's possible. A registry entry? Anything? TIA 53632
  10. IE on CU cannot run .exes directly anymore?!

in Browsers and Email
    IE on CU cannot run .exes directly anymore?!: This is honestly one of the main reasons I use IE... so I can run installers without having to save, open, and delete when done. (Yes, I know the Run option really just sticks them in a TEMP folder, but emphasis on TEMP, it'll get deleted on its own!) So with the...