Windows 10: CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!!

Discus and support CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there Did 3 CLEAN CU installs (1607) - now NO networking problems on LAN - every machine has access to every other one and all Media servers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!!

Hi there

Did 3 CLEAN CU installs (1607) - now NO networking problems on LAN - every machine has access to every other one and all Media servers accessible as well to machines in LAN

CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!! [​IMG]

First time EVER I think I've had Windows Networking that actually WORKS straight out of the box -- no probs sharing from / to LINUX via SAMBA either.

Finally Ms -- the CU edition looks like a decent Windows product !!!!

Incidentally the FREE upgrade is still working if you've old TechNet keys etc -- used 2 Windows 8 keys for activation on 2 machines and already had a digital licence for the 3rd. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Neeveew Win User

Defender not working in Win10, virus

It probably failed the reset cus missing files, try creating usb or dvd install disk and try clean install.

Neeveew, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Windows-10 Creators Update. v1703 Loss of Internet Access

Have a similar problem ever since W10 CU install ~6 months ago. Sometimes I have Ethernet after booting, sometimes I don't. It appears like a race-condition in the process of establishing network connectivity after power on/reboot/wake from Sleep. This
    might reflect a race condition CU caused, or a latent race condition in W7 that CU exposed.

MS initially provided me a script to run and capture event since I can reproduce it, but didn't respond to the datafile I provided. Very frustrating to not get a response.

Unfortunately, I'm left to manage it by manually putting my computer in Sleep mode, then immediately wake it. This has a high percentage of success and takes less time than a reboot. Once network connectivity is establish, it never drops until the computer
    goes into Sleep or power off.

Same HW never experienced this problem when running W7, or W10 (until CU installed).

FirstLastUSA, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Same here, I did a clean install of Creators update & spotlight is now working, everything working well.

Bastet, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

1. CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!! - Similar Threads - edition Clean install

2. Finally installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finally installed: A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TOOK THE TIME TO PROVIDE ME WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE. I WISH EVERYONE A HEALTHY AND SAFE NEW YEAR WITH MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES...
  3. Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.: So I reinstalled Windows 10 with a clean install. Network is connected and showing that its connected to the internet however I use it and it just doesn't work. Any suggestions?...
  4. Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.: So I reinstalled Windows 10 with a clean install. Network is connected and showing that its connected to the internet however I use it and it just doesn't work. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345: Hello! Probably I'm setting up something wrong and at this point I ran out of options. This will be little convoluted. After I reboot my PC1(ROCKET) and PC2(DESKTOP-3) PC1 is seeing only PC2 (DESKTOP-3) in the File explorer. It doesn't see itself. [ATTACH] Using...
  7. Clean installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation problems: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 onto my SSD. When I boot my ISO off the flash drive I get to where I have to select to storage device and sometimes it says the compatibility is wrong and sometimes it's fine I've tried swapping them between GPT and MBR as well...
  8. Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition

Windows 10 clean install problem re: Edition: After reading various articles I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 as opposed to an upgrade. I went to Windows and downloaded and installed Media Creation Tool. No problem with either but when I ran the program it showed a space to select what edition of...
  9. Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released?

Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released?: Hi everyone, I'm just wondering as googling didn't turn up much, but does anyone know if you go to the 10 tech preview, will you have to do a clean install/reformat once the final version is release? Or will you simply just 'upgrade' or 'update'. I've been unable to find...
  10. clean install problems

clean install problems: Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7 home,did I download wrong...