Windows 10: CU OOBE in Hyper-V

Discus and support CU OOBE in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I recently did a clean install of 10 PRO N in a vm and I was initially surprised that the oobe was the original AU style oobe ie no Cortana. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Apr 25, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

CU OOBE in Hyper-V

I recently did a clean install of 10 PRO N in a vm and I was initially surprised that the oobe was the original AU style oobe ie no Cortana.

I wondered if this had to do something with being an N version but I later realised it must be because Hyper-V only has a sound interface in enhanced mode and enhanced mode does not kick in immediately?

So I am wondering when does enhanced mode actually kick in eg after user logs in?

:)

cereberus, Apr 25, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 Creators Edition appears to be very buggy

I've had the CU for a week now. Also on a Dell (ancient desktop.) CU works great, no complaints. I would recommend it to anyone, particularly if they want more control over updates. I also appreciate Hyper-V Quick Create.

BulldogXX, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Constant High CPU Usage from System, ICS, Firewall, CoreMessaging and Filter Motor

Folks i had te same issue, solved by removing Hyper-V feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Roberto Rodrigues, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

CU OOBE in Hyper-V

During install, Standard mode is used all the way to the first login after installing. If you reboot after that, it will go to enhanced on the next boot. You may be able to choose enhanced (I haven't checked, it's usually easier to reboot) after you've been logged in, but that will require you to log in again anyways.

Mystere, Apr 25, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - pretty much as I expected. I guess this does not apply to vbox/vmware vms as they would not have his issue?

I am a great fan of Hyper-V but the basic and enhanced modes are Hyper-V's biggest weakness e.g. you cannot get sound on a Home VM.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CU OOBE in Hyper-V

1. CU OOBE in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - OOBE Hyper

2. Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SevoosMinecraft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bjgn7x/windows_10_on_fat16_postoobe_uwp_working/
  3. OOBE errors and error 800705b4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OOBE errors and error 800705b4: I have a new Dell desk top and I am starting it for the first time, it shows and error of OOBElanguage, then a OOBEkeyboard error and each time I try again the same thing happens if I skip it all and get to the sign up page and put in all my details it says "something went...
  4. OOBE errors and error 800705b4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OOBE errors and error 800705b4: I have a new Dell desk top and I am starting it for the first time, it shows and error of OOBElanguage, then a OOBEkeyboard error and each time I try again the same thing happens if I skip it all and get to the sign up page and put in all my details it says "something went...
  5. Is OOBE broker supposed to continue Running after Installing Windows 11 23h2?.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is OOBE broker supposed to continue Running after Installing Windows 11 23h2?.: I see the OOBE broker running on Windows 11 in task manager, and I am logged into My Microsoft Account after not having Wi-Fi during the OOBE Flow setup and using the bypass to continue the setup. and downloading drivers from a convenient USB flash drive I had and logging...
  6. Is OOBE broker supposed to continue Running after Installing Windows 11 23h2?.

Is OOBE broker supposed to continue Running after Installing Windows 11 23h2?.: I see the OOBE broker running on Windows 11 in task manager, and I am logged into My Microsoft Account after not having Wi-Fi during the OOBE Flow setup and using the bypass to continue the setup. and downloading drivers from a convenient USB flash drive I had and logging...
  7. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  8. Restart PC during Windows OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart PC during Windows OOBE: I just reserved my computer and got to the OOBE setup and I noticed that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work I don't have external mouse's and keyboards aswell, can I turn off my PC safely and turn on at the OOBE the next start up?...
  9. Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE: I am installing Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 to a 512GB NVMe SSD via USB on a new Dell Precision 3660 tower. The installation proceeds as normal, first copying installation files to the NVMe, restarting, doing the spinning dot churn for setting up the system, and another...
  10. Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE

Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 hangs after fresh install just before OOBE: I am installing Windows Hyper-V Server Core 2019 to a 512GB NVMe SSD via USB on a new Dell Precision 3660 tower. The installation proceeds as normal, first copying installation files to the NVMe, restarting, doing the spinning dot churn for setting up the system, and another...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8007042b hyperv

2. windows 10 oobe errors under hyper-v