Windows 10: View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10

Discus and support View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 How to View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10

How to: View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10

How to View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now view detailed information about your display(s).

Most of the information should be self-explanatory, but here are a couple of pieces that you might want more detail on:
    • Desktop resolution vs active signal resolution - Typically, your desktop resolution and your active signal resolution will be identical. To provide a smoother experience, Windows prefers to keep your display running at its native signal resolution. If you change your display resolution, you may see a difference between your desktop resolution and your active signal resolution.
    • The mysterious 59 Hz refresh rate - Display enthusiasts may remember this conversation from the Windows 7 days. You may see 59 Hz listed as your refresh rate even though you have set it to 60 Hz, but rest assured that this is by design for monitors and TVs that report only 59.94 Hz but not 60 Hz. Learn more about it here.
    This tutorial will show you how to view detailed information about your connected display(s) in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Display on the left side, and click/tap on the Advanced display settings link towards the bottom of the right side. (see screenshot below)

View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. You will now see detailed display information for each display you have connected. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, you will now have a drop menu to select a display when you have multiple displays.

View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2017

2. How to make details view default view for windows 10?

How do get rid of the icons and make detail view the default view on my windows 10 desktop? The following article suggests that using ctrl+shift+6 will do this, but I have been unsuccessful in getting this key sequence to work.

Set Details, Content or List view for Desktop icons in Windows 10

Is it possible to show details view only or not?

thanks for any help.

Paul

paulsutherland1, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Zardoc Win User

Windows 10 Aniv (or older) Search Details view setting not persistent

Hi MyTen,

Thanks for the post. *Wink

You changed the generic.SearchResults.
    Did you create HKROOT and HKLM keys?

I don't have them.

Unfortunately, since libraries aren't folders but XML, I can't seem to find were to set view. Only remembers per folder not sub folders included.

LogicalViewMode | Value | Description
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Details | 1 | Details view
    Tiles | 2 | Tiles view
    Icons | 3 | Icons view
    List | 4 | List view (Windows 7 and later)
    Content | 5 | Content view (Windows 7 and later)

Mode | Value | Description
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Icon | 1 | Medium-size icons
    Small icon | 2 | Small icons (seems unused)
    List | 3 | Object names are displayed in a list view
    Details | 4 | Object names and other selected information are shown
    Thumbnail | 5 | Thumbnail icons
    Tiles | 6 | Large icons
    Thumbstrip | 7 | Display icons in a filmstrip format (XP only)
    Content | 8 | Content mode (Windows 7 and later)

Zardoc, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Detailed Display

2. Windows 10 Installed Update Extended Fields Won't Display in "Details" View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Installed Update Extended Fields Won't Display in "Details" View: I have two CPUs running Windows 10 Pro with all of the latest updates. The Envy CPU won't display the extended fields under Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features> Installed Updates, but the 8930 will see below images. How do I get the Envy to show the extended...
  3. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  4. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  5. View Windows Version information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Windows Version information: I know this should be simple but how can I see the version of Windows 10 installed on my computer? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-windows-version-information/7aa15746-63c7-410f-bfc4-4c1408cf8fdc
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer details view: I want Windows 10 File Explorer to always show detail view, without regard to the file types. I want the default view, for any and all drives (local, thumb drives, USB drives, DVDs, etc), to be detail view. No matter what type file, the view should always be details, even...
  7. missing information in the details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    missing information in the details pane: As the title says, all of a sudden i have missing file info in the details pane, i have a lot of digital media and usually when i click on it it shows me every from its name to audio type, date modified etc..all of a sudden it no longer shows me what audio, chapters or...
  8. View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10: How to: View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 How to View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  9. View User Account Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View User Account Details in Windows 10: How to: View User Account Details in Windows 10 How to View Full Details of All User Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to quickly view full details about all user accounts on your Windows 10 PC. The full details of user...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344