Windows 10: Cumulative Updates And System Protection

Discus and support Cumulative Updates And System Protection in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Following Cumulative Updates I always check that System Protection is On for both (OS) (C:) (System) and Image. The last Windows Restore Point is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wiley Coyote, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Cumulative Updates And System Protection

Following Cumulative Updates I always check that System Protection is On for both (OS) (CCumulative Updates And System Protection :) (System) and Image. The last Windows Restore Point is 06/12/2018. With the last two Cumulative Updates my Desktop Machine has not made a Restore Point before or after the Update. It's easy enough to manually creat a point, but I'd like to have the system function properly as it has in the past. How do I fix this one?

Thank you for looking, and your help is appreciated.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Jun 27, 2018

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jun 27, 2018
  3. bgw2go Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444)

Navneet Anand,

I ended up having to use the nuclear option and restore my computer using a System Image Backup. I downloaded the updates from the catalog as suggested and tried installing them one
    at a time. Installing the updates manually, I have determined that the Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081441) is my issue as the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444) installed correctly.

So I am officially stuck. I have tried the steps you suggested to resolve this issue without success. Further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

bgw2go, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Nikilet Win User

Cumulative Updates And System Protection

System Protection in April update

I notice in the System Properties/System Protection it lists "System" under available drives and system protection is turned off for this. (It's turned on for my C drive.)

Should system protection also be turned on for System?

Nikilet, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Cumulative Updates And System Protection

1. Cumulative Updates And System Protection - Similar Threads - Cumulative Updates System

2. System protection not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System protection not available: Trying to restore pc but getting message System protection only available in online operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-protection-not-available/2b1cf681-83d4-4748-b43c-9f6d9188c338
  3. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  4. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  5. Windows Cumulative Updates caused system failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Cumulative Updates caused system failure: I recently had an update be forced through on my dell inspiron that caused my hard drive to no longer be found on the computer and has caused me to lose all of my online classwork for my college and is going to lead to me falling so far behind that i cant catch up now. The...
  6. System Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Protection: This is what I see in part of the System Protection menu: [ATTACH] What to do with the 2 folders Win 10 Pro 64-bit C: Missing and why do they appear in the list? Willy...
  7. When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.292) x64 After running Windows Update to get the latest patches, I found that it had downloaded two versions of 2019-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version...
  8. System Protection ON/OFF differences in Feature updates

System Protection ON/OFF differences in Feature updates: Opinions please. Sometimes I’d like to be able to explain to people I help as to what’s going on. For those whose computers need System Protection to be turned ON, it’s confusing them as to why. Is there rhyme or reason or technicalities as to how it’s determined that some...
  9. System Protection in April update

System Protection in April update: I notice in the System Properties/System Protection it lists "System" under available drives and system protection is turned off for this. (It's turned on for my C drive.) Should system protection also be turned on for System? 109262
  10. Anniversary Update switches off System Protection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anniversary Update switches off System Protection: This post is just to let people know something I found after doing the AU. If there is a better place to post it, please feel free to move it. When checking I noticed that my Restore Points have all been deleted and System Restore has been reset to OFF. If you want to use...