Windows 10: cumulative updates download but won't install

Discus and support cumulative updates download but won't install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zenchi, Jul 27, 2018.

1. zenchi Win User

cumulative updates download but won't install

couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it.
    did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube, etc. and nothing works. my entire system checks out fine with log collector, but the only error i can find concerning the failure is from the ReportingEvents.log: 80070bc9 UpdateOrchestrator Failure. so i don't know what gives. at least they are downloading, which is a first for me. manual updates produce an error as well. i've never been able to get cumulative updates on either my desktop or laptop. everything else in win 10 is fine now that i fixed the freezing error.
    desktop: Intel Core i5 4670K Haswell
    RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
    Gigabyte Motherboard Z87M-D3H
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
    232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
    465GB Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 (SATA)

this behaviour is the same on my laptop which is an older Asus sandy bridge 8G ram Samsung 840 EVO.
    neither have be able to install the cumulative updates, but other patches succeeded. the commonality is the sammy's.
    so, outside of the usual solutions which have not worked, anything outside the box? i am wondering about the ssd's and if i should try something else. i haven't seen online, any issues with samsung and windows 10.
    help is appreciated. sorry for the verbosity!

:)

zenchi, Jul 27, 2018

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jul 27, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Maybe try with the Windows update mini-tool, found here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...dows-10-automatic-updates-and-spyware.218745/ , thanks to Mussels. it installed perfectly for me last night.

rtwjunkie, Jul 27, 2018
  4. cumulative updates download but won't install

Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

cumulative updates download but won't install

1. cumulative updates download but won't install - Similar Threads - cumulative updates download

2. Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update: Hello, Windows Update automatically installs Cumulative Update, and now it wants me to restart. The problem is I can't. I clicked the restart blue button on the setting. Didn't work. I tried from the start option. Didn't work. I tried using DISM and Scannow, and nothing was...
  3. Cumulative update KB5031455 won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update KB5031455 won't install: Tried everything DISM and SFC and Windows Update Troubleshooter and it still won't install. I'll just skip this one. When the install fails, and Windows fixes itit's a while before you're up and running again....
  4. Cumulative update KB5031455 won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update KB5031455 won't install: Tried everything DISM and SFC and Windows Update Troubleshooter and it still won't install. I'll just skip this one. When the install fails, and Windows fixes itit's a while before you're up and running again....
  5. Windows Cumulative Update Won't Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cumulative Update Won't Install: 2023-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5026368Install error - 0x800f09222023-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5022730Install error - 0x800f0922I've tried everything to get these updates to install,...
  6. Windows Cumulative Update Won't Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cumulative Update Won't Install: 2023-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5026368Install error - 0x800f09222023-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5022730Install error - 0x800f0922I've tried everything to get these updates to install,...
  7. Windows Cumulative Update Won't Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Update Won't Install Cumulative Updates

Windows Update Won't Install Cumulative Updates: This has been going on since 1709 I'm on 1809 now! My PC just refuses to install cumulative updates always with an error of 0x80070246. Every other update will install fine. Here's everything I've done so far: Tried Different Antivirus Programs: AVG, AVAST, Kaspersky,...
  9. Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates': Hello, for the last three 'Cumulative Updates' I have brought up the Check for Updates facility, and requested Updates. Usually, several updates appear, one of which is the 'Cumulative Updates (KB...……)'. These last 3 times with the Cumulative Updates 'file', the Preparing to...
  10. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cumulative updates wont install

2. kb4497936 preparing

3. windows wont install cumulative update

4. why can i not download cumulative updates,
  5. windows phone downloads but wont update,
  6. cumulative updates wont install after kb4132216,
  7. windows 10 cumulative updates wont install