Windows 10: Curious about drives in Macrium

Discus and support Curious about drives in Macrium in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Curious about drives in Macrium

I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard drives, one SSD with Windows on (500 gb) and one secondary HD (3 TB). Drive letters C and H. Plus a Card reader internally built in and DVD drive. But I don't really understand why these extra ones. Macrium images them all just fine and everything works as expected but these just got me wondering why they are present.

Curious about drives in Macrium [​IMG]

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 7, 2016
  2. Beradax Win User

Curious about MSHTA.exe download

Tried running it through Virustotal but nothing coming up found on it. File has to be installed already for it to scan it and I'm not comfortable removing the block on it since it accesses my computers powershell

Beradax, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Curious about the changing screen

Hi Joan,

Thank you for the update.

Please try to follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

Step 1: DISM scan.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe),
    PEimg, and Intlcfg tools. DISM consolidates the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Please follow the given steps to run a DISM scan:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open
    Administrator Command prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If the issue persists, please follow the below step.

Step 2: Clean boot.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

DISCLAIMER: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Curious about drives in Macrium

These are partitions not drives. They are normal hidden partitions required for booting Windows and recovery. You have two recovery partitions at the end of drive 1 since you have probably upgraded from Windows 8.1? It is possible to delete the unused one if you really know what you are doing but the storage freed is minimal. You need to image all of these partitions to be able to recover Windows. You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to explore the content of these hidden partitions.

For more information see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...ive-partitions

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
  5. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'll just leave it all alone since they are doing no harm. It all just looked strange. The machine was received from manufacturer with Windows 10 pre installed so I've never upgraded but maybe the extra recovery partition is a legacy of the two major Windows 10 updates that have happened since that time in November 2015 and the recent anniversary update.

Scottyboy99, Sep 7, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 7, 2016
  7. Thank you Cliff, that's much appreciated

Scottyboy99, Sep 7, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

You're welcome.*Smile
    It's the easiest & safest way to do it, just a little time consuming.

Cliff S, Sep 7, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    That would work, but an essential first step is to backup the PC first!

I have two recovery partitions at the end of the disk like the OP. I've used Minitool Partition Wizard (MPW) to explore these and I've worked out which is the old recovery partition. I then plan to delete the old recovery partition and use MPW to move the new recovery partition to the end of the drive and expand drive C to use the free space. I wish MS had a tool to sort out their old system partitions!

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Curious about drives in Macrium - Similar Threads - Curious drives Macrium

2. I am just curious about these.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am just curious about these.: I. Why did MS said to love Linux? In my opinion, they just said it to migrate to Linux to Windows because of WSL, and make them buy their products, than simply love open source. I used WSL, but things like Libre is slow, but MS office 2010 is faster. I have used other ones,...
  3. About Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    About Macrium Reflect: Hello, Today while running Macrium to make system full backup, I noticed that a third disk (G) is Red. As far as I can remember, it was always Blue like the others. The disk is fine, everything on it is readable. Can somebody tell me why its red ? Attached screenshot. Note:...
  4. About Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    About Macrium Reflect: Hello, Today while running Macrium to make system full backup, I noticed that a third disk (G) is Red. As far as I can remember, it was always Blue like the others. The disk is fine, everything on it is readable. Can somebody tell me why its red ? Attached screenshot. Note:...
  5. curious about cut versus move

in Windows 10 Support
    curious about cut versus move: I have noticed that on large files move seems to be quicker that cut. I am curious what happens "under the hood". My best guess is that move creates a symbolic link without moving the file, and cut makes a new copy and deletes the old one. Am I anywhere near correct? If not,...
  6. Curious about Workgroups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about Workgroups: Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly;...
  7. Curious about this

Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  8. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  9. Curious about Audio Drivers...

Curious about Audio Drivers...: Hi guys, I'm just wondering, AMD installed their audio drivers together with software however should I replace it with Realtek Drivers? I wonder if I should download it from realtek website (2017) or motherboard website (2015) or windows website (2019) submitted by...
  10. Curious about Win 10 installs

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious about Win 10 installs: Is there a difference between a full install of Win 10 and the free upgrade? What I'm trying to ask is, once its installed, can you tell what you have? 15289