Windows 10: Curious...

Discus and support Curious... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm waiting to see if the new users of Windows 9 still get themselves into trouble as they did with all the other Windows OS's. *Tongue Hopefully,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jacee, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Jacee Win User

Curious...

I'm waiting to see if the new users of Windows 9 still get themselves into trouble as they did with all the other Windows OS's. *Tongue

Hopefully, {some} have learned through time, to be vigilant about security. *Wink

:)

Jacee, Aug 31, 2014
  2. JoanH319 Win User

Curious

I was wondering if there is a way to Delete multiple emails in Win. 10 in AOL, gmail, Outlook & AT&T/Yahoo, as I used to do in Win. 7 & XP ?

Don't see one so far. Also is there a way to Delete or Save Spam so it isn't mixed in w/ good mail?

So far I like Win. 10 but just noticed these 2 items.

Thank you,

Joan Hicks

P.S. I am an 80 yr old who enjoys being able to use a PC, it fascinates me. Have used one since '03.

JoanH319, Aug 31, 2014
  3. JoanH319 Win User
    Curious

Curious about if there is a Spam Setting for my emails as I had in Win. 7. Is there?

JoanH319, Aug 31, 2014
  4. Curious...

Jacee.
    It sure won't be me.
    If Nine doesn't have some bang for the buck I will skip that OS like I did with 8-8.1.

I can get into trouble without messing with a new OS.

The Howling Wolves, Aug 31, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    They will be Nine times as likely to be lazy about security. Hopefully MS will build more in.

A Guy, Aug 31, 2014
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    Sometimes I think people just never learn...

Chuck38, Aug 31, 2014
  7. richc46 Win User
    I think experience shows shows that human nature does not change. I think that most users will be just as vigilant as they were with XP thru 8.

richc46, Aug 31, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Curious...

Good point, richc46. *Thumbs

Chuck38, Aug 31, 2014
  9. Jacee Win User
    Sounds depressing, doesn't it? *Sad

Jacee, Aug 31, 2014
  10. richc46 Win User
    Sounds very depressing, but not surprising.

richc46, Sep 1, 2014
  11. Stephanie Win User
    Looking on a brighter side new members hopefully will pick up security ideas reading posts that have been posted by current members *Smile

Stephanie, Sep 1, 2014
  12. We can hope, but some never learn. It will be interesting watching how things develop.*Smile

Joan Archer, Sep 1, 2014
  13. A Guy Win User

Curious...

Security isn't "sexy", maybe if it had angry birds. Even businesses don't see it as a benefit...until they have issues...

A Guy, Sep 2, 2014
  14. Gary Win User
    I always have relied on third party security programs. Using MS's security is akin to have the Fox guard the hen house.
    Curious... [​IMG]

15. CountMike New Member
    Funny how some people look at AVs and other security. Most are asking for an AV that is "Lite on resources", "Doesn't bather me all the time" "Doesn't go checking everything" and "Doesn't get in between me and downloads and installations", so how is it going to do it's job than ? It has to intercept downloads, archives and installations or internet pages, otherwise it's doing NOTHING and may not even be there. Most that can be done about it is to hide it's actions but still has to be there between you and malware. Avast, for instance have a "Game mode", with which it doesn't announce updates etc. can be set to default action (mine is "move to Chest") but it's still doing everything I set it to do. Every now and than I do full scan and check size and contents of chest and find few items there but let it's maintenance keep it at certain size. I feel quite comfortable with it setup that way.

CountMike, Sep 17, 2014
Thema:

Curious...

1. Curious... - Similar Threads - Curious

2. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  3. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  4. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I feel curious when I turn off windows xp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I feel curious when I turn off windows xp: Guys I want to ask why I had updates everytime I shuts the windows xp??I didn't even install any updates,not even a viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-curious-when-i-turn-off-windows-xp/4e548569-8a5d-40b8-a1ba-c498ba2d0a7e
  6. I feel curious when I turn off windows xp

I feel curious when I turn off windows xp: Guys I want to ask why I had updates everytime I shuts the windows xp??I didn't even install any updates,not even a viruses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-curious-when-i-turn-off-windows-xp/4e548569-8a5d-40b8-a1ba-c498ba2d0a7e
  7. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  8. I am just curious.

I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  9. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Curious question about Old OEM Keys on Windows XP

Curious question about Old OEM Keys on Windows XP: My first PC was in October 2002 I as a curious question about OEM Keys I basically got my question answered I understand there tied to the motherboard and doesn’t matter often you use the PC or how long you leave the PC off for you’ll still receive updates. But this time its...