Windows 10: Current Reflect Home Free or $?

Discus and support Current Reflect Home Free or $? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been using the free version for a couple of years now. Have any of the version 7 paid features incentivized folks to move from free to paid home?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by markg2, Feb 21, 2018.

1. markg2 Win User

Current Reflect Home Free or $?

I've been using the free version for a couple of years now. Have any of the version 7 paid features incentivized folks to move from free to paid home?

Mark

:)

markg2, Feb 21, 2018
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 21, 2018
  3. What hard drive clone software works with Windows 10

I use Acronis True Image Home 2016 and Macrium Reflect 6 Free.

Cbarnhorst, Feb 21, 2018
  4. RolandJS Win User

Even though my computers have and use the pay-for MR7, I think most users will be just fine with the free version.

RolandJS, Feb 21, 2018
  5. markg2 Win User
    Two things--

I found this feature interesting: 'Create a running VM of a Macrium Reflect image in seconds'. Does this mean that Reflect includes VM software and that instead of just mounting explorer files of an image you could actually run the image 'next door' to your current OS as a virtual machine?

When setting up "Add recovery boot menu options", the default option is No Menu. Although I've searched Macrium I cannot confirm that the last entry, the PE environment #10 is the correct choice for Windows 10?

Mark

markg2, Feb 21, 2018
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    No, it does not not, but you can convert a Reflect image to a VM:

Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image Windows 10 Tutorials

If you have a 64-bit OS, yes, #10 is fine. The #s indicate the PE environment versions, #10=Windows 10, #5=Windows 8.x or 7, and so on...

I have the licensed version of MR 7.1 for two reasons. One is the email notification for the backup success/failure and the other is password protecting the image backup files.

But I agree with RolandJS, for most people the free version is is just fine...

Cr00zng, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Current Reflect Home Free or $? - Similar Threads - Current Reflect Home

2. RollbackRx Home or Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    RollbackRx Home or Macrium Reflect Free: I have used Rollback Rx before and really liked it until the day that it basically ate my laptop. I have heard a lot about Macrium Reflect on this board and it sounds good. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two programs? They sound basically the same. Has...
  3. RollbackRx Home or Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RollbackRx Home or Macrium Reflect Free: I have used Rollback Rx before and really liked it until the day that it basically ate my laptop. I have heard a lot about Macrium Reflect on this board and it sounds good. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two programs? They sound basically the same. Has...
  4. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  5. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  6. macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free

macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free: Macrium Reflect for Home Use I was looking at this home edition but, wanted to get some opinions vs the free edition as I plan to upgrade motherboards later on and would like to use the saved image I have the free v6 now. Thanks! *Smile 11952
  7. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310