Windows 10: Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag

Discus and support Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When creating a new email, editing document, the cursor blinks so fast as if someone is pressing the f5 refresh key repeatedly. Another issue is lag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sopher, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Sopher Win User

Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag

When creating a new email, editing document, the cursor blinks so fast as if someone is pressing the f5 refresh key repeatedly.

Another issue is lag time in typing. Even typing this new post, The characters don't show up as I type, but then eventually do.

running: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (i7/8/256gb-ssd)
    Win10 TP 9926

:)

Sopher, Mar 3, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Why does my cursor keep blinking?

The cursor has been blinking ever since DOS. That's how you easily know where keystrokes will be entered.

I'll bet there are people here who remember blinking cursors even from before DOS.

You can change the blink speed and even stop blinking altogether, if decades of computing tradition mean nothing to you, in Control Panel > Keyboard > Speed tab > Cursor blink rate.

P.S. In DOS the cursor was a blinking box.

BulldogXX, Mar 3, 2015
  3. CLOUDXXXX Win User
    Mouse cursor problem

I have come across a frustrating issue where my mouse will blink rapidly as I move it across the screen but what weirder is that there is a mouse cursor inside a circle on my desktop that I can't seem to figure out how to remove

Any help to remove this random issue would be appreciated thanks

CLOUDXXXX, Mar 3, 2015
  4. Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag

Check your Keyboard properties in Control Panel.

Adjust the values until you find a best fit for you.

Cursor Blinks/Refreshes  rapidly & keystroke lag [​IMG]

Slartybart, Mar 3, 2015
  5. Sopher Win User
    No dice.

The cursor alternates very rapidly between a regular edit cursor | and the WIndows small blue circle. Plus the sporadic delay of the keyboard buffer.

It's as if Win10 is refreshing the screen many times per second or its searching for something or its saving something.

It happens in word, Outlook 2010 and outlook 2013 ( I downgraded from 2013 to 2010).
    Wordpad seems ok.

Sopher, Mar 3, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    Try looking at Event Viewer for errors that repeat frequently.
    Also try looking at Task Manager and Resource Monitor for repeating/high usage events

Try DISM/SFC:
    Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth[/quote] Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: Repair a Windows Image

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.
    [/quote] Try a Refresh of the system (it'll probably require reinstalling Office).

usasma, Mar 6, 2015
  7. Just to confim ... this issue only affects MS Office applications?

You might be on to something - what is the autosave frequency in Office - change it even it if seems reasonable. Development code doesn't always 'see' the value until it is nudged (changed).

Have you tried the Office preview releases available on the Store (beta)? Same issue?

Slartybart, Mar 7, 2015
  8. Sopher Win User

I thought i had this licked. Still no dice. If any part of MS prodcts come up as not yet activated, I had a theory that this was causing it when the app tries to phone home. cured those ills, and after two days it came back. I have confirmed its issolated to MSoffice Outlook and Word. Doesn't matter if Office 2010 or 2013. It make new email in outlook nearly impossible.

Sopher, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag - Similar Threads - Cursor Blinks Refreshes

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. Mouse & Keyboard Lagging - Cursor blinks very rapidly for a few seconds, keyboard input delays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse & Keyboard Lagging - Cursor blinks very rapidly for a few seconds, keyboard input delays: This has been a very frustrating problem for me to diagnose because it could be caused by SO many different things. This started about a week ago. I first noticed it after I charged my keyboard because the battery was low. I noticed afterwards that while I was typing, the...
  4. Taskbar blinks/refresh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar blinks/refresh: When I put my pointer on the task bar opened apps like chrome or a game it usually show a mini window of that specific app,but now when i do that the task bar blinks or kind of refresh itself. Is there any solution for that? submitted by /u/AntiGoi [link] [comments]...
  5. Cortana Lag on Initial Keystroke

in Cortana
    Cortana Lag on Initial Keystroke: Cortana lags on the initial keystroke. System is a Windows 10 Huawei Matebook. I reported this to a Microsoft agent during an online chat with an MS agent. He advised me that it would be an issue with the hardware and I must contact the hardware vendor. I advised him...
  6. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  7. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Keystroke Lag in Gmail.

in Browsers and Email
    Keystroke Lag in Gmail.: I am using new HP computer with W10 and am experiencing slow keystroke response when composing a message in Gmail. I did not encounter this problem with previous computers. Any ideas? 67811
  10. Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del: I am having a problem that- after the huge problem I had some weeks ago- have made me worried. My pc is a panasonic notebook running windows 10. It is connected to a power plug that is somehow special- I don't know if that is the problem or not. (the plug disconnects...