Windows 10: Cursor Disappears roughly 5 seconds- cant type until it returns.

Discus and support Cursor Disappears roughly 5 seconds- cant type until it returns. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok for about 3 days now when I am typing no matter where or what program I am using my cursor will disappear for roughly 5 seconds and while it is gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artislee, Jul 4, 2017.

1. artislee Win User

Cursor Disappears roughly 5 seconds- cant type until it returns.

Ok for about 3 days now when I am typing no matter where or what program I am using my cursor will disappear for roughly 5 seconds and while it is gone I can't type or anything but as soon as it comes back all is normal. I noticed that when it does occur the tab I am working in gets un-highlighted around the edges like I clicked on another tab(I'm not sure what the name for that is sorry) I tried the mouse settings and the "hide cursor while typing" box isn't checked. I have uninstalled every new piece of software I installed and went through Microsoft support for 3 hours just for them to do an in place install/upgrade which the guy said he knew would fix it because it has to be corrupted system file somewhere. Well it didn't fix it and I don't want to chat with support for another afternoon and I can't find any solutions when I search so please any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

artislee, Jul 4, 2017

2. Cursor disappeared

My cursor has disappeared on the lock screen and i cant type the password and i cant log in please help

Gurchran singh, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Typing issues Windows 10

Thanks again.

The computer is fully protected with ESET. The problem only started after a Windows update.

When I get the problem and letters start to miss I can wait for 20-30 seconds then re-start typing and it is fine so cannot be the actual keyboard. If I try to work through it and keep typing the issue continues.

Sometimes find things OK until I use the return key, drop down a line then problem re-starts.

When it's a problem I can hold down the backspace or delete key to get back to rectify the

mis-spelling and the cursor will move in jerks, hesitating at times.

It's like there is a delay between the keyboard and the screen.

Occasionally I can try to type a letter, press the letter key 5-6 times then eventually 3 or 4 letters will appear but delayed by about 5 seconds.

Strangely typed this quite quickly.

Clive

Clive Dibben, Jul 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please check what happens in Safe Mode.
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

What sort of mouse are you using? Can you try a different one/ different type?

Another suggestion in the 3rd post here:
    Mouse cursor disappears in any dialogue or text box or document - Microsoft Community

Did you receive an update when just before you noticed this problem?

What is your Windows build?
    (Windows key + R, winver)

dalchina, Jul 4, 2017
  5. artislee Win User
    Thanks for the response dalchina, I have winver 1703 build# 15063.413 and currently I am using a blackweb brand wireless Bluetooth mouse but I have tried using the wired mouse that originally came with my Dell Inspiron 3650 and it still does the same with either mouse. Now as to the updates I don't recall an update around the time this started but then again I usually don't notice when it updates since I left it set to automatically do so. I tried booting into safe mode and it didn't do while in safe mode but I can't put a lot of stock in that because it currently isn't doing it now(booted up normally) but it will start eventually and when it does it just doesn't stop. Oh and the mouse pointer options was the first thing I tried and the box isn't checked.

artislee, Jul 4, 2017
  6. robgr Win User
    Run the Task manager and see if anything is stalling the PC (look at mem. & CPU usage)

robgr, Jul 4, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    The 3rd post I mentioned was this:
    - the page contains what you have tried but perhaps you didn't really see the 3rd post?

You can check your Update History for the list of updates and see if one was received when this started.

When it recurs, retry in Safe Mode.
    You can also try after a clean boot.
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    part 1

- the objective being to find a situation in which this doesn't occur, then identify the cause.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor Disappears roughly 5 seconds- cant type until it returns. - Similar Threads - Cursor Disappears roughly

2. Cursor is disappearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is disappearing on second monitor: I am working on a laptop with an additional monitor and my cursor is disappearing only on the second monitor and specifically only in areas where I can type. For example: OneNote, sticky notes, and this text box that I am currently typing in. The cursor appears everywhere...
  3. Cursor is disappearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is disappearing on second monitor: I am working on a laptop with an additional monitor and my cursor is disappearing only on the second monitor and specifically only in areas where I can type. For example: OneNote, sticky notes, and this text box that I am currently typing in. The cursor appears everywhere...
  4. Why does the cursor not disappear when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the cursor not disappear when typing: It drives me crazy that 1 I have to click on a text field to start typing in it and 2 that the mouse cursor doesn't disappear while I'm typing. So I have to first click the text field and then I have to remember to move the mouse away from the text field before I start...
  5. Why does the cursor not disappear when typing

Why does the cursor not disappear when typing: It drives me crazy that 1 I have to click on a text field to start typing in it and 2 that the mouse cursor doesn't disappear while I'm typing. So I have to first click the text field and then I have to remember to move the mouse away from the text field before I start...
  6. Notepad.exe Typing Cursor Insertion Point, not Mouse Disappears after 12 Seconds of Not Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad.exe Typing Cursor Insertion Point, not Mouse Disappears after 12 Seconds of Not Typing: Yesterday, my Notepad.exe started hiding as in disappears and is no longer visible the insertion point if I stop typing for 12 seconds or longer.If I stop typing, the insertion point will flash for exactly five seconds, then become solid for exactly seven seconds, and then...
  7. Notepad.exe Typing Cursor Insertion Point, not Mouse Disappears after 12 Seconds of Not Typing

Notepad.exe Typing Cursor Insertion Point, not Mouse Disappears after 12 Seconds of Not Typing: Yesterday, my Notepad.exe started hiding as in disappears and is no longer visible the insertion point if I stop typing for 12 seconds or longer.If I stop typing, the insertion point will flash for exactly five seconds, then become solid for exactly seven seconds, and then...
  8. Cursor disappears and Cannot Type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor disappears and Cannot Type: I have a Lenovo Yoga, running Windows 10. Yesterday my cursor repeatedly disappeared. I was able to use the touch screen, but unable to type anything – like I’m suddenly plunged into tablet mode. Several times a pop-up window appeared asking if I wanted to switch to tablet...
  9. cursor returns to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor returns to default: hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-returns-to-default/151e0e64-169a-407e-aa83-a686b5ab53c1
  10. Roughly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roughly: Can anyone please tell me roughly how long a clean install of Windows 10 will take. I did the upgrade a while ago but now wish to do a clean install and am wondering how long I am likely to be without my email whilst doing it. Many thanks. 34374