Windows 10: Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube

Discus and support Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks: Recently I have bought a computer with a license for Windows 10. Properties of the PC can be seen at the image below. [img] But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by malenna, Dec 11, 2015.

1. malenna Win User

Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube

Hi folks:

Recently I have bought a computer with a license for Windows 10. Properties of the PC can be seen at the image below.

Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube [​IMG]

But here's the problem: my mouse and keyboard completely stop responding after I run a youtube/vk/vimeo video or any website with flash or streaming audio. When the tab with youtube or similar site gets closed, the keyboard resumes typing and cursor moves as usual.

Maybe anyone here has a solution? Thanks!*Wink

:)

malenna, Dec 11, 2015
  2. 0711GIG Win User

My Laptop freezes but my mouse pointer is moving in Windows 10

Hi again. I checked from the website of Acer the specific BIOS update for my laptop and it turns out there are 5 updates of it. It has a warning as you can see and I am too afraid to install the updates because of the risk. I want to ask you if is it because
    my BIOS version is outdated that is why my laptop freezes or the system freezes while the mouse cursor is moving? It irritates me especially when I'm browsing the internet or watching in Youtube. When I'm watching in Youtube the screen freezes but I can hear
    the sound keep going and the mouse is moving. I really need help and thank you for any suggestions or solutions Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube :)
    Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube [​IMG]

0711GIG, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Constant Blue Screens - Event ID 10016, Distributed COM Error

I changed the driver and immediately restarted but am still experiencing the freeze issue I detailed earlier. The computer will randomly become entirely unresponsive while watching a video or playing a game, but will continue that process just fine. Everything
    else freezes. So for instance, if I'm watching a youtube video the youtube video will continue to play but I cannot minimize the browser, select anything from the start menu, etc. When I ctrl-alt-del I cannot select anything except the task manager. When initially
    bringing up the task manager it shows that task manager is taking up ~85% of the CPU but quickly goes down after about 2 or 3 seconds - then everything becomes responsive again.

Event viewer is showing that it is a loop of DistributedCOMs errors 10016 that appears every time the freeze happens.

Cody Manshack, Dec 11, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

How does "tab with YouTube or similar site get closed" if your keyboard and mouse are frozen?

In other words, how do you regain control? Do you really need to close the page or do you simply have to wait till the video stops playing?

AndreyT, Dec 11, 2015
  5. malenna Win User
    Hi Andrey!

Thanks for your quick reply! I have to wait till the video stops playing, but sometimes even this does not help. I try Ctrl+Alt+Del, but the menu with running processes does not show up. Well, for the last 2 weeks I have been simply pushing "power" button on my base unit to restart.

I hope this helps and great thanks again!

malenna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor freezes and I cannot type when watching youtube - Similar Threads - Cursor freezes cannot

2. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffffa109f4473000Parameter 3: ffffa109e5e37040Parameter 4: 69OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  3. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffffa109f4473000Parameter 3: ffffa109e5e37040Parameter 4: 69OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  4. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Cursor Freeze When Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Cursor Freeze When Typing: My windows cursor freezes whenever I type. I've tried everything. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad drivers its a synaptics touchpad and that didn't work. I've turned off and on hide cursor while typing. I've updated windows and even tinkered with other...
  6. Youtube freezes and crashes whenever I try to watch a Youtube video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube freezes and crashes whenever I try to watch a Youtube video: Youtube freezes and crashes whenever I try to watch a Youtube video. It happens constantly. My Youtube is pinned to the taskbar. I have tried to redo the shortcut and clean boot. Never works. I also can no longer use the search function within people's channels....
  7. Cursor freeze and automatic typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor freeze and automatic typing: I have 2 problems with my laptop running on Windows 7. 1 The cursor freezes after every few minutes works fine after you press ALT+TAB, 2 The key ' starts typing automatically like..'''''''''...
  8. BSoD when watching YouTube in Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when watching YouTube in Chrome: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pizzahut_666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv3294/bsod_when_watching_youtube_in_chrome/
  9. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....
  10. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen: I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum. 40871