Windows 10: Cursor Freezes On HP EliteBook 8160p Win 10 64 bit Pro lLaptop

Discus and support Cursor Freezes On HP EliteBook 8160p Win 10 64 bit Pro lLaptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 64 bit Pro HP EliteBook 8460p laptop with a recurring problem. The cursor freezes from time to time and so far, after following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CAG43, Nov 24, 2017.

1. CAG43 Win User

Cursor Freezes On HP EliteBook 8160p Win 10 64 bit Pro lLaptop

I have a Windows 10 64 bit Pro HP EliteBook 8460p laptop with a recurring problem.
    The cursor freezes from time to time and so far, after following the instructions on how to repair the problem, nothing has worked permanently
    I inserted the Repair Computer CD and followed the options which were to continue, troubleshoot, turn off the computer or go to advanced options.
    I chose the advanced options and tried each one beginning with, system restore, restore image, recovery, startup repair or go back to the command prompt or the previous build.

This procedure worked once, then the second time I logged in, the cursor froze.
    I tried this three times and got a different result each time. Sometimes the cursor came back, but only temporarily. Then, it disappeared.

My question is, why, after going through all the repair options, did the results still come out the same?

Sometimes it worked, but, more often than not, the problem recurred.
    I would appreciate any thoughts you could share with me on this matter.

:)

CAG43, Nov 24, 2017

2. left/right Sound is not balance since upgrade to windows 10

@ Bramicus

Your instructions were clear and very helpfull.

However, it helped me just partly.

During a clean install of Windows 10 Pro-64-bit, Windows installed automatically a driver for my soundcard of my notebook HP EliteBook 8570w.

I replaced it by a by HP offered soundcard 64-bit driver for Windows 8.1. This driver solved the problem for 100%.

So, another (old) driver could help solve the problem as well.

Judithde Roo, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Chuck9879 Win User
    Windows 10 freezes when I go to restart.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit will freeze when I go to restart. Shutdown works fine but restart never gets to reboot just freezes before.

Chuck9879, Nov 24, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Perform the following steps:

1) Download and install: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site
    2) in the evening power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key to open the HP UEFI diagnostics
    3) run the loop until failure mode overnight and check the test results the next day.
    4) if 2 or more loops have completed click the keyboard escape key to abort the testing and post the results into the thread.
    5) if there is a failure (even a battery problem) the testing will abort and the testing will be incomplete.

6) Run the DM log collector: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    This will collect logs for troubleshooting. Post a zip into the thread.

zbook, Nov 25, 2017
  5. CAG43 Win User
    Thank you, zbook.
    I will try it and let you know the results.

CAG43, Nov 25, 2017
  6. CAG43 Win User
    Hi Zbook,

No way to download HP_PC Hardware Diag to the notebook I am having trouble with - I cannot connect it to the Internet. I suppose if I downloaded to a bootable USB Flash Drive I could plug the Flash Drive in the notebook I am having a problem, boot from it and press F2. What do think? Detailed instructions appreciated.

CAG43, Nov 25, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    There are 3 ways to download the software:
    1) directly from HP by > HP.com > drivers and support > enter the computer's serial or product number > view drivers > download to computer
    2) open this website > HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site > download and install to computer
    3) open this website > HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site > create bootable USB flash drive to test HP diagnostics

4) Whenever you are able to run the DM log collector and post a zip the files can be troubleshooted:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Nov 25, 2017
  8. MrHudson Win User

I would download the ISO to flash drive and do clean install if its not under warranty. my HP 15 crashed, booted to Advanced Option, in Troubleshoot, it had no option of Recovery. Recovery will access Drive D where factory default is. Factory Default is resetting it back to day you first started it up.
    I downloaded the ISO to a USB Flash Drive ( Seagate Free Agent), started it up where it booted to Advanced Option, did the UEFI, picked Boot Option and click the Seagate Free Agent. once it finished, went to HP website and downloaded their software&drivers, clicked to install. some did, some didn't. the ones that didn't was from OS not supported.

MrHudson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor Freezes On HP EliteBook 8160p Win 10 64 bit Pro lLaptop - Similar Threads - Cursor Freezes EliteBook

2. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly: Hi there, first of all I want to apologize, my english isnt very good. About 2 months ago my pc is been freezing randomly, it happens when I am playing or watching a video, some days happen, some days dont. Until now it has never happend in other moment. I cant move the...
  4. CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit: I had CFS2 and CFS3 running on Win 10 after upgrading but I decided yesterday to do a clean-up and deleted all versions (stock, ETO, BoB, MAW, PTO, etc.). Now I can't get the installer to work much less solve the Compatibly issues once CFS3 is installed. I get a 0x000005...
  5. HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS: I have a HP S700 128 GB SSD. On one computer it is recognized as a hard drive and I can view files normally. On the other computer it is recognized as an USB storage device and you cannot see or access the files. What is the issue here?...
  6. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  7. win 10 64 bit

win 10 64 bit: I bought a disc win 10 0em from newegg. ok here,s the question if I get a new motherboard I will be able to activate like win 7 right? clean install from dvd it has a license on the package. 40253
  8. UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.: Hi all, Good to be here. Somehow I have managed to mess up my only UAC (the hidden one in Command Prompt. It does show up on the login page but Account name is "NewUsername", Username is "Brian-HP/NewUsername" and it asks for a password. Which I cant find or remember as it...
  9. Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update

Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update: Is this the latest update version? It downloaded this a.m. I am not on the insider program [img] 43504
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing: Hello I recently updated my desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro. My setup has Windows 10 on a 480 GB SSD with 2 secondary drives. My system experiences periodic freezing it was much worse before I updated the system through windows update. The system freezes and I get the blue...