Windows 10: Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem?

Discus and support Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite and I'm running windows 10. I've tried pressing F5 and FN+F5 but nothing happens. I've had a look on various forums and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by translator82, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem?

I have a Toshiba Satellite and I'm running windows 10. I've tried pressing F5 and FN+F5 but nothing happens. I've had a look on various forums and all the advice seems to start with "go here", "go to this menu" etc but I have no idea how to go anywhere without a mouse. Any ideas?

:)

translator82, Feb 26, 2016
  2. TedSteen1 Win User

My mouse cursor has disappeared

It urns out that my problem is shared by at least 80000 people. It was caused by a defective Microsoft update that knocked out my USB drivers. It was fixed by removing the update.

TedSteen1, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    My mouse cursor has disappeared

Hi Ted,

It is possible that this is due to wireless connection issues or driver conflict.

To properly troubleshoot the issue, we have provided an article below to troubleshoot wireless mouse and other peripherals.

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Feel free to post back for the results.

Romel Ram, Feb 26, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem?

Can you do a Ctrl + Alt + Del ?

snoopy51, Feb 26, 2016
  5. Hi snoopy51, yes I can but why do you think that would work?

6. snoopy51 Win User
    It is just a test for keyboard. The answer is Mouse Keys:

Mousekeys = LeftAlt+LeftShift+NumLock. Press and hold until something happens.

Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem? [​IMG]

Now you can move around with the mouse keys!

snoopy51, Feb 26, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Read this link, shows you keyboard commands you can use, to try, so maybe you can re-install your mouse driver.
    Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List

If snoopy51 suggestion don't work. Reinstall mouse driver.

OldMike65, Feb 26, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

Another approach is to use another mouse. I did with a wired mouse. After it is fully operational, I re-installed the mouse driver! You can download the mouse driver from the vendor!

Or

• Press Windows key, type devicemngr and press Enter
    • Press Tab to switch to devices list
    • Use your arrow keys to reach to Mice and other pointing devices and press right arrow key to expand it
    • Press down arrow key to select your mouse
    • Press Shift + F10 to simulate the right-click and open the context menu
    • Select Update driver with arrow keys and press Enter
    • Follow installation instructions

snoopy51, Feb 26, 2016
  9. I can now see the cursor but it isn't moving. Am I just supposed to press the arrow keys on the number pad to move it?

10. I just tried the instructions in you no.6 post snoopy. They were very clear - thank you! But it says that my driver software is up to date.

11. Sorry - just realised I was supposed to do that after installing another mouse which I don't have.

12. No other suggestions? I use my laptop as a laptop - I could buy a mouse but it wouldn't be easy to use, I'd rather have the mousepad working.

13. Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem?

I do appreciate all the help so far - and the clear explanations as I'm a bit technologically challenged...

14. Seem to have solved it - I reverted to the old mouse device settings and then reuploaded the most up to date and restarted. Thanks everyone!

15. OldMike65 Win User
    Glad you solved your mouse problem!! *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem? - Similar Threads - Cursor has disappeared

2. My cursor has disappeared??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor has disappeared??: Hi my name is Emma and I have an ASUS Vivobook 15. Just today I have noticed that my laptop’s cursor has disappeared when I’m using my homescreen, but is apparent on my Lock Screen. I’ve already done some research, and I’ve tried restarting/shutting down the laptop, but...
  3. My cursor has disappeared??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cursor has disappeared??: Hi my name is Emma and I have an ASUS Vivobook 15. Just today I have noticed that my laptop’s cursor has disappeared when I’m using my homescreen, but is apparent on my Lock Screen. I’ve already done some research, and I’ve tried restarting/shutting down the laptop, but...
  4. My cursor has disappeared??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding for Hardware and Software Problems: Hi! I want to find and check whether are there any issues in my windows 10 PC's hardware and software. What is the best and the most appropriate way to do this and give out the 100% correct problems in my hardware and software......
  6. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding for Hardware and Software Problems: Hi! I want to find and check whether are there any issues in my windows 10 PC's hardware and software. What is the best and the most appropriate way to do this and give out the 100% correct problems in my hardware and software......
  7. Multiple hardware/software problems

Multiple hardware/software problems: I'm having multiple hardware a software problems now including: One of my 3.0 drives disconnecting and reconnecting. Morse beeps and different volumes. Sudden lag spikes. Broken copy and pasting. Overheating problems My computer charger and battery has recently been...
  8. Unsure if it is software or hardware problem...

Unsure if it is software or hardware problem...: When starting my laptop the screen goes black before it finishes loading, unless I unplug the power source, then it comes back on. Plug it in and it goes out, unplug and it comes back on. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? It is an older Lenovo laptop, probably...
  9. Problem with cursor disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with cursor disappearing: Got a new laptop yesterday - MSI GS63 7RD Stealth, running Windows 10. Was working great for a couple of hours, fast and as expected. I then downloaded Minecraft, and downloaded a shader pack (a well-known one from the legit source). Opened Minecraft, major lag, froze....
  10. Mouse cursor has disappeared - cannot find solution or problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor has disappeared - cannot find solution or problem: Hi Booted up my computer this morning and all seemed fine. Installed an iTunes update. Computer did necessary restart & then after that my mouse cursor had disappeared entirely. I'm using a logitech wireless mouse & keyboard with a unifying USB. Unifying software has not...