Windows 10: Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Discus and support Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear Windows 10 Fall Creators Update HP Envy x360 Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wittier, Dec 8, 2017.

1. wittier Win User

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    HP Envy x360

Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and sometimes it will return to being viewable. It's as if the pointer/cursor is sometimes hidden when it's positioned in the body of the screen but reappears when it's up in the header. Moving my finger around the touchpad doesn't recover the pointer until I move to the top of the touchpad. I can see that the app is reacting as if the cursor is over items on the screen (they flicker for example) but the arrow does not appear.

The app I use most is Chrome. I don't think it's an app issue but will try to monitor whether it happens in other apps as well.

More effective in recovering the pointer is touching the touch screen and then the touchpad and the mouse pointer then reappears.

I've tried resizing and changing the color of the mouse pointer in Windows Settings, but this didn't change the issue.

How can I make the cursor / mouse pointer arrow disappear less often and, if it disappears, make it come back by just touching the touchpad?

:)

wittier, Dec 8, 2017
  2. CoriWong Win User

WIndows 10 installation from WIndows 8 ASUS laptop touch screen made mouse pointer DISAPPEAR!

I still have not heard from you regarding my second question.

The first answer was partially helpful in that the mouse pointer reappears; BUT THEN the pointer disappeared again. Once the touch screen is touched, the pointer no longer comes back.

Rebooting returns the pointer and then once the touch screen is touched, then it disappears again permanently.

Now what??? Why have a touch screen if it does not work on Windows 10???

Corinne

CoriWong, Dec 8, 2017
  3. Cursor has disappeared with Windows 10 update

My cursor pointer disappeared today. This is on a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series which came with Windows 10 installed. It's about 1 year old.

When the laptop boots up, there is a cursor pointer and it can be used with the touchpad. It does not work with the mouse. Then after logging in, the pointer disappears, leaving me in touch screen mode.

I tried in and re-installing mouse drivers. I tried the recommended DISM.exe / commands.

Any suggestions?

Phillip_de_Coupeville, Dec 8, 2017
  4. wittier Win User

I've unchecked "hide pointer while typing" in Mouse Properties and will see if that helps.
    Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear [​IMG]

wittier, Dec 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear - Similar Threads - Cursor Mouse Pointer

2. Microsoft Surface 4 Mouse Pointer Disappears but then Reappears when woken from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface 4 Mouse Pointer Disappears but then Reappears when woken from sleep: I have a 6 year old Microsoft Surface 4. Still works pretty good, except the mouse pointer keeps disappearing to the point I can't get any work done on it. At the time I am writing this is one of the only times I have had it keep going. Typically, when I wake up the machine,...
  3. Cursor Disappeared From Screen And 'Mouse And Pointers' In Device Manager Dissapeared Too...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor Disappeared From Screen And 'Mouse And Pointers' In Device Manager Dissapeared Too...: So for some reason, after i was AFK Farming with an autoclicker in a game overnight, i woke up to my elan pointing device that disappeared, i went to device manager, and it said it was working properly for some reason, i swear it wasnt, so i restarted my pc, checked device...
  4. My mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen.: My mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen : I can only use the touch screen. Help! Where did it go?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer-has-disappeared-from-the-screen/90bcf319-d2a2-40f3-b836-1bafd6fd126b
  5. Mouse pointer doesn't disappear when typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pointer doesn't disappear when typing: I've setup my mouse cursor preferences with "Hide pointer while typing" being checked. But the mouse pointer doesn't disappear. I even rebooted after selecting this preference. Is there some other setting that I'm missing? I have my pointer set to being black (instead of...
  6. Mouse pointer disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer disappearing: When I updated Windows 10 today, with the November 2019 update, my mouse pointer was disappearing while navigating through my Inbox in the Windows Mail app. The way I got the mouse pointer to come back, was to change the advanced mouse setting options so that the pointer...
  7. Disappearing and reappearing pointer

Disappearing and reappearing pointer: I am having issues with the mouse pointer disappearing and reappearing continually. It makes sounds while doing it...I have run a scan and done some work on the command administrator but has not resolved the issue....
  8. Mouse pointer disappearing

Mouse pointer disappearing: My USB mouse pointer disappearing every now and then. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappearing/9146b0ac-3106-42a0-9dd8-7b0d5cc23eb1
  9. Disappearing Mouse Pointer

Disappearing Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 and my mouse pointer keeps disappearing from the screen. If I restart my computer, it comes back, but eventually disappears again. I'm only using a touchpad - not a plug-in mouse....
  10. Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing

Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing: My pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing... it as if i have blank spots on my screen where the pointer hides behind (there is nothing wrong with my screen though). I've updated my computer and it still hasn't fixed the issue. its very annoying when trying to select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My mouse doesnt have a pointer

2. whered my curser arrow go hp envy

3. how do you make the mouse cursor reappear

4. What happens if my cursor doesnt reappear you not the computer restarts