Windows 10: Cursor / mouse unresponsive or laggy after update to 10

Discus and support Cursor / mouse unresponsive or laggy after update to 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I mistakenly posted this in general forum. My issue is I have two computers that have been upgraded to Win10. Both exhibit issues with the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SJMaye, Sep 22, 2015.

1. SJMaye Win User

Cursor / mouse unresponsive or laggy after update to 10

I mistakenly posted this in general forum. My issue is I have two computers that have been upgraded to Win10. Both exhibit issues with the mouse responsiveness. I suspect background programs loading the system. Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Main issue for me- These are 2 family computers 600 miles away. Whatever I do I have to do it through TeamViewer.

:)

SJMaye, Sep 22, 2015

2. Cursor lagging on my desktop

Hi. I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop. Just recently, the cursor very unresponsive and laggy, but only when on the desktop. This happens with the touchpad but only sometimes with my wired mouse. I should note that after a restart, I only have
    issues once I've started an application/program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CharlieGrabow, Sep 22, 2015
  3. JB1733 Win User
    Windows 10 unresponsive

After upgrade to 10 coming out of sleep mode mouse cursor is visible but screen is unresponsive to right or left clicks so I cannot sign on and there are no icons visible lower right

JB1733, Sep 22, 2015
  4. tractable Win User

Is it only curosr slow? Can you check any refreshing of task bar or desktop at the same time ? Like disappearing of task bar and reappearing.

tractable, Sep 22, 2015
  5. SJMaye Win User
    My Dad is 83 and not a big time computer guy, but he reports the mouse just won't move sometimes. My brothers Lenovo laptop touchpad does not respond, but the red nub joystick does work. He also reports that once he touches the joystick the touchpad starts working.

If I cannot fix these things I think I will have no other choice than to put them both back to Win 8.1

SJMaye, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    I had similar issues with a Logitech mouse and found that I had altered some parameters in the mouse setup that I thought would improve performance. Setting everything for the mouse back to the default settings cured the problem straight away. May help, may not.
    Also, is the mouse a wireless mouse? If so, that opens up a new load of possible things to try - distance to receiver, battery, etc.

Kanata, Sep 22, 2015
  7. ram1220 Win User
    There are reports in the Logitech forums that their drivers are not working properly with Win 10. Users that have deleted the Logitech drivers and gone back to the default Win 10 mouse drivers have reported success. The OP doesn't say if the computers are laptops or PC's or what brand mice they have. So my apologies if this doesn't pertain to the OP.

ram1220, Sep 22, 2015
  8. SJMaye Win User

Ah! This reminded me about wireless mouse issues I have had in the past. This one uses a low profile USB receiver plugged directly in to the little Acer Revo. I have had some issues with that in the past.

I had Dad check and YES it was his problem. We are trying a couple other USB ports. If that doesn't work we will try a USB extension cable unless someone has a better idea.

Thank you, Kanata!

SJMaye, Sep 23, 2015
  9. Kanata Win User
    I've been having a bit of a mouse 'crusade' recently, since installing Win 10, to see how I can get the best mouse action. Wireless mice seem to cause too many issues (generally, not just in Win 10)and gaming mice seem too cheap and plasticky. For my use I can't better the simple optical wired mice from MS or Logitech and not to play around too much with the settings.

Kanata, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor / mouse unresponsive or laggy after update to 10 - Similar Threads - Cursor mouse unresponsive

2. Laggy and unresponsive Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laggy and unresponsive Start Menu: [ATTACH] Hey all. Over the past few days I've realized that my start menu isn't acting at all how it's suppose to be. Unresponsive Start Menu and flickering Taskbar I'm not sure what has caused this... I use TranslucentTaskbar but closing the program still yields the...
  3. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  4. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  5. unresponsive cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive cursor: Playing Spider. card that i want to move is in the lower right corner of screen. When click upon nothing happens. Th rest of the screen seems normal. Frustrating!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-cursor/29963685-8a93-4fed-9260-2b8ba89775bf
  6. unresponsive cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unresponsive cursor: Playing Spider. card that i want to move is in the lower right corner of screen. When click upon nothing happens. Th rest of the screen seems normal. Frustrating!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-cursor/29963685-8a93-4fed-9260-2b8ba89775bf
  7. Mouse laggy (AGAIN) after windows 10 update!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse laggy (AGAIN) after windows 10 update!: Hi everyone, it seems this is such a popular issue, and I have been able to solve this issue up until now. I have a bluetooth mouse and everytime after I type something or my mouse is idle for 1 second there is a lag when I try to move it again. It gets really frustrating...
  8. Laggy Cursor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laggy Cursor on Windows 10: When i move my mouse the cursor will freeze for a second then it will keep moving. This problem is affecting me playing games and effectively getting around the screen. Things i have tried : Updating and Reinstalling Driver Scanning for corrupt files Cleaning actual...
  9. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after update

Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after update: My computer did an update and now my keyboard and mouse won’t work, I’m unable to get into safe mode. * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified. Assumed to be Windows 10....
  10. My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy

My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy: Hello, I have some issues with my wireless mouse,it is a brand new gembird mouse,and it becomes unresponsive and laggy sometimes,so I would please you to tell me everything I can do to fix this issue. My Windows version is : Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor isl laggy on pc after 10 upgrade