Windows 10: Cursor moves backwards

Discus and support Cursor moves backwards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is is a Synaptics device? If so, you have to remove ALL drivers and software which will normally be found in Programs and Features and reinstall a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Cursor moves backwards

Is is a Synaptics device?

If so, you have to remove ALL drivers and software which will normally be found in Programs and Features and reinstall a totally fresh driver from Synaptics.

If that also wont install then there is something somewhere else going on.

kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018
  2. ksiemb Win User

HP Notebook-17-P161DX - Windows 10 - When entering text in an email, in an online crossword, or using wordpad to compose a letter, the cursor will automatically at some point, move backwards without warning, causing over typing previously entered text. I am carefull not to have my hand near the touchpad, and even had it disabled, but the cursor still moves backward. I have a USB mouse attached.

:)

ksiemb, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Cursor Jumping Around

I cannot control the cursor -- it sometimes jumps backwards, forward and to other typed lines. What can I do to control the cursor?

Moved From: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016

Jo Ann CooperKilleen, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Cursor moves backwards

How do I move the cursor back to a previous point when I'm typing an email / text message?

When typing an emal / text message, if I want to move back to a previous word in order to add to / correct it, it selects the entire word. How do I move the cursor position without selecting a word. Perhaps the keypad just needs forward / backward buttons
    to give a use fine control over the cursor position?

Aceofspades25, Apr 20, 2018
  5. Sounds like a synaptics touch pad pointing device, drivers are probably mega old.

Worth updating the drivers? Check first to see the make as may not be synaptics but does sound like the classic over sensitive touch pad.

You so much as look at the touch pad and it starts to move lol

kingtez1984, Apr 20, 2018
  6. ksiemb Win User
    driver will not update. I started a new post for that, as did not want to confuse issue here.

ksiemb, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

Cursor moves backwards

1. Cursor moves backwards - Similar Threads - Cursor moves backwards

2. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  3. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  4. Cursor won't move?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor won't move?: So I recently updated my laptop HP, win10 and haven't used it until tonight, and I discovered that synaptics isn't installed properly or isn't running and looks like a blank file on the thumbnail. I try to double click it with my usb mouse and I get "there was a problem...
  5. Cursor moves on its on

Cursor moves on its on: Why do pointer move on its own . should I put it on low intensity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-moves-on-its-on/c3d555c8-9f9a-4479-a1ac-a4054e342ebc
  6. cursor not moving

cursor not moving: on my computer the cursor is not moving right when I get on it it just stops moving or sometimes just jump around my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving/d590b4f6-bc8d-4216-a64d-16a9dca3f07d
  7. cursor moves irregularly

cursor moves irregularly: The cursor on my monitor moves irregularly, windows sometimes reduce themselves and sometimes expand. I‘ve updated the system. My laptop is Surface Pro 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-moves-irregularly/c9413919-b7cd-47e1-b70f-7881a05fa1a0
  8. cursor stopped moving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor stopped moving: Cursor stopped moving....use windows 10 and I use the finger touchpad not a mouse.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stopped-moving/3b7d8455-2c5a-4ca3-b771-eccc75049778
  9. Cursor keeps moving

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor keeps moving: I'm using Dell Latitude , and been experiencing this cursor that keeps moving at the upper right of the screen and lower left, Done diasbling touchpad but the problem still exist, Done reformatting but it still not fixed. Done doing some of the tips here from running...
  10. After I press the space button, the cursor moves backwards and an empty space is created.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After I press the space button, the cursor moves backwards and an empty space is created.: It just happened to me. I wanted to insert an empty space following a string of command line in cygwin, or after a string of characters in Word or Mathematica, or any other programs. After I pressed the space button, the cursor seemed to move backwards and an empty space is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my cursor keeps moving backwards

2. Problem with cursor moving backwards when typing on word