Windows 10: cursor not steady on windows 10

Discus and support cursor not steady on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I boot into windows 10, I am not able to use the cursor. It goes on roaming all over the desktop on its own. If want to click something, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seking, Sep 1, 2015.

1. seking Win User

cursor not steady on windows 10

Whenever I boot into windows 10, I am not able to use the cursor. It goes on roaming all over the desktop on its own. If want to click something, it goes and click something else. I was so frustrated I had clean installed windows 8.1 for the time being. I believe windows 10 is full of bugs, takes much too large a space on hard disk and nothing works as it should. I f any of you have any suggestion it is very welcome?

:)

seking, Sep 1, 2015

2. Screen keeps blinking on desktop screen after installing windows10

My update installed, but my screen keeps blinking on my desktop screen. I cannot get out of it, change it or return to windows. Help!

As it blinks, it may or may not show my icons and the cursor is steady with the wheel circling beside it. It's been doing this for about 2 hours now.

KarenBurwinkel, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Cursor problem after installing Windows 10

Hey Ruben thank you, this worked. I have an Envy 7, followed the steps you described and the pointer with it's ring are now steady again. In fact I had the same problem right after upgrading to Windows 10 but noticed that 10 didn't like sharing. Disabling
    sharing files with another computer resolved the problem. Now, after I installed Office 365, the cursor started flashing again. However, your recommendation to disable all the unwanted HP stuff did work. I wished they wouldn't always install things, that don't
    work anyway, automatically without asking.

Thank you, Werner

awwztoplef, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

cursor not steady on windows 10

1. cursor not steady on windows 10 - Similar Threads - cursor steady

2. Windows 10 cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cursor: I have an hp Windows 10(I dont know anything more specific about the type of laptop) and im having an issue where the cursor jumps to near the bottom right corner of the screen randomly. This can happen while i am currently using the cursor with the touchpad or sometimes if I...
  3. Cursor disappeared on my Lenovo Yoga 730

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor disappeared on my Lenovo Yoga 730: No matter what I do I can't keep my cursor from disappearing. I've even gone into 'control panel' clicked open cursors and pointers. Reset etc. and the issue doesn't resolve. Please HELP! I'm at my wits end. The only way I'm able to function is by continually having to...
  4. Mouse Cursor

Mouse Cursor: My mouse cursor doesn't appear on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor/a7767db0-7be7-4be9-bb51-bbf6c01eabe2
  5. Cursor is jumpy

Cursor is jumpy: Why does my cursor erroneously move around AND highlight full sentences AND/OR paragraphs AND then delete them if I hit the spacebar (at least I THINK that's when it happens) when I am typing? Very annoying. I will be typing and look up only to see that I'm typing wherever...
  6. Seemingly nonsensical cursor issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly nonsensical cursor issue?: My cursor seems to disappear whenever I scroll over opened windows not integral to the computer's systems. It disappears over google but reappears on the taskbar and the plain background. Not sure how or why this would be a function within a computer. Any ideas, world?...
  7. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.: I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue, I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares on it. After about one-two years of uni, the laptop started to act up occasionally. The symptoms are: 1. Unresponsive...
  8. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?: So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor, while I'm asleep, just stops showing up. I do have a screensaver on, but usually when this happens, it doesn't show up either....
  9. Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 magnifier does not track cursor: Hello, I am using Windows 10 pro and its integrated magnifier. It used to track the mouse and keyboard cursor very well yet a few weeks ago it stopped tracking the keyboard cursor in some applications specifically Google Chrome while it continues tracking the keyboard cursor...
  10. how do I control the size of my cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I control the size of my cursor.: how do I control the size of my cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-control-the-size-of-my-cursor/35caa0f2-b4df-4b7c-9f90-fa1b23178410