Windows 10: cursor not steady on windows 10

Discus and support cursor not steady on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I boot into windows 10, I am not able to use the cursor. It goes on roaming all over the desktop on its own. If want to click something, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seking, Sep 1, 2015.

1. seking Win User

cursor not steady on windows 10

Whenever I boot into windows 10, I am not able to use the cursor. It goes on roaming all over the desktop on its own. If want to click something, it goes and click something else. I was so frustrated I had clean installed windows 8.1 for the time being. I believe windows 10 is full of bugs, takes much too large a space on hard disk and nothing works as it should. I f any of you have any suggestion it is very welcome?

:)

seking, Sep 1, 2015

2. Screen keeps blinking on desktop screen after installing windows10

My update installed, but my screen keeps blinking on my desktop screen. I cannot get out of it, change it or return to windows. Help!

As it blinks, it may or may not show my icons and the cursor is steady with the wheel circling beside it. It's been doing this for about 2 hours now.

KarenBurwinkel, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Cursor problem after installing Windows 10

Hey Ruben thank you, this worked. I have an Envy 7, followed the steps you described and the pointer with it's ring are now steady again. In fact I had the same problem right after upgrading to Windows 10 but noticed that 10 didn't like sharing. Disabling
    sharing files with another computer resolved the problem. Now, after I installed Office 365, the cursor started flashing again. However, your recommendation to disable all the unwanted HP stuff did work. I wished they wouldn't always install things, that don't
    work anyway, automatically without asking.

Thank you, Werner

awwztoplef, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

cursor not steady on windows 10

1. cursor not steady on windows 10 - Similar Threads - cursor steady

2. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.: The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried multiple things like unplugging my mouse and keyboard, restarting my PC, and even created another user. It also does not register...
  3. Cursor freezes only when NO GAMES are running on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor freezes only when NO GAMES are running on my laptop.: I'm currently working and gaming on an Alienware 17 r5 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070). For the past couple of months, I've had a really strange issue. If I'm using my PC for anything other than gaming, whether it's checking emails, browsing the web, or editing music, my...
  4. Black screen with cursor, nothing works.

Black screen with cursor, nothing works.: Don't know if this is the right sub to ask for help, but well, when I log in, my desktop doesn't load. Only my mouse is there. I'm on a Asus Ultrabook S46C. Task manager doesn't open in any way. FN + Esc + Power also don't work. I have Process Lasso installed, and he do...
  5. display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.: The display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.so I think nothing is wrong with my hardware.how can i fix this. [IMG]...
  6. Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications: SO, Working in Quark Xpress for years has been fun, but I'm now running a 1903Win10 pc and it's got a little niggling feature that has to be generated by windows. When editing text, the cursor changes from a standard pointer or crosshair to a special looking one that...
  7. Cursor would not display in Outlook 2013 email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cursor would not display in Outlook 2013 email: I have no idea how this happened. I've been using Outlook now since like forever. I was just doing normal email, creating a new message, when the cursor did not display in any Outlook window. It did display in the taskbar at the bottom of the main window. I had to...
  8. Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update

Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update: Hi, I hesitantly allowed my computer to update just a couple hours ago, and now I have a problem with all spreadsheets. When I move between cells using the keyboard, whether it be via ENTER/TAB or Directional keys, the cursor always repositions itself to the top-left corner...
  9. Mouse cursor different on different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor different on different monitors: I work with 3 monitors and,for no reason, the mouse cursor on the 2nd monitor changed from the arrow to a circle. I've tried mouse settings and monitor settings and nothing helps. I've re-started twice....
  10. Taskbar Stuck after Cursor Taken Off

Taskbar Stuck after Cursor Taken Off: [IMG] Only recently have I saw that the taskbar is stuck after I take my cursor off of it. I can't find anything about this bug I suppose. Anyone got a fix? how do I stop this?! submitted by /u/MrColby [link] [comments]...