Windows 10: Cursor selecting everything on the page

Discus and support Cursor selecting everything on the page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Acer ES1-512 with a cursor that won't stop selecting everything on the screen. This is making the computer unusable. So far I have -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bloomen, Sep 14, 2017.

1. bloomen Win User

Cursor selecting everything on the page

I have an Acer ES1-512 with a cursor that won't stop selecting everything on the screen. This is making the computer unusable.

So far I have - reinstalled Windows, tested three different mouses, tested mouses with the trackpad disabled, turned off all accessibility options and sticky keys, checked with the onscreen keyboard to see if any keys are stuck, which they're not.

Nothing has worked. The problem remains. I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

bloomen, Sep 14, 2017

2. When I put my cursor on a page or on Facebook, the WHOLE long address appears. How do I fix this.

When I put my cursor on a page or on Facebook, the WHOLE long address appears. How do I fix this.

NaomiGibson, Sep 14, 2017
  3. When I put my cursor on a page or on Facebook, the WHOLE long address appears. How do I fix this.

Hi Naomi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• When you say, "I put my cursor on a page" which page are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to any webpage?
    • Which browser are you using to access this page?
    • When you say, "WHOLE long address appears" what exactly are you referring to?
    Kindly provide us a screenshot of the issue to assist you accordingly.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Is it the right mouse key doing it? If so it could be one of the Shift keys is stuck. Or does it happen when left clicking to select a portion of text and all of it gets highlighted?

Berton, Sep 14, 2017
  5. is this a click lock problem, make shure that is unchecked in mouse settings

lopedoggie, Sep 14, 2017
  6. bloomen Win User
    I've tested it with several different mouses, all of which work perfectly, I've turned off the trackpad in case one of the buttons was stuck, I've checked every single key on the keyboard.

Nothing's worked. Click lock is off.

bloomen, Sep 14, 2017
  7. Have you tried a different USB port?

Snarks*Cool

SnarkyTwit, Sep 14, 2017
  8. Bastet Win User

I had this problem & it turned out to be the keyboard, tried a different one & that was OK.

Bastet, Sep 14, 2017
  9. bloomen Win User
    I've tried different mice, ports, external keyboards, onscreen keyboard, you name it.

There must be some obvious setting that I'm missing. I have no idea what it is.

bloomen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor selecting everything on the page - Similar Threads - Cursor selecting everything

2. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?: Hey.I've been making cursors for a living since 2015. However, since I used Windows 10 at one point in 2019, I notice two extra cursor roles, named Location Select , and Person Select . I know the purpose of all other cursor roles, but what are the purpose of these two extra...
  3. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?: Hey.I've been making cursors for a living since 2015. However, since I used Windows 10 at one point in 2019, I notice two extra cursor roles, named Location Select , and Person Select . I know the purpose of all other cursor roles, but what are the purpose of these two extra...
  4. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My cursor keeps clicking everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My cursor keeps clicking everything: As mentioned, my cursor clicks and opens files and folders, closes my tabs, goes to different links.My touch pad doesn't even work and I've been using a mouse.I tried even taking off the mouse, and even replacing it with another mouse, but it's not the mouse's fault. Even now...
  6. mouse cursor selection box

mouse cursor selection box: HelloIt's been a few weeks my mouse cursor selection box In the form of the photo below Can you help me get back to normal?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-selection-box/56383ae0-6644-44fe-845c-8ff48db90233
  7. Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.: For the past few days I have been having these problems and more. My cursor keeps moving to the start of the search bar, document, etc. My webpages and documents keep scrolling up. Videos keep starting until I move to another tab. I am not able choose from drop down boxes...
  8. Cursor Selecting Edge of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Selecting Edge of Windows: In the Win 10 that runs on my work PC, the cursor behavior to select the edge of a window in order to resize it with mouse is driving me nuts and I cannot figure out what setting to reconfigure to change the behavior. The expected behavior is that when moving mouse to edge...
  9. Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text

Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text: Hello, I have encountered a strange problem. When I move to the taskbar, the cursor was an I-beam! This was caused by program crashes. Can you give me a solution to fix it?...
  10. Select Bar jumps to the top of everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select Bar jumps to the top of everything: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series, where I have encountered a seriously annoying problem. Whenever I try to select something mainly in File Explorer, but happens anywhere there is a choice, it even happens in the Start Menu, the "select" bar the blue bar "jumps" to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my cursor is selecting everything